Apologies if there's another thread on this but I'm a newbie so be nice.
I'm on a 20hr contract but work FT hours and do so every week. I heard that the Christmas bonus would be pro rata but I only received a PT bonus. I saw a thread on here about the difference being made up in January once all actual hours worked had been submitted, but I've so far not received anything extra. My other PT colleagues received the same bonus as me but only work their contracted hours every week. Am I right in thinking I should have got the FT bonus and if so who do I speak to about it?
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
PT Christmas Bonus
-
Creditshampoo
- Posts: 1189
- Joined: 06 Oct 2014, 19:48
- Gender: Male
PT Christmas Bonus
Christmas bonus is based on Contract hours.
-
barrowc
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 383
- Joined: 12 Mar 2010, 01:36
- Gender: Male
PT Christmas Bonus
The Christmas Bonus comes in two parts: the old £100 that we've had for many years plus a new £100 which we've only had for a couple of years. The new £100 is pro rata to your contracted hours no matter how many hours you actually work.
The old £100 is also pro rata unless your manager submits an ECR to increase your normal hours for at least two full weeks over the Christmas period. If you are increased to full time hours then you would get the old £100 in full. So if you were 20 hours normally and increased to 39 hours for two weeks at Christmas you should get £151.28 in total as long as the ECR was done correctly
The old £100 is also pro rata unless your manager submits an ECR to increase your normal hours for at least two full weeks over the Christmas period. If you are increased to full time hours then you would get the old £100 in full. So if you were 20 hours normally and increased to 39 hours for two weeks at Christmas you should get £151.28 in total as long as the ECR was done correctly
-
adb2aber
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 304
- Joined: 01 Feb 2009, 15:37
- Gender: Male
PT Christmas Bonus
If you did it as overtime you get the PT pro-rata rate. If your contracted hours were increased over Christmas then you get the applicable rate for the contracted hours you performed.Carryoncas wrote: I'm on a 20hr contract but work FT hours and do so every week
Saying "and do so every week" it sounds like you do it as overtime so you're out of luck
-
terry2972
- Posts: 482
- Joined: 17 Jan 2014, 15:26
- Gender: Male
PT Christmas Bonus
Yet another example of RM screwing part timers
-
rubberbond
- Posts: 1497
- Joined: 24 Aug 2014, 16:03
- Gender: Male
PT Christmas Bonus
That's an awful lot of screwing,considering the number of part timers. Most of whom work full time from what I see.terry2972 wrote:Yet another example of RM screwing part timers