ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Any one leaving soon

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
mjt120
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 53
Joined: 26 Oct 2015, 18:49
Gender: Male

Any one leaving soon

Post by mjt120 »

anyone thinking of leaving soon
ALADOU34
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1
Joined: 26 Aug 2013, 20:54
Gender: Male

Any one leaving soon

Post by ALADOU34 »

Already have mate best thing I ever done! :nana
Tman
Posts: 4145
Joined: 21 Oct 2007, 09:57

Any one leaving soon

Post by Tman »

mjt120 wrote:anyone thinking of leaving soon
Everyone's thinking of leaving soon....until they see the T&C's in the Big Wide World and harsh reality kicks back in.
Altrider
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 81
Joined: 12 Feb 2013, 17:29
Gender: Male

Any one leaving soon

Post by Altrider »

12 months ago today me and RM parted company. :nana :nana :nana
daveyeff
Posts: 4699
Joined: 12 Mar 2010, 19:38
Gender: Male

Any one leaving soon

Post by daveyeff »

Tman wrote:
mjt120 wrote:anyone thinking of leaving soon
Everyone's thinking of leaving soon....until they see the T&C's in the Big Wide World and harsh reality kicks back in.
must admit, filling shelves at Tesco or flipping burgers at Mcdonalds working in a garage or cutting grass for the council are a lot less appealing with s**t T&Cs. least the union got us those.
Altrider
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 81
Joined: 12 Feb 2013, 17:29
Gender: Male

Any one leaving soon

Post by Altrider »

Tman wrote:
mjt120 wrote:anyone thinking of leaving soon
Everyone's thinking of leaving soon....until they see the T&C's in the Big Wide World and harsh reality kicks back in.
True, but then I went from the real world to RM then back to the real world. I'm on same pay as RM , plus expenses now , better sick leave arrangements, better leave schedules - had seven days off over Christmas and no longer take pot-luck at the leave lotttery. OK, so no more overtime........ but no more silly o'clock starts, over-bearing linos and DIMS asking for the moon and the back, silly o'clock finishes after the stupid starts for an extra £30. If it's raining I no longer get soaked, if it's sunny I no longer get dehydrated and if it's snow I got out and p'tog it. My knees no longer hurt, my tendonitis has cleared up and the IT technology I work with now actually works. I miss my old oppos (still working in same patch so still see them around) - but don't miss the job.
A2B
Posts: 2029
Joined: 25 Feb 2009, 19:34
Gender: Male

Any one leaving soon

Post by A2B »

Hate the job some days but it's still the best one i've had :thumbup but not sure how much longer that's going to be the case :thumbdown
Northblue82
Posts: 26
Joined: 28 Sep 2015, 19:01
Gender: Male

Any one leaving soon

Post by Northblue82 »

Have a few job applications in, so hopefully hear something from them and leave RM.
smok3y666
Posts: 753
Joined: 21 Dec 2008, 10:47
Gender: Male

Any one leaving soon

Post by smok3y666 »

Nearly 9 years with Parcelforce and wanted a change. 1 month with Royal Mail and already looking to leave, checking jobs websites daily. Just 1 balls up after the other.
spiffy
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 7
Joined: 04 May 2015, 16:44
Gender: Male

Any one leaving soon

Post by spiffy »

I was 9 years as a courier with DHL/YODEL and also fancied a change and joined RM. I lasted 7 months and left for a delivery driver job with a healthcare company.
9-5pm, monday - friday (no saturdays) and for much better money. Never been happier.
YODEL may have a crap reputation but they are a far better company to work for with better conditions and better organisation. I found Royal Mail to be a shambles and I'm glad to be out of it.
Morayman
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 8
Joined: 30 Mar 2011, 14:19
Gender: Male

Any one leaving soon

Post by Morayman »

Leaving next month for SSE fitting smart meters.
malcolm3011
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 303
Joined: 05 Aug 2010, 18:42
Gender: Male

Any one leaving soon

Post by malcolm3011 »

Left RM nearly 2 years ago with VR, never been happier, feel more relaxed and healthy and no aching muscles, i will say i do miss the banter with my old work colleagues but keep in touch with a few of them to hear there moans and groans :nana :nana :nana
buzzboy
Posts: 27
Joined: 13 Nov 2012, 10:44
Gender: Male

Any one leaving soon

Post by buzzboy »

Altrider wrote:12 months ago today me and RM parted company. :nana :nana :nana
And still posting on here?! :shock:
postman nel
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 122
Joined: 24 Apr 2013, 15:31
Gender: Male

Any one leaving soon

Post by postman nel »

Tman wrote:
mjt120 wrote:anyone thinking of leaving soon
Everyone's thinking of leaving soon....until they see the T&C's in the Big Wide World and harsh reality kicks back in.
Left through IHR 4 years ago ... ..I'm now a supervisor with company car ,more pay ,Monday-Friday's ,pension ,sick pay ,holiday leave when I want,2 weeks off Christmas,no more back ,knee ,feet pain.,watch TV after 10pm ...the big bad world isn't as bad as its made out to be..however I do miss my free stamps though :chuckle
daveyeff
Posts: 4699
Joined: 12 Mar 2010, 19:38
Gender: Male

Any one leaving soon

Post by daveyeff »

everybody seems to say that when they get another job.....much better wages etc :hmmmm