ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Has it gone that bad???
-
postman nel
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 122
- Joined: 24 Apr 2013, 15:31
- Gender: Male
Has it gone that bad???
After 13 years working for RM ..I left the business 3 years ago through IHR,I left just before van share was introduced in my DO and I thought the business was going on a downward spiral then...but for the past 2 weeks I've been getting my mail after 5pm...I know the lads who usually do this round( one has recently left through IHR and the other has been off for month or so)..but has it got that bad that posties are out till gone 5pm in the winter months merging??
-
AnotherLimey
- Posts: 751
- Joined: 08 Aug 2009, 18:45
- Gender: Male
Has it gone that bad???
First every post, Yeah.streets97 wrote:Yeah
-
Shaders
- Posts: 218
- Joined: 22 Jun 2010, 07:47
- Gender: Male
- Location: Oop North
It's only that bad if you listen to the moaners, and there plenty of them.
12 years for me on delivery, yes things have changed, shock horror we have to work the hours we are paid.
I have a start time, I have a finish time, I have a trolley so I don't have to carry heavy bags, I have a van so I don't have to use my own car, and there's overtime if I want it.
Yes management are on your back to do more but as long as you've done fair days work and not taken the piss ours leave us alone.
So in many respects the job is better than its ever been, it's only a Sh1t job if you allow it to be.
12 years for me on delivery, yes things have changed, shock horror we have to work the hours we are paid.
I have a start time, I have a finish time, I have a trolley so I don't have to carry heavy bags, I have a van so I don't have to use my own car, and there's overtime if I want it.
Yes management are on your back to do more but as long as you've done fair days work and not taken the piss ours leave us alone.
So in many respects the job is better than its ever been, it's only a Sh1t job if you allow it to be.
-
Creditshampoo
- Posts: 1189
- Joined: 06 Oct 2014, 19:48
- Gender: Male
Has it gone that bad???
And he's waited 7 years to post itAnotherLimey wrote:First every post, Yeah.streets97 wrote:Yeah
-
redneck
- Posts: 788
- Joined: 04 Jan 2010, 20:28
- Gender: Male
Has it gone that bad???
Delivery times for newcomers who are often bullied/harrassed into carrying a heavy workload (offloaded by fulltimers) can resemble this
-
Dorset Plodder
- Posts: 4351
- Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
- Gender: Male
Has it gone that bad???
Would have though it was someone covering a walk that'd be left behind, for some reason Nel, perhaps sickness. My DO rarely has anyone out after 1500 at the latest.
As mentioned the job has changed a lot but TBH I think a lot of Posties need a reality check. The other man's grass is always greener, but in the great scheme of things there are a lot worse jobs out there.
I'm not one to simply say, "If you don't like the job leave"! However if the job is getting you down that much you've got to plan some sort of exit strategy, start looking around and applying for jobs while you're still with RM. One guy in my DO is forever saying he's leaving..... "When I sell my Shares I'm Off" ....... ..."Once I've got my Christmas Tips I'm Off"........ "If I get anymore added to my Duty...I'm Off" 
I just say, "FFS You've been saying that for the last 10 years that I know"!
As mentioned the job has changed a lot but TBH I think a lot of Posties need a reality check. The other man's grass is always greener, but in the great scheme of things there are a lot worse jobs out there.
I just say, "FFS You've been saying that for the last 10 years that I know"!
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
-
enskied
- Posts: 1877
- Joined: 16 Aug 2013, 17:14
- Gender: Male
That's good for you Shaderrs.Shaders wrote:It's only that bad if you listen to the moaners, and there plenty of them.
12 years for me on delivery, yes things have changed, shock horror we have to work the hours we are paid.
I have a start time, I have a finish time, I have a trolley so I don't have to carry heavy bags, I have a van so I don't have to use my own car, and there's overtime if I want it.
Yes management are on your back to do more but as long as you've done fair days work and not taken the piss ours leave us alone.
So in many respects the job is better than its ever been, it's only a Sh1t job if you allow it to be.
it's all down to Management basically. Our are Chite. Yes we can work to eime, leave bags in or cut off, but next morning we are throwing it all back in for redelivery, then taking the lapsing out on three duties that will not get deliverered either, so that gets brought back to be thrown off again and again, Duties going vacant but not made up. 17 full timers gone and just three 24 hr people hired... Bullying is the norm at ours. Some still cave in and just post over their time, often not getting paid for it, just for a quiet life. It does no one any favours. Not the co workers, not the managers and not the business. But as long as the Dom can go home about 11 am and put the crap off until tomorrow all is OK.