ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Would you vote for strike action?

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.

Would you vote for strike action?

Yes
366
76%
No
117
24%
 
Total votes: 483

Marke87
Posts: 19
Joined: 11 Sep 2015, 09:56
Gender: Male

Would you vote for strike action?

Post by Marke87 »

If the new pension changes come in would you strike?

Would love to hear your reasons, for and against.
Stammerking
Posts: 208
Joined: 09 Dec 2007, 20:58

Would you vote for strike action?

Post by Stammerking »

Unite or become irrelevant
Rommagic
Posts: 1518
Joined: 10 Sep 2007, 16:52

Would you vote for strike action?

Post by Rommagic »

All out strike like in 1971.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72733
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Would you vote for strike action?

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Yes

Although the scheme (or schemes) will be changed for the worse, it will be in inverse proportion to the amount of pressure/feeling coming from us. Even for those not directly affected (DC) there is a chance of actually improving their pension. Royal Mail won't do that without some form of Industrial Unrest.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
wardroom
Posts: 97
Joined: 23 Oct 2007, 19:17

Would you vote for strike action?

Post by wardroom »

I would withdraw all discussions regarding revisions, resourcing from immediate effect, the union need to pull up there socks and get into action now, we need to act together on this as it effects everyone.
the dragon
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 115
Joined: 08 Oct 2007, 14:33

Would you vote for strike action?

Post by the dragon »

Voted a big fat YES!! Ive just received my "pension projections" and my new deal will see me lose around 25% of the current deal !! Not amused by it at all !!!
Stunl3y
Posts: 73
Joined: 05 Jun 2011, 11:57
Gender: Male

Would you vote for strike action?

Post by Stunl3y »

Because it sets the tone for the future and the future isn't looking great if we carry on taking whats thrown at us
mrpostman85
Posts: 11
Joined: 09 Mar 2010, 16:41
Gender: Male

Would you vote for strike action?

Post by mrpostman85 »

Work to rule and overtime ban would cause more chaos over a sustained period plus RM don't get the pleasure of coining in a reduced wage bill while we're stood on the gate.
Last edited by mrpostman85 on 17 Jan 2017, 18:08, edited 1 time in total.
visigoth
Posts: 105
Joined: 22 Oct 2009, 00:07
Gender: Male

Would you vote for strike action?

Post by visigoth »

My "dear colleague" letter lost me at "*if* implemented" :hmmmm

(seriously, RM lost me a while back having previously stated "privatisation will sort it")
k979aaa
Posts: 12578
Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
Gender: Male
Location: THE NORTH

Would you vote for strike action?

Post by k979aaa »

Whilst sometime ago the final salary scheme was closed this latest saga in the pensions will not be the last of pensions or any other list of our rights and benefits we all deserve, This will be the beginning of the end of all our hard won rights and benefits. IF WE DO NOT MAKE OUR STAND NOW!
nickijt32
Posts: 10
Joined: 27 Apr 2010, 20:50
Gender: Female

Would you vote for strike action?

Post by nickijt32 »

How do I leave the pension scheme?
Dorset Plodder
Posts: 4351
Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
Gender: Male

Would you vote for strike action?

Post by Dorset Plodder »

I'll vote Yes, and if the majority of the vote say YES... I'll strike. I thought that was what Democracy was about? :hmmmm

Although if it's anything like the Brexit Referendum I'll expect everyone to be calling for another vote if they don't get what they want! We've already got the Dickheads making excuses for why they won't be going on strike! :arrrghhh
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
borgpicard
Posts: 486
Joined: 05 May 2011, 22:45
Gender: Male

Would you vote for strike action?

Post by borgpicard »

Dorset Plodder wrote:I'll vote Yes, and if the majority of the vote say YES... I'll strike. I thought that was what Democracy was about? :hmmmm

Although if it's anything like the Brexit Referendum I'll expect everyone to be calling for another vote if they don't get what they want! We've already got the Dickheads making excuses for why they won't be going on strike! :arrrghhh

:Applause :Applause :Applause :Applause :Applause well said sir.
postslippete
Posts: 4194
Joined: 14 Jul 2014, 16:27
Gender: Male

Would you vote for strike action?

Post by postslippete »

I voted for YES


A loss of one week's pay now would be more than compensated by the thousands more that I would receive when I am in retirement in the future. We know that Royal Mail are always cost-cutting and there are still many things yet to accomplish on their bucket list. A vote for a strike brings the balance towards us for a more favourable terms of agreement.
On the face of it, shareholder value is the dumbest idea in the world.
RobertT
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 6694
Joined: 09 Sep 2007, 14:26
Gender: Male

Would you vote for strike action?

Post by RobertT »

nickijt32 wrote:How do I leave the pension scheme?
And make your personal position worse?
Links to all RM pension related websites are here