ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Transferring offices via Success Factor question.

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
hewittinspain
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 266
Joined: 20 May 2013, 21:24
Gender: Male

Transferring offices via Success Factor question.

Post by hewittinspain »

Do I need to still upload an up to date CV via this site if im putting in a request to transfer? Ive searched the office I want to trnsfer to and my details (inc pay number) has come up but there is an option to attach a CV.
Dantheunit
Posts: 40
Joined: 02 Aug 2016, 10:11
Gender: Male

Transferring offices via Success Factor question.

Post by Dantheunit »

I'm not 100% sure about how management hr process these things. But honestly it doesn't matter too much, however the manager at the office will probably won't even bother looking at it. The only situation it may matter in is if two internal applicants apply for for the same vacancy.

Having transfered myself the sucess factors route is pretty painless it took HR 4 days to get back to me, then they gave my manager and the manager of my new office 29 days to transfer me.

Good Luck!
hewittinspain
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 266
Joined: 20 May 2013, 21:24
Gender: Male

Transferring offices via Success Factor question.

Post by hewittinspain »

Thank you. It would seem strange that I would need to send a CV via the online portal considering i'm already employed by Royal Mail. I don't know whether to send it without a CV as I don't have one prepared.
South_London_Postie
Posts: 306
Joined: 18 Nov 2016, 19:58
Gender: Male

Transferring offices via Success Factor question.

Post by South_London_Postie »

Don't waste your energy mate. It won't even get looked at.
hewittinspain
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 266
Joined: 20 May 2013, 21:24
Gender: Male

Transferring offices via Success Factor question.

Post by hewittinspain »

Thankyou.
hewittinspain
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 266
Joined: 20 May 2013, 21:24
Gender: Male

Transferring offices via Success Factor question.

Post by hewittinspain »

South_London_Postie wrote:Don't waste your energy mate. It won't even get looked at.
Would I need to speak to my DOM before transferring online?
Dantheunit
Posts: 40
Joined: 02 Aug 2016, 10:11
Gender: Male

Transferring offices via Success Factor question.

Post by Dantheunit »

NO! Hr deals with it, HR then email your manager and give them a time frame in which to organise a transfer with your new manager.
hewittinspain
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 266
Joined: 20 May 2013, 21:24
Gender: Male

Transferring offices via Success Factor question.

Post by hewittinspain »

Applied!! :Very Happy I presume i will also be honoured with a new contract with more hours? Im on 25hrs now and the new DO is 31 hrs?
Creditshampoo
Posts: 1189
Joined: 06 Oct 2014, 19:48
Gender: Male

Transferring offices via Success Factor question.

Post by Creditshampoo »

Where abouts is the option in success factors? Guessing you must find a vacancy and click transfer?
postiewhite
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 619
Joined: 23 Jul 2013, 18:38
Gender: Male

Transferring offices via Success Factor question.

Post by postiewhite »

Creditshampoo wrote:Where abouts is the option in success factors? Guessing you must find a vacancy and click transfer?
Its a job search inside that site I would guess.
Last edited by postiewhite on 19 Feb 2017, 09:37, edited 2 times in total.