ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Job Share
-
mickeymacca
- Posts: 503
- Joined: 21 Jun 2012, 18:03
- Gender: Male
Job Share
I do a job share where I work :
Week 1 : Mon, Tues, Weds.
Week 2 : Thurs, Fri, Sat.
So essentially I am week on/ week off. If there are 2 willing duty holders, (especially if you are FT) then I would think they would try to accommodate.
OT is always there if you need to work a day off, it is nice to be in control to some extent, and would recommend.
Week 1 : Mon, Tues, Weds.
Week 2 : Thurs, Fri, Sat.
So essentially I am week on/ week off. If there are 2 willing duty holders, (especially if you are FT) then I would think they would try to accommodate.
OT is always there if you need to work a day off, it is nice to be in control to some extent, and would recommend.
'Libraries gave us power'
-
Red Robbo
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 680
- Joined: 31 Jan 2012, 09:23
- Gender: Male
Job Share
Job share is exactly that, you both share the job in the week it is operationally needed, divided between you, not one week on one week off,both of you would be absent from work from the periods you are "off".robbertwhitton wrote:At 55 me and my mate are keen to leave this rat race job,or certainly do a job share 1 week on 1 week off? Anybody doing this?? Any thoughts?
Speak to your line manager about your proposal, Royal Mail generally are very helpful when turning full time jobs into less than full time, all the best.