ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Would you vote for strike action?
-
Marke87
- Posts: 19
- Joined: 11 Sep 2015, 09:56
- Gender: Male
Would you vote for strike action?
If the new pension changes come in would you strike?
Would love to hear your reasons, for and against.
Would love to hear your reasons, for and against.
-
Stammerking
- Posts: 208
- Joined: 09 Dec 2007, 20:58
Would you vote for strike action?
Unite or become irrelevant
-
Rommagic
- Posts: 1518
- Joined: 10 Sep 2007, 16:52
Would you vote for strike action?
All out strike like in 1971.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72733
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Would you vote for strike action?
Yes
Although the scheme (or schemes) will be changed for the worse, it will be in inverse proportion to the amount of pressure/feeling coming from us. Even for those not directly affected (DC) there is a chance of actually improving their pension. Royal Mail won't do that without some form of Industrial Unrest.
Although the scheme (or schemes) will be changed for the worse, it will be in inverse proportion to the amount of pressure/feeling coming from us. Even for those not directly affected (DC) there is a chance of actually improving their pension. Royal Mail won't do that without some form of Industrial Unrest.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
wardroom
- Posts: 97
- Joined: 23 Oct 2007, 19:17
Would you vote for strike action?
I would withdraw all discussions regarding revisions, resourcing from immediate effect, the union need to pull up there socks and get into action now, we need to act together on this as it effects everyone.
-
the dragon
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 115
- Joined: 08 Oct 2007, 14:33
Would you vote for strike action?
Voted a big fat YES!! Ive just received my "pension projections" and my new deal will see me lose around 25% of the current deal !! Not amused by it at all !!!
-
Stunl3y
- Posts: 73
- Joined: 05 Jun 2011, 11:57
- Gender: Male
Would you vote for strike action?
Because it sets the tone for the future and the future isn't looking great if we carry on taking whats thrown at us
-
mrpostman85
- Posts: 11
- Joined: 09 Mar 2010, 16:41
- Gender: Male
Would you vote for strike action?
Work to rule and overtime ban would cause more chaos over a sustained period plus RM don't get the pleasure of coining in a reduced wage bill while we're stood on the gate.
Last edited by mrpostman85 on 17 Jan 2017, 18:08, edited 1 time in total.
-
visigoth
- Posts: 105
- Joined: 22 Oct 2009, 00:07
- Gender: Male
Would you vote for strike action?
My "dear colleague" letter lost me at "*if* implemented" 
(seriously, RM lost me a while back having previously stated "privatisation will sort it")
(seriously, RM lost me a while back having previously stated "privatisation will sort it")
-
k979aaa
- Posts: 12578
- Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
- Gender: Male
- Location: THE NORTH
Would you vote for strike action?
Whilst sometime ago the final salary scheme was closed this latest saga in the pensions will not be the last of pensions or any other list of our rights and benefits we all deserve, This will be the beginning of the end of all our hard won rights and benefits. IF WE DO NOT MAKE OUR STAND NOW!
-
nickijt32
- Posts: 10
- Joined: 27 Apr 2010, 20:50
- Gender: Female
Would you vote for strike action?
How do I leave the pension scheme?
-
Dorset Plodder
- Posts: 4351
- Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
- Gender: Male
Would you vote for strike action?
I'll vote Yes, and if the majority of the vote say YES... I'll strike. I thought that was what Democracy was about?
Although if it's anything like the Brexit Referendum I'll expect everyone to be calling for another vote if they don't get what they want! We've already got the Dickheads making excuses for why they won't be going on strike!
Although if it's anything like the Brexit Referendum I'll expect everyone to be calling for another vote if they don't get what they want! We've already got the Dickheads making excuses for why they won't be going on strike!
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
-
borgpicard
- Posts: 486
- Joined: 05 May 2011, 22:45
- Gender: Male
Would you vote for strike action?
Dorset Plodder wrote:I'll vote Yes, and if the majority of the vote say YES... I'll strike. I thought that was what Democracy was about?![]()
Although if it's anything like the Brexit Referendum I'll expect everyone to be calling for another vote if they don't get what they want! We've already got the Dickheads making excuses for why they won't be going on strike!
-
postslippete
- Posts: 4194
- Joined: 14 Jul 2014, 16:27
- Gender: Male
Would you vote for strike action?
I voted for YES
A loss of one week's pay now would be more than compensated by the thousands more that I would receive when I am in retirement in the future. We know that Royal Mail are always cost-cutting and there are still many things yet to accomplish on their bucket list. A vote for a strike brings the balance towards us for a more favourable terms of agreement.
A loss of one week's pay now would be more than compensated by the thousands more that I would receive when I am in retirement in the future. We know that Royal Mail are always cost-cutting and there are still many things yet to accomplish on their bucket list. A vote for a strike brings the balance towards us for a more favourable terms of agreement.
On the face of it, shareholder value is the dumbest idea in the world.
-
RobertT
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 6694
- Joined: 09 Sep 2007, 14:26
- Gender: Male
Would you vote for strike action?
And make your personal position worse?nickijt32 wrote:How do I leave the pension scheme?
Links to all RM pension related websites are here