ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Recruitment & Retention Incentive Help

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Rhino14
Posts: 9
Joined: 22 Feb 2017, 16:07
Gender: Male

Recruitment & Retention Incentive Help

Post by Rhino14 »

Hello There
I hope this is the correct place for this & hopefully someone that may be able to help, I have received a letter from HR today saying that following an audit i wasn't previously paid the RRIS that I was due & that a backpay would be coming along with adjusted payments. I have been at RM for 5 years & this is the first I've heard, of it. Can anyone enlighten me on what it is & how much I might expect to get, I'm Surrey Based?
Thanks in advance for any help or advice.
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Recruitment & Retention Incentive Help

Post by fishtank »

Certain areas of the country (very) historically had problems recruiting staff. As a result they were offered RRIS as a carrot. I'm not sure how much it is these days, HR should have told you but 5 years worth will be a nice lift I would imagine.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
Rhino14
Posts: 9
Joined: 22 Feb 2017, 16:07
Gender: Male

Recruitment & Retention Incentive Help

Post by Rhino14 »

Hi

Thanks for the response, not sure how much either.

Guess I'll find out soon
South_London_Postie
Posts: 306
Joined: 18 Nov 2016, 19:58
Gender: Male

Recruitment & Retention Incentive Help

Post by South_London_Postie »

Hopefully my DO gets audited. No one wants to work there and I don't receive extra for putting up with all the BS that comes with !
rubberbond
Posts: 1497
Joined: 24 Aug 2014, 16:03
Gender: Male

Recruitment & Retention Incentive Help

Post by rubberbond »

Rhino14 wrote:Hi

Thanks for the response, not sure how much either.

Guess I'll find out soon
It's about £35 a week ,or so,for the south east, so the beers are on you!
Pompey Boy
Posts: 428
Joined: 14 Jul 2009, 22:30
Gender: Male

Recruitment & Retention Incentive Help

Post by Pompey Boy »

Scummers get it, but we don't :sad:
How much worse can it get? A LOT F****** WORSE !!!
trythat
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 720
Joined: 23 Jun 2007, 16:36

Recruitment & Retention Incentive Help

Post by trythat »

Someone in our office had a similar letter, I believe it was 3 years, roughly £1600 was paid in their wages the following week.