ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Start and finish times changed by 2.5 hours how long can I string it out for?

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Stammerking
Posts: 208
Joined: 09 Dec 2007, 20:58

Start and finish times changed by 2.5 hours how long can I string it out for?

Post by Stammerking »

Been approached by management for my duty to become a hybrid duty start time changing from 7am to 10.12am and finish time 3pm to 6pm. Now I have a 10 year old child that I have to be home for 3.30pm.
They have offered me a parcel delivery on my original times but I much prefer a van/walking duty.
I will have to put my daughter in an after school club which will be a bit of a financial hit but would prefer my old duty how long have I got before they enforce the change? Rep on a 3 week holiday now and I have not talked to Branch yet but would like a rough idea of times so I got put to my wife

Cheers
paulp
Posts: 36
Joined: 05 Mar 2010, 09:22
Gender: Male

Start and finish times changed by 2.5 hours how long can I string it out for?

Post by paulp »

As they offered you another job on same hours they could put you on that now operational needs.Id take that job before someone gets it that way you be home for your child
DB1100
Posts: 1976
Joined: 10 Sep 2007, 14:30

Start and finish times changed by 2.5 hours how long can I string it out for?

Post by DB1100 »

Surely your child should come first,never mind what you prefer.
For we were soldiers once,and young
Acca Dacca
Posts: 3220
Joined: 16 Aug 2009, 17:13
Gender: Male

Start and finish times changed by 2.5 hours how long can I string it out for?

Post by Acca Dacca »

they've gave you a reasonable offer

take it
If you tolerate this, then your paid break will be next
DocketLefty
Posts: 112
Joined: 03 Jul 2015, 22:06
Gender: Male

Start and finish times changed by 2.5 hours how long can I string it out for?

Post by DocketLefty »

DB1100 wrote:Surely your child should come first,never mind what you prefer.
+1
Stammerking
Posts: 208
Joined: 09 Dec 2007, 20:58

Start and finish times changed by 2.5 hours how long can I string it out for?

Post by Stammerking »

Not got a problem putting my child in an after school club as its a good one and she goes during school holidays and she likes it, Its just the financial end which I have a problem with and the longer I stay like I am the better.
Just thought they had to give you several weeks notice before they changed your hours?
Creditshampoo
Posts: 1189
Joined: 06 Oct 2014, 19:48
Gender: Male

Start and finish times changed by 2.5 hours how long can I string it out for?

Post by Creditshampoo »

Theyre not changing your hours. They're moving you to another duty the same hours or you can start 2 hours later....just accept it.
woody38
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 273
Joined: 19 Apr 2016, 08:38
Gender: Male

Start and finish times changed by 2.5 hours how long can I string it out for?

Post by woody38 »

Stammerking wrote:Been approached by management for my duty to become a hybrid duty start time changing from 7am to 10.12am and finish time 3pm to 6pm. Now I have a 10 year old child that I have to be home for 3.30pm.
They have offered me a parcel delivery on my original times but I much prefer a van/walking duty.
I will have to put my daughter in an after school club which will be a bit of a financial hit but would prefer my old duty how long have I got before they enforce the change? Rep on a 3 week holiday now and I have not talked to Branch yet but would like a rough idea of times so I got put to my wife

Cheers
Ask them if u can try the other job on a 2 or 3 week trial, u might like it, remember once u agree to the new job u cannot change it.
Stammerking
Posts: 208
Joined: 09 Dec 2007, 20:58

Start and finish times changed by 2.5 hours how long can I string it out for?

Post by Stammerking »

Delivering 40 plus specials with tracked and 9am specials which could be anywhere in the area is not my idea of fun, driving for 7 hrs on a s**t one way system around the town with holiday traffic during the summer :shock:

Postman demanding bag drops at certain times sod that I only joined royal Mail to ride my bike in the countryside :Very Happy

The duty they are offering is vacant for a reason
woody38
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 273
Joined: 19 Apr 2016, 08:38
Gender: Male

Start and finish times changed by 2.5 hours how long can I string it out for?

Post by woody38 »

Stammerking wrote:Delivering 40 plus specials with tracked and 9am specials which could be anywhere in the area is not my idea of fun, driving for 7 hrs on a s**t one way system around the town with holiday traffic during the summer :shock:

Postman demanding bag drops at certain times sod that I only joined royal Mail to ride my bike in the countryside :Very Happy

The duty they are offering is vacant for a reason
Fair play to u, I thought these jobs had gone years ago when we went over to the van shareing, I had a job like this & I hated it.