ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Overtime
-
datasaint
- Posts: 1541
- Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 17:19
- Gender: Male
Overtime
You are free to do whatever you want. Overtime is voluntary. That's RM's definition, otherwise they'd be obligated to pay us increased holiday pay.terry2972 wrote:Just a quick question if you don't cut off can you choose where you want to do any overtime or does your lino have first use of you?
-
Chewster
- Posts: 527
- Joined: 15 Jan 2016, 12:34
- Gender: Male
Overtime
You can always say "I'll do overtime but only if it's this or that" and hope that the dom sets aside the right stuff for you. Many times in the past I've said I'd do packets for a duty only to come back after my own duty and find that the dom has left the wrong ones for me...he had to do them himself because I certainly wasn't doing them! 
-
Postie45
- Posts: 2160
- Joined: 21 Aug 2012, 23:05
- Gender: Male
Overtime
you can choose but you wont necessarily get it, thats up to them. You have the freedom whether or not to do any overtime, they have the freedom to allocate overtime pretty much as they see fit. Its about coming to an agreement.terry2972 wrote:Just a quick question if you don't cut off can you choose where you want to do any overtime or does your lino have first use of you?