ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
grievence form.
-
Edward Hunter
- Posts: 679
- Joined: 23 May 2007, 22:30
grievence form.
Are they worthwhile? Any views, anybody got a positive result or are they always a whitewash.
-
Mobey
- Posts: 291
- Joined: 26 Jul 2016, 11:54
- Gender: Male
grievence form.
I appreciate you've been on the site for 10 years, but be careful what you say on this thread about the grievance if it's yours. 
-
sussexlad
- Posts: 161
- Joined: 28 Oct 2013, 21:52
- Gender: Male
grievence form.
I think it depends if someone has a genuine grievence or they just use the process because they are hacked off because something hasn't gone their way. In 25 years i have never had to use process myself, prefer to sort things out with a cup of coffee, a grown up chat and some realistic expectations.Edward Hunter wrote:Are they worthwhile? Any views, anybody got a positive result or are they always a whitewash.
-
Edward Hunter
- Posts: 679
- Joined: 23 May 2007, 22:30
grievence form.
Mobey wrote:I appreciate you've been on the site for 10 years, but be careful what you say on this thread about the grievance if it's yours.
Sound advice mobey. ongoing situation mate. Nothing going on here at the moment lol
-
General Mannerheim
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2299
- Joined: 14 Dec 2007, 13:10
- Gender: Male
- Location: Stalag 17
grievence form.
Absolute right load of bollocks.
The Bullying and Harassment procedure is even worse.
Corruption and falsifying documents is the norm.
The Bullying and Harassment procedure is even worse.
Corruption and falsifying documents is the norm.
Royal Mail managers.....about as popular as a t.urd in a swimming pool!
The DDA/Equality Act demands action,NOT words......adjustments NOT Occupational Health referrals.Case No:2505901/09
Royal Mail is an Equal Opportunities Employer..It discriminates against everybody.
The DDA/Equality Act demands action,NOT words......adjustments NOT Occupational Health referrals.Case No:2505901/09
Royal Mail is an Equal Opportunities Employer..It discriminates against everybody.
-
barrychuckle
- Posts: 144
- Joined: 16 Jan 2008, 17:40
grievence form.
Very, very true. Managers investigating managers just doesn't work.General Mannerheim wrote:Absolute right load of bollocks.
The Bullying and Harassment procedure is even worse.
Corruption and falsifying documents is the norm.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72733
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
grievence form.
Edward Hunter wrote:Are they worthwhile? Any views, anybody got a positive result or are they always a whitewash.
Depends, I put one in and won - but it was a slam dunk anyway as it was over BH payments.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
Mobey
- Posts: 291
- Joined: 26 Jul 2016, 11:54
- Gender: Male
grievence form.
No bother mate.Edward Hunter wrote:Mobey wrote:I appreciate you've been on the site for 10 years, but be careful what you say on this thread about the grievance if it's yours.
Sound advice mobey. ongoing situation mate. Nothing going on here at the moment lol
Hope you get the help and resolution you need.
-
Dorset Plodder
- Posts: 4351
- Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
- Gender: Male
grievence form.
I believe they're more useful if you're trying to establish a "Paper Trail" over some disagreement. The CWU will normally ask you,"Have you put a Grievance Form"? Don't forget to scan it or keep a photocopy.
Can't say I've had any great success with them, but I normally put one in if I'm owed overtime. You normally get more success simply by saying, "If you don't pay my outstanding overtime I'll be finishing bang on time and not doing any more overtime" Why Managers have to play these childish games is beyond me, they must realise certain Posties are NEVER going to let them get away with, so why keep trying it on?
Can't say I've had any great success with them, but I normally put one in if I'm owed overtime. You normally get more success simply by saying, "If you don't pay my outstanding overtime I'll be finishing bang on time and not doing any more overtime" Why Managers have to play these childish games is beyond me, they must realise certain Posties are NEVER going to let them get away with, so why keep trying it on?
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
-
DGH
- Posts: 710
- Joined: 13 Dec 2014, 18:04
- Gender: Male
- Location: Neither here nor there
grievence form.
Quite. They have to be convinced you actually mean it though.Dorset Plodder wrote:
Can't say I've had any great success with them, but I normally put one in if I'm owed overtime. You normally get more success simply by saying, "If you don't pay my outstanding overtime I'll be finishing bang on time and not doing any more overtime"
In general I have found that the threat of a grievance being submitted, or one actually being submitted, is best used as a tool to open reasonable negotiations over whatever the problem is if a manager is being intransigent.