ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
lieu day refusal.
-
daveyeff
- Posts: 4699
- Joined: 12 Mar 2010, 19:38
- Gender: Male
lieu day refusal.
these DOMs make me f*****g sick. every time I try to get a one he twists his face and shrugs his shoulders. its not often I ask him but you would think I was asking him to chop his balls off when I do!!...ive asked him for a Saturday FIVE MONTHS from now, he's hummed and harred for over a week now. I said I need an answer so I can book a holiday for the missus's birthday. he's kept putting off and dragging his heels, then today I get the 'NO, I can't do it theres too many off that week.! C***!!!.. now, i'll have to fork out to get me duty covered. he would've HAD to cover it if I'd phoned in sick. serves me right for being honest. next time he'll get the phone call. BASTARDS!! rant over. 
-
Cedar_Room
- Posts: 826
- Joined: 31 Aug 2007, 14:09
lieu day refusal.
Yeah,it's a joke. Never known a place like it. Whenever any social event comes up that isn't the day before your day off or on a Saturday night you know you're in for a testing time trying to blag it off (even though you have outstanding Leave).daveyeff wrote:these DOMs make me f*****g sick. every time I try to get a one he twists his face and shrugs his shoulders. its not often I ask him but you would think I was asking him to chop his balls off when I do!!...ive asked him for a Saturday FIVE MONTHS from now, he's hummed and harred for over a week now. I said I need an answer so I can book a holiday for the missus's birthday. he's kept putting off and dragging his heels, then today I get the 'NO, I can't do it theres too many off that week.! C***!!!.. now, i'll have to fork out to get me duty covered. he would've HAD to cover it if I'd phoned in sick. serves me right for being honest. next time he'll get the phone call. BASTARDS!! rant over.
Friends & relatives who have 'normal' jobs look at you in disbelief when you say you may struggle to get to an event that they've given you seven months notice for.
“Shorts,in this weather?!”
“If they’re bills I don’t want ‘em!”
“What’s she been ordering now?”
“If they’re bills I don’t want ‘em!”
“What’s she been ordering now?”
-
trythat
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 720
- Joined: 23 Jun 2007, 16:36
lieu day refusal.
We have this kind of problem as well. I would start by checking the leave sheets and see if they are actually full, then see who is on rota to see if they might swap, ask your rep to get involved, if still no joy ask Area Rep to look into it, it might also to ask about the lapsing plan to see if they might be lapsing when they shouldn't (don't they aways) if they are then ask where the extra days are for the extra lapsing they are trying to do. As a lst resort you could collar the DSM when they come to the office, embarrassing the DOM is always a nice way to pass a few minutes.daveyeff wrote:these DOMs make me f*****g sick. every time I try to get a one he twists his face and shrugs his shoulders. its not often I ask him but you would think I was asking him to chop his balls off when I do!!...ive asked him for a Saturday FIVE MONTHS from now, he's hummed and harred for over a week now. I said I need an answer so I can book a holiday for the missus's birthday. he's kept putting off and dragging his heels, then today I get the 'NO, I can't do it theres too many off that week.! C***!!!.. now, i'll have to fork out to get me duty covered. he would've HAD to cover it if I'd phoned in sick. serves me right for being honest. next time he'll get the phone call. BASTARDS!! rant over.
It's not ideal I know, but opg have got to push harder when this happens, 5 months should be enough time for DOMs to get theirselves organised!
-
Broxi51
- Posts: 1154
- Joined: 30 Jul 2007, 19:04
- Location: Scotland
lieu day refusal.
The next time you ask for a day off and he says no, take a bit of paper with a load of dates on it and add the date you cant get off.
He will ask what you are doing and you tell him that you are keeping a record of all the times he says No for when you put in a grievance.
It may make him think again.
He will ask what you are doing and you tell him that you are keeping a record of all the times he says No for when you put in a grievance.
It may make him think again.
The time has come to stop turning the other cheek, time to stop shaking our heads in bitter dismay, time to stop mumbling our angry words.
The time has come for union.
The time has come for union.
-
rubberbond
- Posts: 1497
- Joined: 24 Aug 2014, 16:03
- Gender: Male
lieu day refusal.
Yet ,they wonder why people take time off sick,does it ever occur that pre planned absence is easier to cover than unplanned absence! And yet and yet............
-
Creditshampoo
- Posts: 1189
- Joined: 06 Oct 2014, 19:48
- Gender: Male
lieu day refusal.
You think thats bad I'm getting married on a saturday in SEPTEMBER. We are only allowed to book full weeks so booked the week off after for the honeymoon planning on booking the Saturday when I can book individual days.
Request denied for the Saturday. Couldn't make it up.
Request denied for the Saturday. Couldn't make it up.
-
Shaders
- Posts: 218
- Joined: 22 Jun 2010, 07:47
- Gender: Male
- Location: Oop North
lieu day refusal.
I needed a weekend off last year for a family occasion that I HAD to be at, didn't even bother asking for the time off, Thursday,Friday and Saturday on the sick, problem solved.
It's wrong I know but I had no guilt over it,
It's wrong I know but I had no guilt over it,
-
stephen.cal87
- Posts: 72
- Joined: 19 May 2016, 12:59
- Gender: Male
lieu day refusal.
Yet the privileged few seem to get every day off they want.
I submitted a leave sheet in November 2016 requesting a saturday off in February 2017. Will be interesting to see the outcome!
-
doorstepped
- Posts: 1063
- Joined: 10 Oct 2011, 23:17
- Gender: Male
- Location: Somewhere west of London
lieu day refusal.
I am sure that you can have a day off to get married even if it's unpaid leave, they can't stop you from doing this.Creditshampoo wrote:You think thats bad I'm getting married on a saturday in SEPTEMBER. We are only allowed to book full weeks so booked the week off after for the honeymoon planning on booking the Saturday when I can book individual days.
Request denied for the Saturday. Couldn't make it up.
can't remember where I read it but I know it's there.
I will do a dig around tomorrow or perhaps someone can post it if they find it.
-
Creditshampoo
- Posts: 1189
- Joined: 06 Oct 2014, 19:48
- Gender: Male
lieu day refusal.
Much appreciateddoorstepped wrote:Creditshampoo wrote:You think thats bad I'm getting married on a saturday in SEPTEMBER. We are only allowed to book full weeks so booked the week off after for the honeymoon planning on booking the Saturday when I can book individual days.
Request denied for the Saturday. Couldn't make it up.
I am sure that you can have a day off to get married even if it's unpaid leave, they can't stop you from doing this.
can't remember where I read it but I know it's there.
I will do a dig around tomorrow or perhaps someone can post it if they find it.
-
cantonkid1955
- PARCELFORCE
- Posts: 163
- Joined: 19 Jun 2011, 19:03
- Gender: Male
lieu day refusal.
Happened to me as well,,I got the union involved,,I put in a leave request and was told,,that I could not have it just in case someone else wanted it..I said thank you for that,,the DM was clearly looking to wind me up,,it didn't work,,next thing was the union requested a meeting with the Depot and delivery managers and were asked to explain their reasoning behind the refusal for a reasonable holiday request,when clearly,the dates I had requested were vacant,.,The depot manager was clearly unaware of just how spiteful and vindictive his DM was,,I was granted the leave request,,and the DM no longer works there,,I have never known a company so stuck in their confrontational ways.The DMs clearly antagonise people to make up for their own shortcomings,,they got the job because they clearly failed at being a postie and use their power to bully and harass the staff,,they seem to forget that we all work for the same company for the same reasons,,MONEY,,and NO ONE wants to come to work with a knot in their stomach thinking about what the DMS have in for them today and how the DMS can make their lives as miserable as possible,,its probably the only way they can get their kicks.
-
cantonkid1955
- PARCELFORCE
- Posts: 163
- Joined: 19 Jun 2011, 19:03
- Gender: Male
lieu day refusal.
....It may be wrong,,but its a lesson I learned quickly ,,tell no one anything,,keep yourself to yourself,assess the situation,plan ahead and do whatever is nesserary to get your time off,,you have no friends there,,only work colleagues who will think nothing of dropping you in it.Shaders wrote:I needed a weekend off last year for a family occasion that I HAD to be at, didn't even bother asking for the time off, Thursday,Friday and Saturday on the sick, problem solved.
It's wrong I know but I had no guilt over it,
-
hans solo
- Posts: 3288
- Joined: 06 Feb 2011, 18:08
- Gender: Male
lieu day refusal.
our office manager has reduced leave request options for sat off to 1 slot every week for an office over 100
reason not enough resources
i am personally owed over 14 days odd days
guys in office have been owed days for 5 yrs and over
BUT mgmt get any day off they need or want as they use cover from acting line mgmt and wpc to allow this
f***ing not very fair
reason not enough resources
i am personally owed over 14 days odd days
guys in office have been owed days for 5 yrs and over
BUT mgmt get any day off they need or want as they use cover from acting line mgmt and wpc to allow this
f***ing not very fair