ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
20 years service
-
gunnerj
- Posts: 12
- Joined: 14 Oct 2016, 15:24
- Gender: Male
20 years service
I pay for extra annual leave and I am approaching 20 years service, do I just stop paying on the date, also what nice long service award am i going to look forward to 
-
shepherdess
- Posts: 445
- Joined: 08 Jul 2009, 16:16
- Gender: Female
20 years service
It stops automatically , the vouchers I believe have stopped so it's an evening out ie dinner and dance and some free drinks 
-
plaguelift
- Posts: 133
- Joined: 19 Apr 2011, 06:16
- Gender: Male
20 years service
The evening out, drinks and dancing have even stopped! I was invited to a lunch with a complimenary drink on a Sunday afternoon at a fanyish hotel for my 20th (although I did get £80 in vouchers). Long gone are the nights out with dinner and as much free drink as you couldn't handle.
-
nickbsmooth
- Posts: 279
- Joined: 25 Jan 2013, 14:19
- Gender: Male
- Location: South East
20 years service
The company could give away cars in the future as rewards,because no one will physically achieve 20yrs service.
-
Mr T
- Posts: 15
- Joined: 27 Feb 2009, 17:04
- Gender: Male
20 years service
All I got was a silver pin and a perspex plaque lat march . No dinner or vouchers or anything like that
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72733
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
20 years service
gunnerj wrote:I pay for extra annual leave and I am approaching 20 years service, do I just stop paying on the date, also what nice long service award am i going to look forward to
With regard to POAL. No the year of your 20th anniversary you will pay a pro-rata amount to cover the part of the year when you were not entitled to 6 weeks. You don't stop paying till you have reached a full year when you are entitled to 6 weeks, normally the 21st year.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
burnie1969
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 13
- Joined: 22 Aug 2010, 09:30
- Gender: Male
20 years service
Just reached 20 years service....
Lapel badge and extra weeks annual leave was all I got....my DOM also presented me the badge 2 weeks early.
Lapel badge and extra weeks annual leave was all I got....my DOM also presented me the badge 2 weeks early.