ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Attendance review 1
-
Decpassat06
- Posts: 65
- Joined: 29 Aug 2016, 22:16
- Gender: Male
Attendance review 1
Just wondering what to expect? I was off with stomach flu for a day (or whatever you want to call it) then 2 weeks later I was off for a day with a cold type flu.... I'm on a temp contract at the moment just wondering how much this will effect my chances of getting a permanent contract and what to expect from the interview
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72733
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Attendance review 1
Decpassat06 wrote:Just wondering what to expect? I was off with stomach flu for a day (or whatever you want to call it) then 2 weeks later I was off for a day with a cold type flu.... I'm on a temp contract at the moment just wondering how much this will effect my chances of getting a permanent contract and what to expect from the interview
Interview - If in the Union get Rep involved.
The interview is usually low key for a stage 1, how are you, any underlying medical problems, any concerns, can you do a full duty etc.
You sign some paperwork and are given some as well. It tells what the standards are.
It shouldn't affect you getting a permanent contract. I got a stage 1 after 8 continuous days sick from a sprained ankle - 13 years later I am still here.
The one thing it may do is extend your trial period as you can't come of it whilst still on a stage.
Remember 6 months with no sickness and you are off the procedure. But if you go sick in the next 2 months you go to a stage 2. Page 10 http://www.cwu.org/assets/cwu/legacy-as ... nce_Pr.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Interview - If in the Union get Rep involved.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
Destiny
- Posts: 200
- Joined: 29 Dec 2010, 10:18
- Gender: Male
- Location: North
Attendance review 1
Rep says to Dom. "Benefit of doubt, we all suffer sickness at times. They are a good worker. It's in everyone's interest to extend trial period"
No biggy really as they have invested considerably already in you. But be aware of the standards, quickly.
No biggy really as they have invested considerably already in you. But be aware of the standards, quickly.
-
Decpassat06
- Posts: 65
- Joined: 29 Aug 2016, 22:16
- Gender: Male
Attendance review 1
Thanks for the info true blue terrier, I've been there 4 months contract ends in 8 weeks or so, so they can't give me a permanent contract whilst on a stage 1? Thanks againTrueBlueTerrier wrote:Decpassat06 wrote:Just wondering what to expect? I was off with stomach flu for a day (or whatever you want to call it) then 2 weeks later I was off for a day with a cold type flu.... I'm on a temp contract at the moment just wondering how much this will effect my chances of getting a permanent contract and what to expect from the interview
Interview - If in the Union get Rep involved.
The interview is usually low key for a stage 1, how are you, any underlying medical problems, any concerns, can you do a full duty etc.
You sign some paperwork and are given some as well. It tells what the standards are.
It shouldn't affect you getting a permanent contract. I got a stage 1 after 8 continuous days sick from a sprained ankle - 13 years later I am still here.
The one thing it may do is extend your trial period as you can't come of it whilst still on a stage.
Remember 6 months with no sickness and you are off the procedure. But if you go sick in the next 2 months you go to a stage 2. Page 10 http://www.cwu.org/assets/cwu/legacy-as ... nce_Pr.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Interview - If in the Union get Rep involved.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72733
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Attendance review 1
No, they can give you a permanent contract if they wish, though most seem to change around the 2-year point rather than 6 months.
What it means is that you won't come of the trial period (was 12 months when I started) until you clear the stage. If the trial period is 6 months, they may extend it till you come off the stage, it may also mean a delay to the increase in pay due at 6 and 12 months.
What it means is that you won't come of the trial period (was 12 months when I started) until you clear the stage. If the trial period is 6 months, they may extend it till you come off the stage, it may also mean a delay to the increase in pay due at 6 and 12 months.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
Decpassat06
- Posts: 65
- Joined: 29 Aug 2016, 22:16
- Gender: Male
Attendance review 1
Pretty costly sick day all in all, just hope I haven't messed it up for myself as I was to ill to attend and there was nothing I could of done otherwiseTrueBlueTerrier wrote:No, they can give you a permanent contract if they wish, though most seem to change around the 2-year point rather than 6 months.
What it means is that you won't come of the trial period (was 12 months when I started) until you clear the stage. If the trial period is 6 months, they may extend it till you come off the stage, it may also mean a delay to the increase in pay due at 6 and 12 months.