ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Working at different offices

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Clared
Posts: 122
Joined: 08 Jul 2016, 12:18
Gender: Female

Working at different offices

Post by Clared »

Is there a reason why I have to keep going to other offices to work when they are short staffed. I have been at RM almost 9 months now & there has been 6 new starters at our offices since I've been there so why do I keep getting picked to go. Anyone know or other ppl in the same position ?
Kick the Bucket
Posts: 119
Joined: 14 Sep 2015, 19:22
Gender: Male

Working at different offices

Post by Kick the Bucket »

If you're flexible they will do it.

You should start on your time at YOUR delivery office. It is then for managers to convey you to the next delivery office. If they argue this explain you are only insured to drive to a single place of work.

Also explain you must finish on your time. This will be at YOUR delivery office also.

That should do the trick.
GT85
Posts: 365
Joined: 26 Nov 2013, 20:02
Gender: Male
Location: ASDO

Working at different offices

Post by GT85 »

As above ^^^

It's probably because you just get on and do it without making a fuss. You are within your rights to insist on starting and finishing at your DO at your correct times and asking for transport to and from the other office, this is normally a good starting point for getting them to pick on someone else.
Maybe have a word with your rep as although having to go to another office is an unavoidable part of being a reserve it should be shared out amongst all reserves.
We're all here because we're not all there
Clared
Posts: 122
Joined: 08 Jul 2016, 12:18
Gender: Female

Working at different offices

Post by Clared »

The working to their time doesn't bother me because I claim it back through OT & Travel time.
I use my own car to travel there & back because it's a pain to get back if we are late.
I got told I can travel from home to the other office & back home & I would be covered from 1 of the big boss which probably is a load of crap but the mileage claim is more worth the effort to do it that way.
Just wondering how long will they keep sending me over there someone that's all nothing worse that going to a office you don't know anyone
osgoody1970
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 360
Joined: 21 Jun 2011, 13:44
Gender: Male

Working at different offices

Post by osgoody1970 »

you've just answered your own question, you use your own car, you don't mind working over your time, why would they send someone else??? start and finish at your own office, insist on working to your time, you then don't look as good an alterntive to send to another office!!!!!
Clared
Posts: 122
Joined: 08 Jul 2016, 12:18
Gender: Female

Working at different offices

Post by Clared »

osgoody1970 wrote:you've just answered your own question, you use your own car, you don't mind working over your time, why would they send someone else??? start and finish at your own office, insist on working to your time, you then don't look as good an alterntive to send to another office!!!!!
Yes suppose I have. I'm sure HR will not be happy with the amount of OT & mileage I am claiming back they could employ another member of staff for that ! My wage has doubled !
Clared
Posts: 122
Joined: 08 Jul 2016, 12:18
Gender: Female

Working at different offices

Post by Clared »

osgoody1970 wrote:you've just answered your own question, you use your own car, you don't mind working over your time, why would they send someone else??? start and finish at your own office, insist on working to your time, you then don't look as good an alterntive to send to another office!!!!!

I'll start that tomorrow !