ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Interesting. Delivery to a Neighbour causing problems for Amazon Sellers

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72733
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Interesting. Delivery to a Neighbour causing problems for Amazon Sellers

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Thread: Royal Mail delivery confirmation not enough?

https://sellercentral-europe.amazon.com ... 7&tstart=0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Had an A-Z opened from another wonderful customer for item not received.
Checked the delivery confirmation and it shows its been delivered.

Gave all this to amazon and they found in the buyer's favour and took the money from us, stating no proof the item was delivered to the buyers address, even though the delivery details state that royal mail have confirmed item was delivered out on the 24th.

So now I'm a bit confused, similar scenario on ebay and ebay found in our favour,

Should I appeal or is it pointless?

Is it any wonder buyers run riot over us all on amazon, amazon never take the side of the seller.
and the reply
Yes, but doesn't R M confirmation now state that the item was delivered to the recipient OR a neighbour?
So Amazon no longer accept this as proof of delivery to the recipient, as theoretically they might not have it.
This has been raised on the forums before fairly recently.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
WOBBLY
Posts: 362
Joined: 27 Apr 2012, 13:19
Gender: Male

Interesting. Delivery to a Neighbour causing problems for Amazon Sellers

Post by WOBBLY »

Interesting.

It still baffles me why, when we've had new PDA's, that there isn't a deliver to neighbour option on it!

Interesting that 'delivered to neighbour' isn't considered proof of delivery! I wonder what RM's take on this is!
Darren Bent
Posts: 2150
Joined: 05 Oct 2007, 15:38
Gender: Male
Location: Pride Park, Derby, DE24 8XL

Interesting. Delivery to a Neighbour causing problems for Amazon Sellers

Post by Darren Bent »

and it will lead more door stepping from Amazon Logistics or yodel and co.
rubberbond
Posts: 1497
Joined: 24 Aug 2014, 16:03
Gender: Male

Interesting. Delivery to a Neighbour causing problems for Amazon Sellers

Post by rubberbond »

WOBBLY wrote:Interesting.

It still baffles me why, when we've had new PDA's, that there isn't a deliver to neighbour option on it!

Interesting that 'delivered to neighbour' isn't considered proof of delivery! I wonder what RM's take on this is!
From what I understand and have stated on threads before,is that, if the recipient denies receipt,then "a conversation will take place", or words to the same effect. So it's your fault. I don't do neighbours for this very reason, plus as a reserve who covers many duties, how am I supposed to know whether 63 Acacia Avenue,gets on with their neighbours at 61,or 65? I do not wish to embarrass myself by asking and getting a refusal. Managers in the past ,have tried to bully me into delivering Tracked items ,to neighbours,as they say,it's a "Royal Mail Standard",whatever that is and I retort by saying it's at my discretion whether to try the neighbour. Sorry ,not happening.
Last edited by rubberbond on 05 Feb 2017, 13:17, edited 1 time in total.
CPTNemoUK
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 707
Joined: 03 Oct 2013, 10:13
Gender: Male

Interesting. Delivery to a Neighbour causing problems for Amazon Sellers

Post by CPTNemoUK »

The only time i give it a neighbour is when they come out and offer to take it. If not it gets carded no matter what.
postslippete
Posts: 4194
Joined: 14 Jul 2014, 16:27
Gender: Male

Interesting. Delivery to a Neighbour causing problems for Amazon Sellers

Post by postslippete »

I never normally leave parcels with neighbours too


There is just so much that can go wrong. Simple things like forgetting to get their surname to sign for it instead of the surname on the parcel.
On the face of it, shareholder value is the dumbest idea in the world.
gary1975
Posts: 482
Joined: 16 Apr 2011, 13:41
Gender: Male

Interesting. Delivery to a Neighbour causing problems for Amazon Sellers

Post by gary1975 »

It's also a royal mail standard that the posties get the blame until parcel is found. I have a new nominate a neighbors card and the have just put" any" on the card
paranoid-android
Posts: 106
Joined: 24 Feb 2010, 09:17
Gender: Male

Interesting. Delivery to a Neighbour causing problems for Amazon Sellers

Post by paranoid-android »

I don't normally bother the neighbours, but one came out and offered to take a parcel the other day. So I gave it to them who promptly took it and left it on the back doorstep of the house I was at!!! Ffs
:arrrghhh u
Dorset Plodder
Posts: 4351
Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
Gender: Male

Interesting. Delivery to a Neighbour causing problems for Amazon Sellers

Post by Dorset Plodder »

paranoid-android wrote:I don't normally bother the neighbours, but one came out and offered to take a parcel the other day. So I gave it to them who promptly took it and left it on the back doorstep of the house I was at!!! Ffs
:arrrghhh u
:Applause Couldn't make it up could you? :cuppa
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
Kick the Bucket
Posts: 119
Joined: 14 Sep 2015, 19:22
Gender: Male

Interesting. Delivery to a Neighbour causing problems for Amazon Sellers

Post by Kick the Bucket »

I thought it was Royal Mail's standard to try neighbours every time with regular parcels, recorded delivery and tracked items? How can they blame you if a neighbour takes the parcel and denies receipt? :hmmmm
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Interesting. Delivery to a Neighbour causing problems for Amazon Sellers

Post by fishtank »

Kick the Bucket wrote:I thought it was Royal Mail's standard to try neighbours every time with regular parcels, recorded delivery and tracked items? How can they blame you if a neighbour takes the parcel and denies receipt? :hmmmm
I would imagine that's obvious.
You deliver to the neighbour, the neighbour denies receipt.
No real proof either way so it comes down to the manager to make an assumption, if it happens once you'll probably get the benefit of the doubt maybe even twice but when you deliver as many parcels as we do you only have to be unlucky a couple of times to give a manager second thoughts.

You could argue that this scenario is no different to delivering to the original customer and carries the same inherent risks but the big difference is motivation, a neighbour gets to keep the parcel without the hassle of dealing with the sender, paying the money up front or trying to negotiate a refund, that's before you even consider the possibility that the neighbour might bear a grudge with the recipient, after all if you're going to fall out with anyone in your street it's likely to be the person you share a boundary with, have noise issues with or fight over who parks where.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
Dorset Plodder
Posts: 4351
Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
Gender: Male

Interesting. Delivery to a Neighbour causing problems for Amazon Sellers

Post by Dorset Plodder »

Always amuses me how RM are happy to have a parcel signed for by a neighbour (with all the problems that could occur, as mentioned by FT) but are totally against having the Postie sign for it and leave it in a Safe Place. :crazy:

Surely we're more trustworthy than some dodgy neighbour? :cuppa
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
taurus88
Posts: 1259
Joined: 14 Aug 2010, 17:53
Gender: Male

Interesting. Delivery to a Neighbour causing problems for Amazon Sellers

Post by taurus88 »

Dorset Plodder wrote:Always amuses me how RM are happy to have a parcel signed for by a neighbour (with all the problems that could occur, as mentioned by FT) but are totally against having the Postie sign for it and leave it in a Safe Place. :crazy:

Surely we're more trustworthy than some dodgy neighbour? :cuppa
It's one of the more bizarre and, dare I say, disturbing, things about Royal Mail. The obsession with first-time delivery has become a get rid at all costs strategy in some DOs, to the point where passing the buck on to any member of the public is preferable to following the safe and sensible procedure of posting a 739 through the letterbox. Personally, I'm against leaving parcels with people I have no personal relationship with and never attempt to deliver to neighbours unless the addressee requests for me to do so (either personally, or in the form of a note on the INSIDE of their door, or window). And that's because of the key phrasing that Royal Mail gave when delivery to neighbour was introduced, which was that it was at the postperson's discretion as to where and whether to deliver a parcel to a neighbour. Which is clearly designed to blame the postie when something then goes wrong. So, using my discretion, 99% of packets/recordeds/tracked go back to the office when the addressee is not at home.
BeamishStout
Posts: 387
Joined: 19 Sep 2012, 14:42
Gender: Male

Interesting. Delivery to a Neighbour causing problems for Amazon Sellers

Post by BeamishStout »

rubberbond wrote:if the recipient denies receipt,then "a conversation will take place", or words to the same effect. So it's your fault.
And when said conversations take place they are invariably many days later. Invariably I cannot remember whether I delivered an item to said address yesterday or the day before or the day before that :hmmmm . Same with returns to the locker for items that they ask 'can you remember blah blah blah'. So in effect there are going to be 2 possible conversations whenever you are unable to deliver item to the intended receiver...
BeamishStout
Posts: 387
Joined: 19 Sep 2012, 14:42
Gender: Male

Interesting. Delivery to a Neighbour causing problems for Amazon Sellers

Post by BeamishStout »

taurus88 wrote: It's one of the more bizarre and, dare I say, disturbing, things about Royal Mail. The obsession with first-time delivery has become a get rid at all costs strategy in some DOs, to the point where passing the buck on to any member of the public is preferable to following the safe and sensible procedure of posting a 739 through the letterbox. Personally, I'm against leaving parcels with people I have no personal relationship with and never attempt to deliver to neighbours unless the addressee requests for me to do so (either personally, or in the form of a note on the INSIDE of their door, or window). And that's because of the key phrasing that Royal Mail gave when delivery to neighbour was introduced, which was that it was at the postperson's discretion as to where and whether to deliver a parcel to a neighbour. Which is clearly designed to blame the postie when something then goes wrong. So, using my discretion, 99% of packets/recordeds/tracked go back to the office when the addressee is not at home.
:Applause