I've been on success factors ands there are three jobs I'm Interested in applying for. They are in G1-4 DO, G41/42 and G5 DO, and also G21/22. Being from a rural town. With the delivery office Being a shambles to be honest, I would imagine it can't get any worse but I could be wrong. Just wondering if anybody works or has worked in these DOs before and can tell me what it is like to work in, overtimee situation and so on. Also the difference between working in the city vs working in a rural town for royal mail. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Looking to transfer to Glasgow
-
malkmus
- Posts: 23
- Joined: 11 Jan 2017, 18:45
- Gender: Male
Looking to transfer to Glasgow
I a
Last edited by malkmus on 21 Aug 2017, 06:17, edited 1 time in total.
-
Creditshampoo
- Posts: 1189
- Joined: 06 Oct 2014, 19:48
- Gender: Male
Looking to transfer to Glasgow
What's the odds keeping contract hours the same when you transfer now that's the question
-
joemck
- Posts: 8
- Joined: 04 Sep 2014, 17:44
- Gender: Male
Looking to transfer to Glasgow
Most of the contracts I'm seeing are 25-30 hours per week. As I'm on a 25 looks like it will be pretty easy to get up to 30 from jobs I've seen come up
-
ej88
- Posts: 25
- Joined: 22 Nov 2015, 00:20
- Gender: Female
Looking to transfer to Glasgow
Iv worked in the g1-4 depot when i first started. Big turnover of staff when i was there. I get email's every couple of months saying they are looking for staff. Take from that what you will :)
-
Scotland1990
- Posts: 62
- Joined: 12 Sep 2016, 15:41
- Gender: Male
Looking to transfer to Glasgow
How long do you have to be in royal mail before asking for a transfer? Also who do you ask?
-
South_London_Postie
- Posts: 306
- Joined: 18 Nov 2016, 19:58
- Gender: Male
Looking to transfer to Glasgow
I remember seeing a document in my welcome pack stating you need to have done 6 months service before you can transfer. I don't know how strict they are on that though.
-
clashcityrocker
- Posts: 16700
- Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: strummerville
Looking to transfer to Glasgow
It may be that you will be doing a much longer delivery for those extra hours.joemck wrote:Most of the contracts I'm seeing are 25-30 hours per week. As I'm on a 25 looks like it will be pretty easy to get up to 30 from jobs I've seen come up
I believe some deliveries in the G postcode area a re now well in excess of 4 hours.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
-
joemck
- Posts: 8
- Joined: 04 Sep 2014, 17:44
- Gender: Male
Looking to transfer to Glasgow
We are on four and a half at least where I am haha