ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Casual Clothes day

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
wookie
Posts: 319
Joined: 30 Dec 2011, 12:38
Gender: Male

Casual Clothes day

Post by wookie »

Why is it Mangaers wear jeans and T-shirts on a Saturday? Is it because they know they will finish early? Does it happen in your office? I KNOW it happens in my area.
Shaders
Posts: 218
Joined: 22 Jun 2010, 07:47
Gender: Male
Location: Oop North

Casual Clothes day

Post by Shaders »

Nope
Jpro747
Posts: 1342
Joined: 23 Dec 2012, 10:22
Gender: Male

Casual Clothes day

Post by Jpro747 »

Every day is casual clothes day for our DOM
General Mannerheim
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2299
Joined: 14 Dec 2007, 13:10
Gender: Male
Location: Stalag 17

Casual Clothes day

Post by General Mannerheim »

Half our office turn up in casual clothes the scruffy twats. :speak to the hand
Royal Mail managers.....about as popular as a t.urd in a swimming pool!
The DDA/Equality Act demands action,NOT words......adjustments NOT Occupational Health referrals.Case No:2505901/09
Royal Mail is an Equal Opportunities Employer..It discriminates against everybody.
GT85
Posts: 365
Joined: 26 Nov 2013, 20:02
Gender: Male
Location: ASDO

Casual Clothes day

Post by GT85 »

Lino wears his golf gear into work on a Saturday and if the DOM is ever wearing a smart shirt it's a sure sign that we are expecting a visit from someone up above. :roll:
We're all here because we're not all there
PIPERDAN
Posts: 1
Joined: 02 Feb 2017, 20:03
Gender: Male

Casual Clothes day

Post by PIPERDAN »

Half of our office wear their own shoes on delivery, bloody stupid
Nigel1505
Posts: 409
Joined: 10 Jun 2010, 08:24
Gender: Male

Casual Clothes day

Post by Nigel1505 »

Some of ours don't wear a stitch of RM clothing any day. :whistle
Cedar_Room
Posts: 826
Joined: 31 Aug 2007, 14:09

Casual Clothes day

Post by Cedar_Room »

One lad,who has since left,never used to wear one bit of uniform. Remember driving past him one hot summers day & he was strutting along in his Adidas trainers,Nike shorts & no top! Had it not been for bundle of mail in his hand you could have been forgiven for thinking he was off to the beach! :0)
“Shorts,in this weather?!”

“If they’re bills I don’t want ‘em!”

“What’s she been ordering now?”
woody38
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 273
Joined: 19 Apr 2016, 08:38
Gender: Male

Casual Clothes day

Post by woody38 »

PIPERDAN wrote:Half of our office wear their own shoes on delivery, bloody stupid
Why is it stupid, the shoes' Boots & trainers are the most uncomfortable things I have ever worn, I need a wide fitting trainer which is also comfortable, the trainers I wear are toe capped, comfortable, wide fitting, why would I want to wear something that is going to course me great pain & distress.
peshwaarinaan
Posts: 381
Joined: 29 May 2015, 11:35
Gender: Female

Casual Clothes day

Post by peshwaarinaan »

woody38 wrote:
PIPERDAN wrote:Half of our office wear their own shoes on delivery, bloody stupid
Why is it stupid, the shoes' Boots & trainers are the most uncomfortable things I have ever worn, I need a wide fitting trainer which is also comfortable, the trainers I wear are toe capped, comfortable, wide fitting, why would I want to wear something that is going to course me great pain & distress.
I can't wear RM footwear either. They gave me chronic foot pain!
nickbsmooth
Posts: 279
Joined: 25 Jan 2013, 14:19
Gender: Male
Location: South East

Casual Clothes day

Post by nickbsmooth »

I wear a clowns outfit to work everyday,no ones ever said anything.
antcpfc
Posts: 629
Joined: 18 Sep 2007, 17:25

Casual Clothes day

Post by antcpfc »

woody38 wrote:
PIPERDAN wrote:Half of our office wear their own shoes on delivery, bloody stupid
Why is it stupid, the shoes' Boots & trainers are the most uncomfortable things I have ever worn, I need a wide fitting trainer which is also comfortable, the trainers I wear are toe capped, comfortable, wide fitting, why would I want to wear something that is going to course me great pain & distress.
If you have a medical reason fair enough but slip down some stairs and hurt yourself without proper trainers and they will stop your pay.
Slider tool. Lol.
scoobydo79
Posts: 2055
Joined: 15 May 2011, 19:04
Gender: Male

Casual Clothes day

Post by scoobydo79 »

nickbsmooth wrote:I wear a clowns outfit to work everyday,no ones ever said anything.
Ahhh Your a DOM are You??
rambo1
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 3266
Joined: 12 Jun 2013, 20:00
Gender: Male

Casual Clothes day

Post by rambo1 »

woody38 wrote:
PIPERDAN wrote:Half of our office wear their own shoes on delivery, bloody stupid
Why is it stupid, the shoes' Boots & trainers are the most uncomfortable things I have ever worn, I need a wide fitting trainer which is also comfortable, the trainers I wear are toe capped, comfortable, wide fitting, why would I want to wear something that is going to course me great pain & distress.
+1 I say it's the sensible ones who provide their own footwear that's up to the job, you only get one pair of feet. Look after them, coz royal mail don't give a crap. You know we can claim some towards buying them too.
aiden01
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 7001
Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
Gender: Male

Casual Clothes day

Post by aiden01 »

rambo1 wrote:
woody38 wrote:
PIPERDAN wrote:Half of our office wear their own shoes on delivery, bloody stupid
Why is it stupid, the shoes' Boots & trainers are the most uncomfortable things I have ever worn, I need a wide fitting trainer which is also comfortable, the trainers I wear are toe capped, comfortable, wide fitting, why would I want to wear something that is going to course me great pain & distress.
+1 I say it's the sensible ones who provide their own footwear that's up to the job, you only get one pair of feet. Look after them, coz royal mail don't give a crap. You know we can claim some towards buying them too.
you can only claim payment if diagnosed by a specialist . and the payment is up to £30.