ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
And just when I thought it couldn't get any worse.....
-
Decpassat06
- Posts: 65
- Joined: 29 Aug 2016, 22:16
- Gender: Male
And just when I thought it couldn't get any worse.....
Hello all, for those who have read my previous thread you will know by now I'm having a hard time with some certain postman. However I was off I'll yesterday and I had to call my manager today to tell him I'll be back at work tomorrow, during the phone call he explained how there's an issue with me..... on 2 dutys that I did last week there was Mail left on 2 property's cars windscreen wipers on the days I was on them, 2 completely separate dutys but the same dutys I've been having my troubles with. I have NEVER left any Mail on windscreen wipers, but the manager says they called to complain and it was on the day I did the dutys? Thing that I find worrying it's 2 different dutys, so can't even be a mistake.... what do I do? I feel like someone is trying to get me the sack now....
-
WOBBLY
- Posts: 362
- Joined: 27 Apr 2012, 13:19
- Gender: Male
And just when I thought it couldn't get any worse.....
If you didn't do it, don't worry! Just tell the truth, be sure to get the union rep onto it straight away!!Decpassat06 wrote:Hello all, for those who have read my previous thread you will know by now I'm having a hard time with some certain postman. However I was off I'll yesterday and I had to call my manager today to tell him I'll be back at work tomorrow, during the phone call he explained how there's an issue with me..... on 2 dutys that I did last week there was Mail left on 2 property's cars windscreen wipers on the days I was on them, 2 completely separate dutys but the same dutys I've been having my troubles with. I have NEVER left any Mail on windscreen wipers, but the manager says they called to complain and it was on the day I did the dutys? Thing that I find worrying it's 2 different dutys, so can't even be a mistake.... what do I do? I feel like someone is trying to get me the sack now....
-
rehabron
- Posts: 1372
- Joined: 01 Jul 2012, 18:43
- Gender: Male
And just when I thought it couldn't get any worse.....
This will commence as a fact-finding meeting to establish the facts and if the matter is to proceed further so I strongly suggest that you are accompanied at this meeting by your union representative. You were off sick yesterday (1 day?) and these alleged complaints were from the duties covered by you last week although you have not specified the exact days that the mail is supposed to be left on the property's cars. Assuming that you worked Mon/Tues/Wed of this week why were you not advised of these complaints then when at work ? Should this proceed further you will request to see the statements from the 2 householders prior to the disciplinary meeting if it unfortunately goes there. I would be suspicious if mail is left in the exact same location on separate duties covered by you on different days. Why was the householder's L/B not used ?Decpassat06 wrote:Hello all, for those who have read my previous thread you will know by now I'm having a hard time with some certain postman. However I was off I'll yesterday and I had to call my manager today to tell him I'll be back at work tomorrow, during the phone call he explained how there's an issue with me..... on 2 dutys that I did last week there was Mail left on 2 property's cars windscreen wipers on the days I was on them, 2 completely separate dutys but the same dutys I've been having my troubles with. I have NEVER left any Mail on windscreen wipers, but the manager says they called to complain and it was on the day I did the dutys? Thing that I find worrying it's 2 different dutys, so can't even be a mistake.... what do I do? I feel like someone is trying to get me the sack now....
-
Pompey Boy
- Posts: 428
- Joined: 14 Jul 2009, 22:30
- Gender: Male
And just when I thought it couldn't get any worse.....
Stinks doesn't it? If you can be 100% sure that you didn't leave the mail, which I know is difficult, then the mail must have been "planted" by a guvnor or a postie or the story has been made up. It may even involve the customers, who may be mates of the guvnor or postie. Either way IMHO it's a job for the IB and hopefully those involved will be sacked. Contact them and tell them the situation. DO NOT TELL ANYONE ELSE THAT YOU HAVE DONE THIS - NOT EVEN THE UNION REP.
Good luck
Good luck
How much worse can it get? A LOT F****** WORSE !!!
-
Decpassat06
- Posts: 65
- Joined: 29 Aug 2016, 22:16
- Gender: Male
And just when I thought it couldn't get any worse.....
Yes I was off sick yesterday for 1 day, I have been off today as its my normal day off. I do not no the exact days where the mail was allegedly put on the cars as the manager did no say when, he simply said there has been a complaint a customer called in, after he finished with that he said also another person called in to complain about the same thing apart from on a different duty. And asks for the letter box not being used, one of the propertys is a buisness with no letter box, the last time I was on that duty (saturday) they are closed so the mail for them was left at the depot, the time before that if my memory serves me right, there wasnt anything in for them. The second property is a private dwelling however it is the only house on the street where the letter box is to the rear of the property, hidden away in the corner of the fence, you post mail to that house when you come down the rear of the street (whilst you are doing the street behind it). I could understand a new guy on that duty doing this with the latter box being hidden, but on 2 separate dutys? on the day I was on them? dosent make sense.rehabron wrote:This will commence as a fact-finding meeting to establish the facts and if the matter is to proceed further so I strongly suggest that you are accompanied at this meeting by your union representative. You were off sick yesterday (1 day?) and these alleged complaints were from the duties covered by you last week although you have not specified the exact days that the mail is supposed to be left on the property's cars. Assuming that you worked Mon/Tues/Wed of this week why were you not advised of these complaints then when at work ? Should this proceed further you will request to see the statements from the 2 householders prior to the disciplinary meeting if it unfortunately goes there. I would be suspicious if mail is left in the exact same location on separate duties covered by you on different days. Why was the householder's L/B not used ?Decpassat06 wrote:Hello all, for those who have read my previous thread you will know by now I'm having a hard time with some certain postman. However I was off I'll yesterday and I had to call my manager today to tell him I'll be back at work tomorrow, during the phone call he explained how there's an issue with me..... on 2 dutys that I did last week there was Mail left on 2 property's cars windscreen wipers on the days I was on them, 2 completely separate dutys but the same dutys I've been having my troubles with. I have NEVER left any Mail on windscreen wipers, but the manager says they called to complain and it was on the day I did the dutys? Thing that I find worrying it's 2 different dutys, so can't even be a mistake.... what do I do? I feel like someone is trying to get me the sack now....
-
Decpassat06
- Posts: 65
- Joined: 29 Aug 2016, 22:16
- Gender: Male
And just when I thought it couldn't get any worse.....
Thank you for your reply. I am 100 million percent positive that I did not put the mail under the wipers of a car, nor have I ever done this. ever. The letter box to the property in question is to the rear of the house, and I know of this as this is the one thing I did get taught when I first started doing the duty. The other is a business property on a different duty which has no letter box, however they are closed on a Saturday which was the last time i was on that duty, and we leave the mail for them in the depot + I was on that duty for the past 2 whole weeks and knowone else, until Saturday which was my last day, then the girl who is normally on it came back of anual leave, she wouldnt do a thing like that shes been a postwoman for years and been on that duty years..... so theres only ever been 2 postal workers on that duty, me (which it definitely was not) and the normal postman who has been doing it for years and cant see her doing it either.......Pompey Boy wrote:Stinks doesn't it? If you can be 100% sure that you didn't leave the mail, which I know is difficult, then the mail must have been "planted" by a guvnor or a postie or the story has been made up. It may even involve the customers, who may be mates of the guvnor or postie. Either way IMHO it's a job for the IB and hopefully those involved will be sacked. Contact them and tell them the situation. DO NOT TELL ANYONE ELSE THAT YOU HAVE DONE THIS - NOT EVEN THE UNION REP.
Good luck
-
rehabron
- Posts: 1372
- Joined: 01 Jul 2012, 18:43
- Gender: Male
And just when I thought it couldn't get any worse.....
You have just supplied an adequate explanation
-
Decpassat06
- Posts: 65
- Joined: 29 Aug 2016, 22:16
- Gender: Male
And just when I thought it couldn't get any worse.....
For what? It doesn't explain why it's been reported as me leaving the Mail?rehabron wrote:You have just supplied an adequate explanation
-
rehabron
- Posts: 1372
- Joined: 01 Jul 2012, 18:43
- Gender: Male
And just when I thought it couldn't get any worse.....
At this time until the fact finding uncovers further information giving the exact days that mail was left at both locations it has yet to be fully established that you have been reported for leaving this mail and you will want to see written copies of the complaints. You have clearly identified the access route that needs to be taken in order to locate the hidden L/B location at the household which others may not be aware of including your manager. You have also mentioned that with regards to the other property that mail for this on a Saturday is held at the depot and this would prove interesting if the complaint is having their mail left on a Saturday as this has not been clarified at this moment in time. The interviewer at the fact-finding will attempt to try and catch you out but you have an advantage over the manager with the knowledge of the duties that you have stated and with assistance from a good experienced union rep will be fully prepared for the questions being asked. The first to come to mind is that FF meetings should be taking place within 24/48 hours of the complaint so you want to know why it has taken them so long to notify you. You have obviously delivered to this household with the L/B hidden at the rear and been advised of this so you would have no reason to leave mail on windscreen wipers. Return the suspicion back to the line manager.Decpassat06 wrote:For what? It doesn't explain why it's been reported as me leaving the Mail?rehabron wrote:You have just supplied an adequate explanation
Would appreciate if you could let us know the outcome of this.
-
Postie45
- Posts: 2160
- Joined: 21 Aug 2012, 23:05
- Gender: Male
And just when I thought it couldn't get any worse.....
is it definitely mail being left ? people phone in to royal mail to complain about leaflets being delivered which were actually delivered by another company.
-
Newbie001
- Posts: 474
- Joined: 30 May 2014, 17:29
- Gender: Male
And just when I thought it couldn't get any worse.....
Could be missorts. Quite a few people will try to deliver them. And if letterbox is hidden then would be good place to leave them. After all, do you even know what car they have.
-
Decpassat06
- Posts: 65
- Joined: 29 Aug 2016, 22:16
- Gender: Male
And just when I thought it couldn't get any worse.....
I have a funny feeling this is going to be the end of it, I don't think any official meetings will take place however I will find out tomorrow. I will keep you posted and post in this thread tomorrow of any outcome of any meeting if any are held.rehabron wrote:At this time until the fact finding uncovers further information giving the exact days that mail was left at both locations it has yet to be fully established that you have been reported for leaving this mail and you will want to see written copies of the complaints. You have clearly identified the access route that needs to be taken in order to locate the hidden L/B location at the household which others may not be aware of including your manager. You have also mentioned that with regards to the other property that mail for this on a Saturday is held at the depot and this would prove interesting if the complaint is having their mail left on a Saturday as this has not been clarified at this moment in time. The interviewer at the fact-finding will attempt to try and catch you out but you have an advantage over the manager with the knowledge of the duties that you have stated and with assistance from a good experienced union rep will be fully prepared for the questions being asked. The first to come to mind is that FF meetings should be taking place within 24/48 hours of the complaint so you want to know why it has taken them so long to notify you. You have obviously delivered to this household with the L/B hidden at the rear and been advised of this so you would have no reason to leave mail on windscreen wipers. Return the suspicion back to the line manager.Decpassat06 wrote:For what? It doesn't explain why it's been reported as me leaving the Mail?rehabron wrote:You have just supplied an adequate explanation
Would appreciate if you could let us know the outcome of this.
-
Decpassat06
- Posts: 65
- Joined: 29 Aug 2016, 22:16
- Gender: Male
And just when I thought it couldn't get any worse.....
Maybe, but its abit convenient that both complaints where made by 2 propertys on 2 dutys that I doPostie45 wrote:is it definitely mail being left ? people phone in to royal mail to complain about leaflets being delivered which were actually delivered by another company.
-
Decpassat06
- Posts: 65
- Joined: 29 Aug 2016, 22:16
- Gender: Male
And just when I thought it couldn't get any worse.....
I don't at a guess their car will be parked on the main road on the inaccessible side of the property, but there's a lot of cars on that road.Newbie001 wrote:Could be missorts. Quite a few people will try to deliver them. And if letterbox is hidden then would be good place to leave them. After all, do you even know what car they have.
-
Dorset Plodder
- Posts: 4351
- Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
- Gender: Male
And just when I thought it couldn't get any worse.....
Mangers often use the "We've had a complaint from a customer...." Bullshit.
Often nothing ever comes from it, just their childish mentality, trying to wind up someone who may have upset them. If nothing comes of this incident just watch your back in future, because your manager may try and drop you in the shite again. This particular incident sounds very dodgy. 
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)