ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Buy downs
-
j1mmyc
- Posts: 39
- Joined: 02 Mar 2010, 19:09
- Gender: Male
Buy downs
hi all, I had a buy down 6 years ago and wasn't allowed to apply for full time hours for 24 months which was fine now my office has had 7 people being made up to full time and I haven't been asked, I went to the DOM and asked why I hadn't been asked to up my hours to full time and his reply was "I go down on the list to where the people started when my 24 months was finished" is this true or is he having me on? It says nothing in my contract saying I basically lose my position in order just says I wasn't allowed to apply for jobs above 25hrs for 24months
-
DB1100
- Posts: 1976
- Joined: 10 Sep 2007, 14:30
Buy downs
I was told that following a buy down you could go back up to full time at any time but you would have to pay a percentage of the money back,so if there was a full time vacancy after a year you could apply and if you were the most senior you would get the job but would have to pay back 50% of the money you got,and after 2 years you could go back up and not pay anything back,and no loss of seniority.
For we were soldiers once,and young
-
aiden01
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 7001
- Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
- Gender: Male
Buy downs
walkthewalk wrote:Point taken but rules are rules just like seniority rules end of.bigal383 wrote:you got paid to buy down and your choice, how about give the lads under you a chance to be full time....
-
j1mmyc
- Posts: 39
- Joined: 02 Mar 2010, 19:09
- Gender: Male
Buy downs
I've spoke to my rep and he doesn't know where I slot back in into the seniority list when the 2 years were up there has been about 12 people made up since my 24 months were up but as said the DOM has penciled me in where starters started after my 24 months was finished
I think the DOM just doesn't want to go round to the person who was last made up last week and tell them there no longer full time he knows I'm right
If he doesn't play ball Ipad d can find my contract im seriously considering taking legal action as some sort
Does anybody know if HR would have a copy of my buy down contract as not sure if still got the original?
I think the DOM just doesn't want to go round to the person who was last made up last week and tell them there no longer full time he knows I'm right
If he doesn't play ball Ipad d can find my contract im seriously considering taking legal action as some sort
Does anybody know if HR would have a copy of my buy down contract as not sure if still got the original?
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72733
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Buy downs
He can't it would be too expensive and legally questionable. If they have signed the contract then they are now FT, the situation, beyond being incidentally connected to yours is no fault of their own.j1mmyc wrote:I
I think the DOM just doesn't want to go round to the person who was last made up last week and tell them there no longer full time he knows I'm right
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
j1mmyc
- Posts: 39
- Joined: 02 Mar 2010, 19:09
- Gender: Male
Buy downs
So how do I go about this now? As I was never asked?TrueBlueTerrier wrote:He can't it would be too expensive and legally questionable. If they have signed the contract then they are now FT, the situation, beyond being incidentally connected to yours is no fault of their own.j1mmyc wrote:I
I think the DOM just doesn't want to go round to the person who was last made up last week and tell them there no longer full time he knows I'm right