ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Day off for funeral

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
andybfc
Posts: 46
Joined: 27 Oct 2008, 18:28
Gender: Male

Day off for funeral

Post by andybfc »

I notified my manager I would need the day off for a funeral a week in advance. I have plenty of annual leave left to use but he came to me the day before the funeral and told me it will be special unpaid leave category c. There is no staff shortages, there are gaps on the annual leave sheet. I want to take it as annual leave. Is this fair?
Rumple
Posts: 429
Joined: 20 Nov 2013, 10:45
Gender: Male

Day off for funeral

Post by Rumple »

andybfc wrote:I notified my manager I would need the day off for a funeral a week in advance. I have plenty of annual leave left to use but he came to me the day before the funeral and told me it will be special unpaid leave category c. There is no staff shortages, there are gaps on the annual leave sheet. I want to take it as annual leave. Is this fair?
Clearly unfair. He is "protecting" his budget. Get your rep slap a grievance in. You gave a weeks notice, how much more notice can you realistically give for a funeral?