ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Discount on shops and places?
-
angelcakes8791
- Posts: 23
- Joined: 02 Dec 2016, 23:15
- Gender: Female
Discount on shops and places?
As a kind of new employee do we get discount on places like shops cinemas etc? If so how does it work?
-
yellowbelly
- Posts: 3728
- Joined: 23 Jun 2015, 15:51
- Gender: Male
Discount on shops and places?
Web address below is your starting point, for shop discounts etc you will need to look into the 'Perks and Discounts'
http://www.myroyalmail.com/benefits" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
If I remember rightly I got an initial password sent through the post, or call the number given on the webpage.
http://www.myroyalmail.com/benefits" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
If I remember rightly I got an initial password sent through the post, or call the number given on the webpage.
-
doorstepped
- Posts: 1063
- Joined: 10 Oct 2011, 23:17
- Gender: Male
- Location: Somewhere west of London
Discount on shops and places?
get down to your local Costco with a wage slip or two.
£35 a year ( for a couple inc vat ) and get your staples in bulk cheaper than the shop.
£35 a year ( for a couple inc vat ) and get your staples in bulk cheaper than the shop.
-
angelcakes8791
- Posts: 23
- Joined: 02 Dec 2016, 23:15
- Gender: Female
Discount on shops and places?
Thank you
Do they do cinema discounts?
-
Justanotherstar
- Posts: 351
- Joined: 28 Dec 2012, 10:43
- Gender: Male
Discount on shops and places?
Saved around £200 on my holiday thanks to my bundle 
-
britwrit
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 967
- Joined: 22 Apr 2007, 15:12
Discount on shops and places?
Free admission to English Heritage sites. They'll usually let someone in with you as well.
It's not a big deal but if you're into local history.... or have guests from out of town popping up, it saves you some dosh.
It's not a big deal but if you're into local history.... or have guests from out of town popping up, it saves you some dosh.
-
cobrakai
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 320
- Joined: 13 Dec 2007, 17:17
Discount on shops and places?
The best discount we get is at Apple Store online. Think it's 5%.
-
angelcakes8791
- Posts: 23
- Joined: 02 Dec 2016, 23:15
- Gender: Female
Discount on shops and places?
That's good about the holiday one
I shall be booking one in the summer
-
Robtor
- Posts: 104
- Joined: 11 Nov 2010, 11:25
- Gender: Male
Discount on shops and places?
There's plenty of useful discounts if you're organised enough to use them.
10% at Wickes (and maybe B&Q), must have saved me almost a grand this year as I've completely renovated my house with them.
7% at Currys/PC World, saved me loads on a new American fridge freezer, microwave, coffee machine etc etc
Varying but loads off cinema tickets but you need to pre-book them, no turning up and getting a discount on the door.
5% in Sainsbury's
20% in Goldsmiths! Might be very useful as I think I may need to be buying the girlfriend an expensive ring soon.
About 10% off a lot of restaurant chains.
About 10% off a lot of clothes/department stores.
Varying (sometimes loads) off holiday deals.
Again some take a bit of planning (normally you buy a gift card online at the discounted price, wait a few days until it's delivered, then use that) but it's well worth doing.
10% at Wickes (and maybe B&Q), must have saved me almost a grand this year as I've completely renovated my house with them.
7% at Currys/PC World, saved me loads on a new American fridge freezer, microwave, coffee machine etc etc
Varying but loads off cinema tickets but you need to pre-book them, no turning up and getting a discount on the door.
5% in Sainsbury's
20% in Goldsmiths! Might be very useful as I think I may need to be buying the girlfriend an expensive ring soon.
About 10% off a lot of restaurant chains.
About 10% off a lot of clothes/department stores.
Varying (sometimes loads) off holiday deals.
Again some take a bit of planning (normally you buy a gift card online at the discounted price, wait a few days until it's delivered, then use that) but it's well worth doing.
-
fb1969
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1693
- Joined: 29 Aug 2012, 08:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: hiding on the backstreets
Discount on shops and places?
Working for RM qualifies you to join Boundless - which was known as the Civil Service Motoring Association http://www.boundless.co.uk/pages/member ... conditions" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
That costs £25 a year and offers many discounts, mainly by buying vouchers. I was already a member before joining RM and this week there was an offer of 20% off the Odeon Unlimited card.
That costs £25 a year and offers many discounts, mainly by buying vouchers. I was already a member before joining RM and this week there was an offer of 20% off the Odeon Unlimited card.
Royal Mail
failing the workforce, failing the public and deliberately failing mail on a daily basis for too many years.
failing the workforce, failing the public and deliberately failing mail on a daily basis for too many years.
-
Sawfeet
- Posts: 22
- Joined: 13 Dec 2015, 12:01
- Gender: Male
Discount on shops and places?
Is there a discounts on Garmin products.
I'v locked myself out of website I'm 95% sure P/W is right!
I'v locked myself out of website I'm 95% sure P/W is right!
Too many failed login attempts.
Please try again later or contact the helpdesk.
-
leolion855
- Posts: 641
- Joined: 11 Jun 2018, 17:41
- Gender: Male
Discount on shops and places?
how do you get these discounts as i cant find them on my bundle.Robtor wrote:There's plenty of useful discounts if you're organised enough to use them.
10% at Wickes (and maybe B&Q), must have saved me almost a grand this year as I've completely renovated my house with them.
7% at Currys/PC World, saved me loads on a new American fridge freezer, microwave, coffee machine etc etc
Varying but loads off cinema tickets but you need to pre-book them, no turning up and getting a discount on the door.
5% in Sainsbury's
20% in Goldsmiths! Might be very useful as I think I may need to be buying the girlfriend an expensive ring soon.
About 10% off a lot of restaurant chains.
About 10% off a lot of clothes/department stores.
Varying (sometimes loads) off holiday deals.
Again some take a bit of planning (normally you buy a gift card online at the discounted price, wait a few days until it's delivered, then use that) but it's well worth doing.
-
yellowbelly
- Posts: 3728
- Joined: 23 Jun 2015, 15:51
- Gender: Male
Discount on shops and places?
About a month ago the discounts area was revamped and a lot of the good discounts disappeared or were reduced substantially......leolion855 wrote:how do you get these discounts as i cant find them on my bundle.Robtor wrote:There's plenty of useful discounts if you're organised enough to use them.
10% at Wickes (and maybe B&Q), must have saved me almost a grand this year as I've completely renovated my house with them.
7% at Currys/PC World, saved me loads on a new American fridge freezer, microwave, coffee machine etc etc
Varying but loads off cinema tickets but you need to pre-book them, no turning up and getting a discount on the door.
5% in Sainsbury's
20% in Goldsmiths! Might be very useful as I think I may need to be buying the girlfriend an expensive ring soon.
About 10% off a lot of restaurant chains.
About 10% off a lot of clothes/department stores.
Varying (sometimes loads) off holiday deals.
Again some take a bit of planning (normally you buy a gift card online at the discounted price, wait a few days until it's delivered, then use that) but it's well worth doing.
-
RTP
- Posts: 863
- Joined: 22 Apr 2011, 14:24
- Gender: Male
Discount on shops and places?
Lol, just like the English Heritage one that disappeared a couple of years or so ago