ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
torn calf muscle
-
woking
- Posts: 64
- Joined: 13 Oct 2015, 15:23
- Gender: Male
- Location: wokingham
torn calf muscle
just looking for info on here please as I can't get to the doctor till Thursday.was in the hospital yesterday & now I'm on crutches with a torn calf muscle & want to get back to work asap but was wondering if anyone on here has had this happen & how long it takes to heal?
-
Creditshampoo
- Posts: 1189
- Joined: 06 Oct 2014, 19:48
- Gender: Male
torn calf muscle
Depends what grade tear it is.
Mine took 4 months but a friend also had one and recovery took 3 weeks
Mine took 4 months but a friend also had one and recovery took 3 weeks
-
buzzboy
- Posts: 27
- Joined: 13 Nov 2012, 10:44
- Gender: Male
torn calf muscle
I tore mine runing up the stairs at home and I actually heard it go *ripp* , it hurt like hell and was hobbling around for two weeks (flat footed on the bad leg) . Muscle normally heals without any lasting symptom its just really painful . Are you sure its muscle and not a ligament tear ? that can be permanent damage .
-
borgpicard
- Posts: 486
- Joined: 05 May 2011, 22:45
- Gender: Male
torn calf muscle
Dont let them rush you back, only come back when you feel ready too.
-
Mobey
- Posts: 291
- Joined: 26 Jul 2016, 11:54
- Gender: Male
torn calf muscle
Your recovery depends if you were wearing RM footwear or not! 
-
Darren Bent
- Posts: 2150
- Joined: 05 Oct 2007, 15:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: Pride Park, Derby, DE24 8XL
torn calf muscle
http://physioworks.com.au/injuries-cond ... scle-tears" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Might give you an idea
Might give you an idea
-
woking
- Posts: 64
- Joined: 13 Oct 2015, 15:23
- Gender: Male
- Location: wokingham
torn calf muscle
yes i had Magnums on it was only my 5th day wearing them as they are new & I'd been having problems with them from day 1 as they make me walk weirdMobey wrote:Your recovery depends if you were wearing RM footwear or not!
-
woking
- Posts: 64
- Joined: 13 Oct 2015, 15:23
- Gender: Male
- Location: wokingham
torn calf muscle
i felt it rip inside my calf all the way from top to bottom,hospital examined it & said it was a muscle rip & packed me off with crutches.buzzboy wrote:I tore mine runing up the stairs at home and I actually heard it go *ripp* , it hurt like hell and was hobbling around for two weeks (flat footed on the bad leg) . Muscle normally heals without any lasting symptom its just really painful . Are you sure its muscle and not a ligament tear ? that can be permanent damage .
-
Shaders
- Posts: 218
- Joined: 22 Jun 2010, 07:47
- Gender: Male
- Location: Oop North
torn calf muscle
Make sure you are fully fit before returning to delivery, the last thing you want is some permenant weakness long after RM have sailed you down the river, because they will trust me.
-
iHateD2Ds
- Posts: 548
- Joined: 16 Apr 2008, 16:33
torn calf muscle
Get a sick not from your GP and when you think you are ready for physio etc ask you manager for a referral to OH Assist.
Do not let them rush you back it's your leg not theirs.
Do not let them rush you back it's your leg not theirs.
-
woking
- Posts: 64
- Joined: 13 Oct 2015, 15:23
- Gender: Male
- Location: wokingham
torn calf muscle
I've had to self cert for a week until I get to see a doctor.went in work today to update Dom on situation & Dom said I was meant to be back tomorrow,impossible I said as I can't walk properly,I was then informed that I would be put down as 2 separate sicknesses,half a day for the day it happened & another from tomorrow.I hurt my leg on 14th so how can it be said it's 2 sicknesses in the same week.can they do this?iHateD2Ds wrote:Get a sick not from your GP and when you think you are ready for physio etc ask you manager for a referral to OH Assist.
Do not let them rush you back it's your leg not theirs.
-
South_London_Postie
- Posts: 306
- Joined: 18 Nov 2016, 19:58
- Gender: Male
torn calf muscle
What a W******. Nothing surprises me anymore with these idiots.woking wrote:I've had to self cert for a week until I get to see a doctor.went in work today to update Dom on situation & Dom said I was meant to be back tomorrow,impossible I said as I can't walk properly,I was then informed that I would be put down as 2 separate sicknesses,half a day for the day it happened & another from tomorrow.I hurt my leg on 14th so how can it be said it's 2 sicknesses in the same week.can they do this?iHateD2Ds wrote:Get a sick not from your GP and when you think you are ready for physio etc ask you manager for a referral to OH Assist.
Do not let them rush you back it's your leg not theirs.
Get a union rep involved asap.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72733
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
torn calf muscle
He is trying it on. If you remained on sick and you get a fit note from the docs to cover from the 7th day then its one period of sick. Even if it was your day off, or leave between, it doesn't change the fact that you were sick for one period.
Get a rep on it - the manager is trying to pressurise you, or they haven't been trained properly.
Get a rep on it - the manager is trying to pressurise you, or they haven't been trained properly.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
Dorset Plodder
- Posts: 4351
- Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
- Gender: Male
torn calf muscle
The bottom line is: DO NOT RETURN TO WORK UNTIL YOU ARE FULLY FIT. Your DOM sounds like a Dickhead and will probably try and get you back to work quickly, just to solve HIS manning problem. You have to consider your own situation. Don't be pressured into returning too soon, your injury will only flare up again triggering another sick absence. Good Luck. 
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)