ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Left over leave
-
Williamleeds
- Posts: 12
- Joined: 26 Mar 2015, 22:16
- Gender: Male
Left over leave
I've 10 days left unassigned to take before April .Ive been told very unlikely getting it before April ,how's it roll over etc & am I entitled to demand it within the 2016-2017 period?
-
Darren Bent
- Posts: 2150
- Joined: 05 Oct 2007, 15:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: Pride Park, Derby, DE24 8XL
Left over leave
It will be carried over in next financial year but I think only 5 days. But again it is down to Dom's discretion. Don't know if you can demand time off that easily as you will have to get union rep involved.
-
aiden01
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 7001
- Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
- Gender: Male
Left over leave
All days will be carried over they cannot just take your leave off you.Darren Bent wrote:It will be carried over in next financial year but I think only 5 days. But again it is down to Dom's discretion. Don't know if you can demand time off that easily as you will have to get union rep involved.
-
yorkmover123
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 111
- Joined: 06 Oct 2013, 19:57
- Gender: Female
Left over leave
its 5 day only but if you been on long term sick you can carry more than 5 days hope this helps you.
-
sussexlad
- Posts: 161
- Joined: 28 Oct 2013, 21:52
- Gender: Male
Left over leave
But if you willing to take your leave before the end of the leave year but the DOM cannot fit it in then i would be asking that all of it gets rolled over until next year because it's not your fault. Maybe your rep needs to speak to the DOM about the leave ceiling if there are problems with people fiting in their leave entitlement.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72733
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Left over leave
1. Do you buy extra leave.
2. Have you been long term sick.
If 1 is No then at least a majority of the 10 days will be statutory leave and whilst they can tell you when to take it, it must be within the current leave year - thats the law.
If 2 is yes then you an automatic right to carry forward any leave you have been unable to take. http://www.acas.org.uk/index.aspx?articleid=3868" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
In RM you automatically carry forward 5 days, anything over should be applied for in writing. A guess a grievance is a form of application in writing.
My advice - contact a rep and get them to help sort it, at least you'll have a witness. Also I would be asking for a guarantee that you WILL be able to take ALL of next years leave, plus this years carry over. Otherwise you could be having this happen for years to come. (as has happened in numerous offices)
2. Have you been long term sick.
If 1 is No then at least a majority of the 10 days will be statutory leave and whilst they can tell you when to take it, it must be within the current leave year - thats the law.
If 2 is yes then you an automatic right to carry forward any leave you have been unable to take. http://www.acas.org.uk/index.aspx?articleid=3868" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
In RM you automatically carry forward 5 days, anything over should be applied for in writing. A guess a grievance is a form of application in writing.
My advice - contact a rep and get them to help sort it, at least you'll have a witness. Also I would be asking for a guarantee that you WILL be able to take ALL of next years leave, plus this years carry over. Otherwise you could be having this happen for years to come. (as has happened in numerous offices)
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
koolishy67
- Posts: 665
- Joined: 04 Nov 2010, 21:02
- Gender: Male
Left over leave
My 11days carried over just make sure get annual leave card print out and keep.safe
-
Williamleeds
- Posts: 12
- Joined: 26 Mar 2015, 22:16
- Gender: Male
Left over leave
Thanks for the replies
I didn't buy any leave but was on a sabbatical from March-Aug & was on sick for approximately one month at the end of last year.
On another issue (I may post seperatly)whilst off my leave for 2017-2018 was allocated in my absence.Not so bothered but don't have a 2 week block until October & would like to add a week on to a week they allocated me in April 2017 as I'm planning a trip to Thailand around then & a week isn't sufficient.Would I be in my rights to ask for my roll over leave be added to this?
Thanks
I didn't buy any leave but was on a sabbatical from March-Aug & was on sick for approximately one month at the end of last year.
On another issue (I may post seperatly)whilst off my leave for 2017-2018 was allocated in my absence.Not so bothered but don't have a 2 week block until October & would like to add a week on to a week they allocated me in April 2017 as I'm planning a trip to Thailand around then & a week isn't sufficient.Would I be in my rights to ask for my roll over leave be added to this?
Thanks
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72733
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Left over leave
You have a right to ask, they don't have to grant it though.Williamleeds wrote:Thanks for the replies
I didn't buy any leave but was on a sabbatical from March-Aug & was on sick for approximately one month at the end of last year.
On another issue (I may post seperatly)whilst off my leave for 2017-2018 was allocated in my absence.Not so bothered but don't have a 2 week block until October & would like to add a week on to a week they allocated me in April 2017 as I'm planning a trip to Thailand around then & a week isn't sufficient.Would I be in my rights to ask for my roll over leave be added to this?
Thanks
You say you have 10 days left and were on a sabbatical for 5 months of the leave year. This would suggest that almost all of the amount left over could be Statutory. However, its is complicated with RM so if you want to push it further I'd suggest getting an experienced Area Reps advice.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.