ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Redelivery times of Special Delivery

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
trythat
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 720
Joined: 23 Jun 2007, 16:36

Redelivery times of Special Delivery

Post by trythat »

We were told in yesterdays WTL that a national briefing had gone out saying that Redelivery of P739 Special delivery items either 0900 or 1300 did NOT have to be redelivered to specification.
This should of always been the case, but we know it hasn't in the past. I'll be glad that I won't have to clock watch if I've got P739'd specials to do.
daveyeff
Posts: 4699
Joined: 12 Mar 2010, 19:38
Gender: Male

Redelivery times of Special Delivery

Post by daveyeff »

i think they should put a cap on the amount of times other items are redelivered as well. I took a tracked out today for the SIXTH time on a redelivery. (7 attempts in all). specific instructions on it NOT to be delivered to a neighbour. each time I go back they are not in. the DOM says ive to keep on trying. WHY ffs. its lost revenue. they don't think twice about charging someone a quid or whatever for an underpaid item of post, be it a Christmas card or just crap. so why keep trying for redelivery at a loss?
Bahia Feliz
Posts: 1169
Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 21:04
Gender: Male

Redelivery times of Special Delivery

Post by Bahia Feliz »

daveyeff wrote:i think they should put a cap on the amount of times other items are redelivered as well. I took a tracked out today for the SIXTH time on a redelivery. (7 attempts in all). specific instructions on it NOT to be delivered to a neighbour. each time I go back they are not in. the DOM says ive to keep on trying. WHY ffs. its lost revenue. they don't think twice about charging someone a quid or whatever for an underpaid item of post, be it a Christmas card or just crap. so why keep trying for redelivery at a loss?
Do you leave a 739 every time? If yes,Why do they ask for a redelivery if they know they are going to be out that day? Takin the P man!
olilew
Posts: 594
Joined: 19 May 2010, 22:04
Gender: Male

Redelivery times of Special Delivery

Post by olilew »

trythat wrote:We were told in yesterdays WTL that a national briefing had gone out saying that Redelivery of P739 Special delivery items either 0900 or 1300 did NOT have to be redelivered to specification.
This should of always been the case, but we know it hasn't in the past. I'll be glad that I won't have to clock watch if I've got P739'd specials to do.
We got notices up at our office, a redelivered special STILL HAS to be delivered to time.
"Just take it out and see how you go......."
Hitcher
Posts: 1530
Joined: 20 Sep 2009, 09:59
Gender: Male

Redelivery times of Special Delivery

Post by Hitcher »

olilew wrote:
trythat wrote:We were told in yesterdays WTL that a national briefing had gone out saying that Redelivery of P739 Special delivery items either 0900 or 1300 did NOT have to be redelivered to specification.
This should of always been the case, but we know it hasn't in the past. I'll be glad that I won't have to clock watch if I've got P739'd specials to do.
We got notices up at our office, a redelivered special STILL HAS to be delivered to time.
By being a redelivery it's already missed its time.
Destiny
Posts: 200
Joined: 29 Dec 2010, 10:18
Gender: Male
Location: North

Redelivery times of Special Delivery

Post by Destiny »

olilew wrote:
trythat wrote: We got notices up at our office, a redelivered special STILL HAS to be delivered to time.
They are'nt official though?
Have a think either way & throw it back at them with ways at your disposal.
daveyeff
Posts: 4699
Joined: 12 Mar 2010, 19:38
Gender: Male

Redelivery times of Special Delivery

Post by daveyeff »

Bahia Feliz wrote:
daveyeff wrote:i think they should put a cap on the amount of times other items are redelivered as well. I took a tracked out today for the SIXTH time on a redelivery. (7 attempts in all). specific instructions on it NOT to be delivered to a neighbour. each time I go back they are not in. the DOM says ive to keep on trying. WHY ffs. its lost revenue. they don't think twice about charging someone a quid or whatever for an underpaid item of post, be it a Christmas card or just crap. so why keep trying for redelivery at a loss?
Do you leave a 739 every time? If yes,Why do they ask for a redelivery if they know they are going to be out that day? Takin the P man!
yes, I've left one EVERY time, and also marked in the box on the reverse, the number of times its been attempted delivery.
Dorset Plodder
Posts: 4351
Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
Gender: Male

Redelivery times of Special Delivery

Post by Dorset Plodder »

daveyeff wrote:i think they should put a cap on the amount of times other items are redelivered as well. I took a tracked out today for the SIXTH time on a redelivery. (7 attempts in all).
Totally agree with you that's taking the piss :no no I'd say one attempt at a Re-delivery and then Come & Get it. We used to have a PHG that was very good and that was his attitude. Now we have a Real Nice Guy (but a bit soft) and he keeps throwing them back at us saying, "Well they have paid for the Delivery, and we're obliged to attempt a Re-delivery" but FFS 7 attempts is way too much :thumbdown

Be nice to have an official guide, but as all the Managers are on a Bonus scheme, it'll be what ever suits them! :cuppa
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Redelivery times of Special Delivery

Post by fishtank »

It will probably bounce backwards and forwards depending on how the customer perception goes. You can't make a claim if a redelivered special misses the 1 pm cut off but no doubt if enough customers moan about it management will tell you they have to be done by 1 pm.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
nickbsmooth
Posts: 279
Joined: 25 Jan 2013, 14:19
Gender: Male
Location: South East

Redelivery times of Special Delivery

Post by nickbsmooth »

Most courier companies will only reattempt 2 redeliveries
then return to sender.
The P739 cards are overly longwinded. Be easier to have barcoded stickers,stick one on a card on the parcel.
This could be scanned onto computer system and stored
For easy retrieval later on,no writing an essay in the pissing wind every 5mins.
Chitchat
Posts: 366
Joined: 30 Jan 2013, 15:18
Gender: Male

Redelivery times of Special Delivery

Post by Chitchat »

I was told that for redeliveries they have 18 chances. I had one that i attempted 9 times they must of collected it in the end. I say 2 times was fair.
jnob66
Posts: 8
Joined: 13 Dec 2015, 20:21
Gender: Male

Redelivery times of Special Delivery

Post by jnob66 »

I believe it's 21 days from first attempt of delivery so a possible 10 attempts of redelivery :arrrghhh
97gaz
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1023
Joined: 17 Dec 2008, 10:15
Gender: Male

Redelivery times of Special Delivery

Post by 97gaz »

[
Last edited by 97gaz on 14 Dec 2019, 21:38, edited 1 time in total.
t3mcIUQWE2
Posts: 137
Joined: 24 Oct 2015, 17:04
Gender: Male

Redelivery times of Special Delivery

Post by t3mcIUQWE2 »

trythat wrote:We were told in yesterdays WTL that a national briefing had gone out saying that Redelivery of P739 Special delivery items either 0900 or 1300 did NOT have to be redelivered to specification.
This should of always been the case, but we know it hasn't in the past. I'll be glad that I won't have to clock watch if I've got P739'd specials to do.
Did they also say it doesn't apply on Saturday unless they are Saturday Guaranteed?
woofwoof
Posts: 1516
Joined: 13 Apr 2007, 16:23
Gender: Male
Location: stinky land

Redelivery times of Special Delivery

Post by woofwoof »

Delivery services
6.—(1) At least one delivery every Monday to Saturday of letters originating from anywhere in the world—
(a) to the home or premises of every individual or other person in the United Kingdom; and
(b) to delivery points approved by OFCOM for the purposes of this paragraph.
(2) At least one delivery every Monday to Friday of other postal packets originating from anywhere in the world—
(a) to the home or premises of every individual or other person in the United Kingdom; and
(b) to delivery points approved by OFCOM for the purposes of this paragraph.
(3) The requirements in paragraphs (1) and (2) do not need to be met on any day which is (in the part of the United Kingdom concerned) a public holiday.