Hi there, I'm new to the forum.
Today I had an attendance review 2 meeting. During which, my DOM mentioned that someone with diarrhoea should come to work and have their duty changed to work indoors. She said that she had done this with another member of staff in the last few weeks. I was horrified and told her that NHS guidelines are that you shouldn't be in work for 48 hours to prevent transmission to others, to which she seemed oblivious. Should I somehow report that she is doing this? And what can I do to make sure she doesn't carry on doing this? Thanks in advance.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Manager giving wrong advice
-
General Mannerheim
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2299
- Joined: 14 Dec 2007, 13:10
- Gender: Male
- Location: Stalag 17
Manager giving wrong advice
s**t on her desk.
We all know that these DOM's are better qualified than any medical professional and come out with more crap than was probably coming out of your arse.
You won't be able to do anything about it though.
We all know that these DOM's are better qualified than any medical professional and come out with more crap than was probably coming out of your arse.
You won't be able to do anything about it though.
Royal Mail managers.....about as popular as a t.urd in a swimming pool!
The DDA/Equality Act demands action,NOT words......adjustments NOT Occupational Health referrals.Case No:2505901/09
Royal Mail is an Equal Opportunities Employer..It discriminates against everybody.
The DDA/Equality Act demands action,NOT words......adjustments NOT Occupational Health referrals.Case No:2505901/09
Royal Mail is an Equal Opportunities Employer..It discriminates against everybody.
-
bertieboy
- Posts: 56
- Joined: 25 Jul 2010, 19:53
- Gender: Male
Manager giving wrong advice
I like the analogy GM.General Mannerheim wrote:s**t on her desk.
We all know that these DOM's are better qualified than any medical professional and come out with more crap than was probably coming out of your arse.
You won't be able to do anything about it though.
-
rehabron
- Posts: 1372
- Joined: 01 Jul 2012, 18:43
- Gender: Male
Manager giving wrong advice
Due to the unpleasant symptoms of diarrhoea which can happen without giving the person any advance warning of occurring to reach toilet facilities in time in the hope of reaching the WC that all the cubicles are not occupied or the embarrassment it would cause tells me that your dimwitted DOM is speaking s###e and this other member of staff was extremely foolish in agreeing with her to come to work. This is not a healthy environment having to come to work alongside other colleagues and praying on your mind that you are not going to be cut short if the diarrhoea continues. You are ill and your DOM is ignorant expecting someone to come to work and if she had the same condition would you expect to see her at work and attending managers meetings. I think not. Best to stay of work until you are happy to return. Pass the comments that you have been subjected to from this DOM to your H&S rep to take this matter up on your behalf. You could also submit a 2nd stage individual grievance which is copied to the Employee Rights Team at Sheffield who will appoint another manager at a different level of authority to investigate your grievance.dw594 wrote:Hi there, I'm new to the forum.
Today I had an attendance review 2 meeting. During which, my DOM mentioned that someone with diarrhoea should come to work and have their duty changed to work indoors. She said that she had done this with another member of staff in the last few weeks. I was horrified and told her that NHS guidelines are that you shouldn't be in work for 48 hours to prevent transmission to others, to which she seemed oblivious. Should I somehow report that she is doing this? And what can I do to make sure she doesn't carry on doing this? Thanks in advance.
-
soltan
- Posts: 79
- Joined: 11 Aug 2007, 12:34
Manager giving wrong advice
https://www.myroyalmail.com/news/2016/1 ... r-health-0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
-
visigoth
- Posts: 105
- Joined: 22 Oct 2009, 00:07
- Gender: Male
-
dw594
- Posts: 2
- Joined: 12 Jan 2017, 15:55
- Gender: Male
Manager giving wrong advice
Thanks for the replies guys. I was going to contact h&s but now thinking I will try a different approach and print out that link to the RM policy to try and be slightly more helpful and friendly. If the attitude still sucks though then I will take it further.