ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

pay question

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Dexydog
Posts: 887
Joined: 14 Jan 2017, 13:54
Gender: Male

pay question

Post by Dexydog »

Can anyone work this one out, 25 hour contract...
Pay for first 6 months-
Basic £9.51
Delivery supplement £0.61
SSPR first 14 hours £10.12. (above added together sounds correct)
Payslip today after 6 months service...
Basic £10.04
Delivery supplement £0.61
SSPR first 14 hours £10.35??!
So I get a 53p an hour rise for first 25 hours, then 23p rise for next 14.

Sounds wrong or am I missing something?
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72733
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

pay question

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Possibly, Over Time is paid roughly a week in hand, whereas contract pay is worked week we get it. You might be between the 2.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
lightningpostman
Posts: 271
Joined: 22 Apr 2015, 20:54
Gender: Male

pay question

Post by lightningpostman »

Dexydog wrote:Can anyone work this one out, 25 hour contract...
Pay for first 6 months-
Basic £9.51
Delivery supplement £0.61
SSPR first 14 hours £10.12. (above added together sounds correct)
Payslip today after 6 months service...
Basic £10.04
Delivery supplement £0.61
SSPR first 14 hours £10.35??!
So I get a 53p an hour rise for first 25 hours, then 23p rise for next 14.

Sounds wrong or am I missing something?
you get a pay increase 6months in and then 12 months,

saves the company from shedding out full pay to those that dont last,

the rentention figures are dreadful and it saves them a tonne of money paying all new starters less
Dexydog
Posts: 887
Joined: 14 Jan 2017, 13:54
Gender: Male

pay question

Post by Dexydog »

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:Possibly, Over Time is paid roughly a week in hand, whereas contract pay is worked week we get it. You might be between the 2.
Possibly.
Although the 6 month basic rate is £10.09 is it not?
I get the SSPR might be a bit behind, but then again last week was actually my 6 month anniversary (start date 19th July)and some aspects of the payments looked like they were for part weeks, so I assumed this week would be full rates.
Only pennies I know, but all adds up.
bustedflush
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1493
Joined: 16 Feb 2013, 11:19
Gender: Male

pay question

Post by bustedflush »

Dexydog wrote:
TrueBlueTerrier wrote:Possibly, Over Time is paid roughly a week in hand, whereas contract pay is worked week we get it. You might be between the 2.
Possibly.
Although the 6 month basic rate is £10.09 is it not?
I get the SSPR might be a bit behind, but then again last week was actually my 6 month anniversary (start date 19th July)and some aspects of the payments looked like they were for part weeks, so I assumed this week would be full rates.
Only pennies I know, but all adds up.

Aside from DIMs not adding your O/T correctly your wage slip will always be right. I had all the same questions when I was there, and always it turned out to be correct. The system is pretty sound, all automated and audited. If your 6 month anniversary occurred in the middle of a week, believe or not you can get say 3 days at the starting rate and 2 at the new increased rate! Same with O/T if you worked it on days before and after the 6-month rise if that occurred in the middle of the week. The system is pretty precise, don't worry. :wink:
Dexydog
Posts: 887
Joined: 14 Jan 2017, 13:54
Gender: Male

pay question

Post by Dexydog »

Quick update.
Got payslip today and everything seems to have caught up.
However hourly rate and SSPR rate is £10.04. (plus £0.61 supplement)
Advertised rate is £10.09 after 6 months, worth persuing??