ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Sent to other offices
-
Clared
- Posts: 122
- Joined: 08 Jul 2016, 12:18
- Gender: Female
Sent to other offices
How many times are you expected to work at other offices ? Sounds crazy but we are short staffed at the minute so why am I being sent to another when we are short staffed ourselves.
-
greengiant
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1268
- Joined: 24 Mar 2014, 19:40
- Gender: Male
Sent to other offices
Just mention you don't have access to your own vehicle, and you need to be provided with transport to finish back at own DO for finishing time?Clared wrote:How many times are you expected to work at other offices ? Sounds crazy but we are short staffed at the minute so why am I being sent to another when we are short staffed ourselves.
I'v seen instances of someone from our DO getting sent to another office, who then send someone to cover for our lack of staff...
-
Clared
- Posts: 122
- Joined: 08 Jul 2016, 12:18
- Gender: Female
Sent to other offices
I already tried that & it didn't work :-(
It annoys me more that I leave my office & puts my other colleagues under pressure with extra work. But when I go to another office I feel completely useless. Not ideal when you are put on a round with no idea where you are going or even get lost
It annoys me more that I leave my office & puts my other colleagues under pressure with extra work. But when I go to another office I feel completely useless. Not ideal when you are put on a round with no idea where you are going or even get lost
-
97gaz
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1023
- Joined: 17 Dec 2008, 10:15
- Gender: Male
-
South_London_Postie
- Posts: 306
- Joined: 18 Nov 2016, 19:58
- Gender: Male
Sent to other offices
While the thread is open, can the DOM use seniority to decide who has to cover the other branch. E.g. The same poor person getting sent left right and centre every week. Or is there agreements in place to help prevent this?
-
doorstepped
- Posts: 1063
- Joined: 10 Oct 2011, 23:17
- Gender: Male
- Location: Somewhere west of London
Sent to other offices
leave reserves or volunteers will be sent out to other office's
normally a walk holder or RDC wont get sent out.
my Dom is currently trying to send people out to other offices while getting people in to work their day off!!!
all to cook the books, I will make sure I make it as hard as possible for the Dom to do so while staying within the rules of course.
normally a walk holder or RDC wont get sent out.
my Dom is currently trying to send people out to other offices while getting people in to work their day off!!!
all to cook the books, I will make sure I make it as hard as possible for the Dom to do so while staying within the rules of course.
-
South_London_Postie
- Posts: 306
- Joined: 18 Nov 2016, 19:58
- Gender: Male
Sent to other offices
What about offices with multiple leave reserves.
Can seniority alone be used as a tool to decide who has to go when their is no volunteers?
Same poor young new girl keeps getting shafted and being sent to mine and other offices under these circumstances
Can seniority alone be used as a tool to decide who has to go when their is no volunteers?
Same poor young new girl keeps getting shafted and being sent to mine and other offices under these circumstances
-
Clared
- Posts: 122
- Joined: 08 Jul 2016, 12:18
- Gender: Female
Sent to other offices
The big boss of the area said I am covered to travel to another office as long as I don't travel via my own office ! I haven't been able to speak to my union rep just yet because I have been away from my office for quite sometime but I will be doing. I do think they are talking crap though.97gaz wrote:Be aware that unless you have contacted your insurance company then you may well be technically uninsured if going to other offices in your own car. Insurance company terms usually used are travelling to a regular place of work.Clared wrote:I already tried that & it didn't work :-(
It annoys me more that I leave my office & puts my other colleagues under pressure with extra work. But when I go to another office I feel completely useless. Not ideal when you are put on a round with no idea where you are going or even get lost
It's unlikely but possible to end up with six points and seizure of your car.
-
Clared
- Posts: 122
- Joined: 08 Jul 2016, 12:18
- Gender: Female
Sent to other offices
Yep that's happening at our office ! And they also are expected to take out extra loops when they send ppl like me to other offices. I was 'ordered' to go to another office to cover their staff shortage nothing worse than feeling like a piece of meat is theredoorstepped wrote:leave reserves or volunteers will be sent out to other office's
normally a walk holder or RDC wont get sent out.
my Dom is currently trying to send people out to other offices while getting people in to work their day off!!!
all to cook the books, I will make sure I make it as hard as possible for the Dom to do so while staying within the rules of course.
-
97gaz
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1023
- Joined: 17 Dec 2008, 10:15
- Gender: Male
-
Kick the Bucket
- Posts: 119
- Joined: 14 Sep 2015, 19:22
- Gender: Male
Sent to other offices
It really baffles me how unprofessional some people within this business really are! Not only that, the one rule for one and another rule for another is clear as day within Royal Mail.97gaz wrote:The big boss would tell you the sky is green if it would help him .Do not trust him. If anything goes wrong he will deny telling you that. The insurance companies won't hesitate to not pay out on any claim you have if you are not traveling to your regular place of work. The Police won't hesitate to prosecute you for being uninsured and seize your car. If you're a new driver it'll also be a ban for six points. If you're doing it regularly it would be worth ringing your insurance co. I had business put on my car recently and it was only an extra £11.Clared wrote:The big boss of the area said I am covered to travel to another office as long as I don't travel via my own office ! I haven't been able to speak to my union rep just yet because I have been away from my office for quite sometime but I will be doing. I do think they are talking crap though.97gaz wrote:Be aware that unless you have contacted your insurance company then you may well be technically uninsured if going to other offices in your own car. Insurance company terms usually used are travelling to a regular place of work.Clared wrote:I already tried that & it didn't work :-(
It annoys me more that I leave my office & puts my other colleagues under pressure with extra work. But when I go to another office I feel completely useless. Not ideal when you are put on a round with no idea where you are going or even get lost
It's unlikely but possible to end up with six points and seizure of your car.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72733
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Sent to other offices
Just a quick pointer. Quoting others posts won't work if you have BBCode disabled in your Posting defaults panel http://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communit ... &mode=post" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72733
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Sent to other offices
Don't speak to your rep, check your insurer online or even call their helpline.Clared wrote:The big boss of the area said I am covered to travel to another office as long as I don't travel via my own office ! I haven't been able to speak to my union rep just yet because I have been away from my office for quite sometime but I will be doing. I do think they are talking crap though.97gaz wrote:Be aware that unless you have contacted your insurance company then you may well be technically uninsured if going to other offices in your own car. Insurance company terms usually used are travelling to a regular place of work.Clared wrote:I already tried that & it didn't work :-(
It annoys me more that I leave my office & puts my other colleagues under pressure with extra work. But when I go to another office I feel completely useless. Not ideal when you are put on a round with no idea where you are going or even get lost
It's unlikely but possible to end up with six points and seizure of your car.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
steve1873
- Posts: 800
- Joined: 08 Oct 2007, 13:55
Sent to other offices
TrueBlueTerrier wrote:Don't speak to your rep, check your insurer online or even call their helpline.Clared wrote:The big boss of the area said I am covered to travel to another office as long as I don't travel via my own office ! I haven't been able to speak to my union rep just yet because I have been away from my office for quite sometime but I will be doing. I do think they are talking crap though.97gaz wrote:Be aware that unless you have contacted your insurance company then you may well be technically uninsured if going to other offices in your own car. Insurance company terms usually used are travelling to a regular place of work.Clared wrote:I already tried that & it didn't work :-(
It annoys me more that I leave my office & puts my other colleagues under pressure with extra work. But when I go to another office I feel completely useless. Not ideal when you are put on a round with no idea where you are going or even get lost
It's unlikely but possible to end up with six points and seizure of your car.
Or simply tell them that you are refusing to use your PRIVATE vehicle to make his/ her life easier and that they must transport you to and from other office within your contractual hours of employment.