ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Get paid for attending Royal Mail interview during work hours.

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
woopesh
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 230
Joined: 30 Dec 2015, 22:02
Gender: Male

Get paid for attending Royal Mail interview during work hours.

Post by woopesh »

Do you get paid if you attend a Royal Mail interview during work hours? It seems so according to the below:

http://www.cwu-e4.co.uk/files/special_leave_policy.doc" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

A lot of CWU pronoucements don't make any sense so I thought I would ask here.

I can't see the managers going for this at all. Pay you for not doing work? Pafff. I suspect they would tell me to go on a rest day.
rehabron
Posts: 1372
Joined: 01 Jul 2012, 18:43
Gender: Male

Get paid for attending Royal Mail interview during work hours.

Post by rehabron »

woopesh wrote:Do you get paid if you attend a Royal Mail interview during work hours? It seems so according to the below:

http://www.cwu-e4.co.uk/files/special_leave_policy.doc" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

A lot of CWU pronoucements don't make any sense so I thought I would ask here.

I can't see the managers going for this at all. Pay you for not doing work? Pafff. I suspect they would tell me to go on a rest day.
The interviews referred to in this case are conduct interviews, absence interviews and BTW interviews which are payable anyway.
woopesh
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 230
Joined: 30 Dec 2015, 22:02
Gender: Male

Get paid for attending Royal Mail interview during work hours.

Post by woopesh »

I see, so an interview to go for another position in Royal Mail doesn't count. Thanks.
rehabron
Posts: 1372
Joined: 01 Jul 2012, 18:43
Gender: Male

Get paid for attending Royal Mail interview during work hours.

Post by rehabron »

woopesh wrote:I see, so an interview to go for another position in Royal Mail doesn't count. Thanks.
Sorry should have given a more exhaustive list in my previous posting. All interviews connected to the RMG, promotional interviews, transfers to other offices should be arranged within the employees working hours and be payable.