ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Found an Unbelievable Letter on Collections
-
NewPostieUK
- Posts: 2104
- Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 21:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: SickAsAChipLand
Found an Unbelievable Letter on Collections
Later says, in my opinion
"Hi lovely Post Office Workers
I'm stupid and too lazy too find out the correct address, but I know you are all so great and clever I have full confidence you'll be able to deliver this letter with the minimal delay. I'm really very grateful for your efforts.
By the way, I paid a donation online, so don't bother looking inside you thieving scum, there is no money!"
What do you think?
Full marks for being so thoughtful and generous to a stranger, but they kind of spoil it.
(Katie Rough is the little girl who was murdered in York).
"Hi lovely Post Office Workers
I'm stupid and too lazy too find out the correct address, but I know you are all so great and clever I have full confidence you'll be able to deliver this letter with the minimal delay. I'm really very grateful for your efforts.
By the way, I paid a donation online, so don't bother looking inside you thieving scum, there is no money!"
What do you think?
Full marks for being so thoughtful and generous to a stranger, but they kind of spoil it.
(Katie Rough is the little girl who was murdered in York).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
bustedflush
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1493
- Joined: 16 Feb 2013, 11:19
- Gender: Male
Found an Unbelievable Letter on Collections
Pretty much concur with your view to be honest.
-
97gaz
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1023
- Joined: 17 Dec 2008, 10:15
- Gender: Male
Found an Unbelievable Letter on Collections
H
Last edited by 97gaz on 14 Dec 2019, 21:48, edited 1 time in total.
-
Dorset Plodder
- Posts: 4351
- Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
- Gender: Male
Found an Unbelievable Letter on Collections
Agree with NP & Busteds view..... Bit of a back handed compliment. With Gazs point: RTS isn't a problem, IF people used a return address. I seem to remember, years ago, RM used to advertise on the TV about using a return address.
Christmas is a typical example, literally hundreds of cards with nonsense or incomplete addresses. And a lot that were sent to Old Friends who had moved. The current occupant may RTS them but hardly any had a return address....just a waste of a stamp!
Christmas is a typical example, literally hundreds of cards with nonsense or incomplete addresses. And a lot that were sent to Old Friends who had moved. The current occupant may RTS them but hardly any had a return address....just a waste of a stamp!
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
-
jetblack
- Posts: 974
- Joined: 15 Apr 2011, 12:54
- Gender: Male
Found an Unbelievable Letter on Collections
Cards do get opened for cash though. The good grace and compassion shown by the old lady (?) in sending this card (to a family currently enduring a living Hell) can in no way be diminished by alluding to this fact.NewPostieUK wrote:
Full marks for being so thoughtful and generous to a stranger, but they kind of spoil it.
(Katie Rough is the little girl who was murdered in York).
Good security means trying to limit the damage a Trusted role can do
-
enskied
- Posts: 1877
- Joined: 16 Aug 2013, 17:14
- Gender: Male
Found an Unbelievable Letter on Collections
Why assume it's an old lady ? Does not look like an old persons hand writing. And for that matter why assume it is full of compassionate sentiments ?jetblack wrote:Cards do get opened for cash though. The good grace and compassion shown by the old lady (?) in sending this card (to a family currently enduring a living Hell) can in no way be diminished by alluding to this fact.NewPostieUK wrote:
Full marks for being so thoughtful and generous to a stranger, but they kind of spoil it.
(Katie Rough is the little girl who was murdered in York).
I don't think that I would want to receive letters from strangers if I were in this terrible position. I would just return it.
-
Chewster
- Posts: 527
- Joined: 15 Jan 2016, 12:34
- Gender: Male
Found an Unbelievable Letter on Collections
It's a minority of posties who open cards for cash, calling all of us thieves is akin to calling all Police officers racist murderers.jetblack wrote:Cards do get opened for cash though. The good grace and compassion shown by the old lady (?) in sending this card (to a family currently enduring a living Hell) can in no way be diminished by alluding to this fact.NewPostieUK wrote:
Full marks for being so thoughtful and generous to a stranger, but they kind of spoil it.
(Katie Rough is the little girl who was murdered in York).
-
bigbazza
- Posts: 113
- Joined: 15 Feb 2010, 19:28
- Gender: Male
Found an Unbelievable Letter on Collections
kill it off.

-
Dantheunit
- Posts: 40
- Joined: 02 Aug 2016, 10:11
- Gender: Male
Found an Unbelievable Letter on Collections
Kill it up 
-
HarryPoorer
- Posts: 112
- Joined: 06 Jul 2011, 21:07
- Gender: Male
Found an Unbelievable Letter on Collections
Kill it off as incomplete address, but put the frank on it saying "always use the postcode you idiot". And don't send money online if you don't know where it is going.
-
jetblack
- Posts: 974
- Joined: 15 Apr 2011, 12:54
- Gender: Male
Found an Unbelievable Letter on Collections
Jesus Christ - someone has had enough compassion toward a complete stranger in their darkest hour to send them a card - and you lot have had your noses put out of joint cos they have had the temerity to imply that some of your colleagues might well be thieves ??
Listen - I have had loads of cards pass through my hands at work that have been opened somewhere down the line. I personally, therefore, am not (under the circumstances) put out in the slightest by the senders message on the front of their card.
FFS - are we that sensistive ?
And if you are that sensitive, how come you yourself didn't send the bereaved family a card ? Or does your sensitivity start and end where a very vague aspersion is cast on your personal integrity - and it doesn't, for example, extend to the family of murdered children ?
Have a think about what you are saying here - get a sense of perspective.
The message wasn't to or for the likes of you and I - the message was to the thieves.
I shouldn't have thought it needed saying, but hey, what the f**k do I know.
Listen - I have had loads of cards pass through my hands at work that have been opened somewhere down the line. I personally, therefore, am not (under the circumstances) put out in the slightest by the senders message on the front of their card.
FFS - are we that sensistive ?
And if you are that sensitive, how come you yourself didn't send the bereaved family a card ? Or does your sensitivity start and end where a very vague aspersion is cast on your personal integrity - and it doesn't, for example, extend to the family of murdered children ?
Have a think about what you are saying here - get a sense of perspective.
The message wasn't to or for the likes of you and I - the message was to the thieves.
I shouldn't have thought it needed saying, but hey, what the f**k do I know.
Good security means trying to limit the damage a Trusted role can do
-
Dorset Plodder
- Posts: 4351
- Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
- Gender: Male
Found an Unbelievable Letter on Collections
ANY mail that looks like it's been tampered with (even if it's obviously been done by the sorting machine) I'll hand it in to the PHG (don't bother posting there's no such person... we all know who we mean) and get them to put it in a "Sorry we trashed your mail" envelope.
Never had any comeback from the customer, as they can see that we've noticed the problem, and there's a phone number so they can bend someone else's ear!
Never had any comeback from the customer, as they can see that we've noticed the problem, and there's a phone number so they can bend someone else's ear!
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
-
Stubs
- Posts: 11
- Joined: 08 Jun 2016, 15:08
- Gender: Male
Found an Unbelievable Letter on Collections
Well said...completely staggered by some of the previous responses!jetblack wrote:Jesus Christ - someone has had enough compassion toward a complete stranger in their darkest hour to send them a card - and you lot have had your noses put out of joint cos they have had the temerity to imply that some of your colleagues might well be thieves ??
Listen - I have had loads of cards pass through my hands at work that have been opened somewhere down the line. I personally, therefore, am not (under the circumstances) put out in the slightest by the senders message on the front of their card.
FFS - are we that sensistive ?
And if you are that sensitive, how come you yourself didn't send the bereaved family a card ? Or does your sensitivity start and end where a very vague aspersion is cast on your personal integrity - and it doesn't, for example, extend to the family of murdered children ?
Have a think about what you are saying here - get a sense of perspective.
The message wasn't to or for the likes of you and I - the message was to the thieves.
I shouldn't have thought it needed saying, but hey, what the f**k do I know.
-
Chewster
- Posts: 527
- Joined: 15 Jan 2016, 12:34
- Gender: Male
Found an Unbelievable Letter on Collections
Yes very nice of the person to send a card. But I'm just going to make the point, if it were me in that HORRIBLE HORRIBLE situation, I'd hate to be receiving cards from strangers. Maybe I'm just a hermit but a person's business is a person's business.
As for the message on the envelope, it's still just not a nice message. The sender could have put "card only" as is very common on cards, rather than outright accuse posties of being thieves while also simultaneously broadcasting to anyone who sees it that they're so very generous that they donated online. Reads to me as more of an ego trip for the sender rather than an great amount of sympathy but hey I'm a massive cynic
As for the message on the envelope, it's still just not a nice message. The sender could have put "card only" as is very common on cards, rather than outright accuse posties of being thieves while also simultaneously broadcasting to anyone who sees it that they're so very generous that they donated online. Reads to me as more of an ego trip for the sender rather than an great amount of sympathy but hey I'm a massive cynic