I was scheduled in for 1 week annual leave mid January which I chose a year ago. The DOM then said the week prior to my annual leave there was too many people off. I offered to change my date, which was then pencilled in for 2 weeks later on the sheet which I witnessed.
I was approached by the DOM 3 working days before my leave was due to start and told I could not be given the new date as too many people were on annual leave and sick leave.
Then told the next date available would be in one months time.
Absolute disgrace. Spoke to Union Rep and they reccommend a grievance.
Opinions please...
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Messed about with annual leave
-
aiden01
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 7001
- Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
- Gender: Male
Messed about with annual leave
Grievance without a doubt. But why did you let them change your leave having booked it a year in advance. Never ever do a manager in rn a favour they will just poop poop all over you time and again.apple19 wrote:I was scheduled in for 1 week annual leave mid January which I chose a year ago. The DOM then said the week prior to my annual leave there was too many people off. I offered to change my date, which was then pencilled in for 2 weeks later on the sheet which I witnessed.
I was approached by the DOM 3 working days before my leave was due to start and told I could not be given the new date as too many people were on annual leave and sick leave.
Then told the next date available would be in one months time.
Absolute disgrace. Spoke to Union Rep and they reccommend a grievance.
Opinions please...
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72733
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Messed about with annual leave
100% a grievance. He broke the law and you have a case.
Under the law they can cancel leave, but it has to be a minimum of the number of days you are taking.
In other words if you are on leave for a week, they can't cancel 3 days before, the latest they can cancel it is 1 week before. Bet the manager didn't know that.
https://www.gov.uk/holiday-entitlement- ... -time-off-" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Under the law they can cancel leave, but it has to be a minimum of the number of days you are taking.
In other words if you are on leave for a week, they can't cancel 3 days before, the latest they can cancel it is 1 week before. Bet the manager didn't know that.
https://www.gov.uk/holiday-entitlement- ... -time-off-" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
An employer can refuse a leave request but they must give as much notice as the amount of leave requested, eg 2 weeks’ notice if the leave requested was 2 weeks.-
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
superports
- Posts: 171
- Joined: 05 Nov 2009, 09:15
- Gender: Male
Messed about with annual leave
I'm amazed at that! In theory someone can book and pay for a two week family holiday a year in advance and RM can give you two weeks notice, and it's up in smoke? Surely there has to be some recourse financially?
-
97gaz
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1023
- Joined: 17 Dec 2008, 10:15
- Gender: Male