Just a quick question, my dad passed yesterday, who was also a postie. I can't seem to find anything of bereavement leave. I'm panicking because I'm on an level 1 attendance and I can't be doing with all this process again. To be honest it is the last thing on my mind, but just for re assurance.
Many thanks
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Bervement leave
-
picture123
- Posts: 121
- Joined: 22 Oct 2014, 20:42
- Gender: Male
Bervement leave
You're entitled to a week for immediate family member or spouse/partner
-
therailway
- Posts: 100
- Joined: 20 Feb 2009, 11:37
- Gender: Male
Bervement leave
Sorry for your loss. Use this link for Special Leave Policy,
http://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/mrm/Time ... ummary.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
to be fair to RM when I lost my wife to cancer they treated me very well.
http://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/mrm/Time ... ummary.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
to be fair to RM when I lost my wife to cancer they treated me very well.
-
Kirsty952002
- Posts: 26
- Joined: 03 Sep 2016, 11:47
- Gender: Female
Bervement leave
Thank you guys, that has helped. I lost my dad to advance prostate cancer.
Appreciated
Appreciated
-
greengiant
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1268
- Joined: 24 Mar 2014, 19:40
- Gender: Male
Bervement leave
Sorry for your loss, Kirsty.
I lost my father suddenly last year, just as I was about to go on annual leave. So the first of my three weeks summer leave ended up being bereavement leave, and I got the week credited back
I was glad of the two weeks leave though after the bereavement leave , as due my father passing prior to the may bank holiday, it took a long time to get things organised for the funeral (post mortem due to sudden death delayed due to bank holidays etc, then organising funeral etc)
Sorry again for your loss, and I hope the things which need to be organised go smoothly.
I lost my father suddenly last year, just as I was about to go on annual leave. So the first of my three weeks summer leave ended up being bereavement leave, and I got the week credited back
I was glad of the two weeks leave though after the bereavement leave , as due my father passing prior to the may bank holiday, it took a long time to get things organised for the funeral (post mortem due to sudden death delayed due to bank holidays etc, then organising funeral etc)
Sorry again for your loss, and I hope the things which need to be organised go smoothly.
-
peshwaarinaan
- Posts: 381
- Joined: 29 May 2015, 11:35
- Gender: Female
Bervement leave
Sorry for your loss Kirsty x
-
lightningpostman
- Posts: 271
- Joined: 22 Apr 2015, 20:54
- Gender: Male
Bervement leave
how about a fellow postie or your P&l partner?picture123 wrote:You're entitled to a week for immediate family member or spouse/partner
-
Reo
- Posts: 9
- Joined: 08 Aug 2013, 15:15
- Gender: Male
Bervement leave
Sorry for your loss , my mum died in January and I have been off since , you get a week from Royal Mail but if you don't feel you can go back just yet go see your doctor and get a note , no one can tell you how long it takes to feel ready to return , just cover yourself with a doctors note xx