ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Under paid
-
Clared
- Posts: 122
- Joined: 08 Jul 2016, 12:18
- Gender: Female
Under paid
I have been working on n off at another office recently. The last 2 weeks I haven't been paid for any of my OT from that office. When I asked them they said that they had e-mailed it to my own office & it should have been added to my wage but it hasn't. I haven't been able to get back to my office because no one answers the phone or there's no one into talk to when I get back. Thinking the longer I leave it the harder it will take to claim it back. Not sure what to do..... Any ideas ?
-
rubberbond
- Posts: 1497
- Joined: 24 Aug 2014, 16:03
- Gender: Male
Under paid
If you start at your start time, at your office,you will be able to collar someone to sort it out for you. Ringing them is a waste of time, I've yet to work in a delivery office where they answer the phone.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72733
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Under paid
As Rubberbond says don't leave your office till you have seen the manager, its a reasonable action to take.
But if you know your managers name, and its not too common then you could always email them firstname.lastname@royalmail.com replace as appropriate.
But if you know your managers name, and its not too common then you could always email them firstname.lastname@royalmail.com replace as appropriate.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
sussexlad
- Posts: 161
- Joined: 28 Oct 2013, 21:52
- Gender: Male
Under paid
I would bluff the office your working in at the moment and tell them your parent office has denied receiving any emails so can you see the emails so you can see who they have been sent to. I wouldn't be surprised if they had forgotten to email your parent office your o/t hours.
-
feduppostie
- Posts: 947
- Joined: 24 Jun 2007, 19:46
Under paid
did you get an HR16 filled in and signed for all your overtime at the other office?? If so post a copy of it to your office and ask them to pay it - if not make sure you do
you can keep the original and give the office you are working at has a copy so there is no confusion over what you are due to be paid and if it is signed it is authorised
Standard procedure in our office and solves a lot of problems
you can keep the original and give the office you are working at has a copy so there is no confusion over what you are due to be paid and if it is signed it is authorised
Standard procedure in our office and solves a lot of problems
-
Clared
- Posts: 122
- Joined: 08 Jul 2016, 12:18
- Gender: Female
Under paid
Nope didn't get 1 of those but I will next ask for 1 when I go back from A/Lfeduppostie wrote:did you get an HR16 filled in and signed for all your overtime at the other office?? If so post a copy of it to your office and ask them to pay it - if not make sure you do
you can keep the original and give the office you are working at has a copy so there is no confusion over what you are due to be paid and if it is signed it is authorised
Standard procedure in our office and solves a lot of problems
-
Clared
- Posts: 122
- Joined: 08 Jul 2016, 12:18
- Gender: Female
Under paid
That's the problem I don't seem to be at my own office to be able to do that.
rubberbond wrote:If you start at your start time, at your office,you will be able to collar someone to sort it out for you. Ringing them is a waste of time, I've yet to work in a delivery office where they answer the phone.