ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

grievence form.

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Edward Hunter
Posts: 679
Joined: 23 May 2007, 22:30

grievence form.

Post by Edward Hunter »

Are they worthwhile? Any views, anybody got a positive result or are they always a whitewash.
Mobey
Posts: 291
Joined: 26 Jul 2016, 11:54
Gender: Male

grievence form.

Post by Mobey »

I appreciate you've been on the site for 10 years, but be careful what you say on this thread about the grievance if it's yours. :thumbup
sussexlad
Posts: 161
Joined: 28 Oct 2013, 21:52
Gender: Male

grievence form.

Post by sussexlad »

Edward Hunter wrote:Are they worthwhile? Any views, anybody got a positive result or are they always a whitewash.
I think it depends if someone has a genuine grievence or they just use the process because they are hacked off because something hasn't gone their way. In 25 years i have never had to use process myself, prefer to sort things out with a cup of coffee, a grown up chat and some realistic expectations.
Edward Hunter
Posts: 679
Joined: 23 May 2007, 22:30

grievence form.

Post by Edward Hunter »

Mobey wrote:I appreciate you've been on the site for 10 years, but be careful what you say on this thread about the grievance if it's yours. :thumbup


Sound advice mobey. ongoing situation mate. Nothing going on here at the moment lol :thumbup
General Mannerheim
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2299
Joined: 14 Dec 2007, 13:10
Gender: Male
Location: Stalag 17

grievence form.

Post by General Mannerheim »

Absolute right load of bollocks.
The Bullying and Harassment procedure is even worse.
Corruption and falsifying documents is the norm.
Royal Mail managers.....about as popular as a t.urd in a swimming pool!
The DDA/Equality Act demands action,NOT words......adjustments NOT Occupational Health referrals.Case No:2505901/09
Royal Mail is an Equal Opportunities Employer..It discriminates against everybody.
barrychuckle
Posts: 144
Joined: 16 Jan 2008, 17:40

grievence form.

Post by barrychuckle »

General Mannerheim wrote:Absolute right load of bollocks.
The Bullying and Harassment procedure is even worse.
Corruption and falsifying documents is the norm.
Very, very true. Managers investigating managers just doesn't work.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72733
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

grievence form.

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Edward Hunter wrote:Are they worthwhile? Any views, anybody got a positive result or are they always a whitewash.

Depends, I put one in and won - but it was a slam dunk anyway as it was over BH payments.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Mobey
Posts: 291
Joined: 26 Jul 2016, 11:54
Gender: Male

grievence form.

Post by Mobey »

Edward Hunter wrote:
Mobey wrote:I appreciate you've been on the site for 10 years, but be careful what you say on this thread about the grievance if it's yours. :thumbup


Sound advice mobey. ongoing situation mate. Nothing going on here at the moment lol :thumbup
No bother mate.

Hope you get the help and resolution you need.
Dorset Plodder
Posts: 4351
Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
Gender: Male

grievence form.

Post by Dorset Plodder »

I believe they're more useful if you're trying to establish a "Paper Trail" over some disagreement. The CWU will normally ask you,"Have you put a Grievance Form"? Don't forget to scan it or keep a photocopy.

Can't say I've had any great success with them, but I normally put one in if I'm owed overtime. You normally get more success simply by saying, "If you don't pay my outstanding overtime I'll be finishing bang on time and not doing any more overtime" Why Managers have to play these childish games is beyond me, they must realise certain Posties are NEVER going to let them get away with, so why keep trying it on? :cuppa
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
DGH
Posts: 710
Joined: 13 Dec 2014, 18:04
Gender: Male
Location: Neither here nor there

grievence form.

Post by DGH »

Dorset Plodder wrote:
Can't say I've had any great success with them, but I normally put one in if I'm owed overtime. You normally get more success simply by saying, "If you don't pay my outstanding overtime I'll be finishing bang on time and not doing any more overtime"
Quite. They have to be convinced you actually mean it though.

In general I have found that the threat of a grievance being submitted, or one actually being submitted, is best used as a tool to open reasonable negotiations over whatever the problem is if a manager is being intransigent.