ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
How to take a sick day
-
Decpassat06
- Posts: 65
- Joined: 29 Aug 2016, 22:16
- Gender: Male
How to take a sick day
Hello everyone, I'm still new here been a postie for 3 months or so, don't want to go into to much detail but tonight I'm feeling rather ill, not been of the toilet all afternoon.... what do I do? Am I aloud to take a sick day or will I get the sack?
-
Acca Dacca
- Posts: 3221
- Joined: 16 Aug 2009, 17:13
- Gender: Male
How to take a sick day
yes but unpaid I'm sure
you won't get sacked
you won't get sacked
If you tolerate this, then your paid break will be next
-
Decpassat06
- Posts: 65
- Joined: 29 Aug 2016, 22:16
- Gender: Male
How to take a sick day
Thanks, do I just text the manager tomorrow? It's unlikely I'll be getting any sleep so could do it tonight
-
Acca Dacca
- Posts: 3221
- Joined: 16 Aug 2009, 17:13
- Gender: Male
How to take a sick day
I wouldn't textDecpassat06 wrote:Thanks, do I just text the manager tomorrow? It's unlikely I'll be getting any sleep so could do it tonight
Phone in at least half hour before you are due to start
If you tolerate this, then your paid break will be next
-
Nondescript
- Posts: 232
- Joined: 29 Nov 2013, 16:25
- Gender: Male
How to take a sick day
Phone in tomorrow as soon as you think the manager will be in - the earlier you phone, the easier it is for him/her to arrange cover. Not that arranging cover is any of your concern, but it will probably make the overpaid and under-employed twat less argumentative.Decpassat06 wrote:Thanks, do I just text the manager tomorrow? It's unlikely I'll be getting any sleep so could do it tonight
-
rehabron
- Posts: 1372
- Joined: 01 Jul 2012, 18:43
- Gender: Male
How to take a sick day
If you are unwell and unable to work and inform your line manager of this giving him/her sufficient time to cover your duty then there is no fear of you being sacked but as you are fairly new and have not mentioned that you may be still on a probation period then there is the likelihood that this may be extended. Your absence will be unpaid and should it progress into further days you willreceive SSP from the 4th day of absence. First 7 days would be a self-certificate and thereafter a GP fit note.Decpassat06 wrote:Hello everyone, I'm still new here been a postie for 3 months or so, don't want to go into to much detail but tonight I'm feeling rather ill, not been of the toilet all afternoon.... what do I do? Am I aloud to take a sick day or will I get the sack?
-
PHARRY
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 327
- Joined: 04 Nov 2013, 17:56
- Gender: Male
How to take a sick day
Decpassat06 wrote:Hello everyone, I'm still new here been a postie for 3 months or so, don't want to go into to much detail but tonight I'm feeling rather ill, not been of the toilet all afternoon.... what do I do? Am I aloud to take a sick day or will I get the sack?
ALLOWED
-
Decpassat06
- Posts: 65
- Joined: 29 Aug 2016, 22:16
- Gender: Male
How to take a sick day
What?PHARRY wrote:Decpassat06 wrote:Hello everyone, I'm still new here been a postie for 3 months or so, don't want to go into to much detail but tonight I'm feeling rather ill, not been of the toilet all afternoon.... what do I do? Am I aloud to take a sick day or will I get the sack?
ALLOWED
-
yellowbelly
- Posts: 3725
- Joined: 23 Jun 2015, 15:51
- Gender: Male
How to take a sick day
He is referring to your use of 'aloud' instead of 'allowed' but he missed the 'of' instead of 'off'....not your biggest concern in the situation you were inDecpassat06 wrote:What?PHARRY wrote:Decpassat06 wrote:Hello everyone, I'm still new here been a postie for 3 months or so, don't want to go into to much detail but tonight I'm feeling rather ill, not been of the toilet all afternoon.... what do I do? Am I aloud to take a sick day or will I get the sack?
ALLOWED
I would imagine LOL, hope you're feeling better.
-
newbie75
- Posts: 5
- Joined: 12 Jan 2017, 13:41
- Gender: Male
How to take a sick day
Can a line manager have the right to phone me and demand me have a face to face interview?
I have been off since Monday and ive been asked to come in to the DO tomorrow to have a face to face
I have been off since Monday and ive been asked to come in to the DO tomorrow to have a face to face
-
Acca Dacca
- Posts: 3221
- Joined: 16 Aug 2009, 17:13
- Gender: Male
How to take a sick day
He can ask but you can say nonewbie75 wrote:Can a line manager have the right to phone me and demand me have a face to face interview?
I have been off since Monday and ive been asked to come in to the DO tomorrow to have a face to face
If you tolerate this, then your paid break will be next
-
newbie75
- Posts: 5
- Joined: 12 Jan 2017, 13:41
- Gender: Male
How to take a sick day
that's exactly what I said going back in the cold to do a silly face to face interviews not going to clear it up any faster
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72733
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
How to take a sick day
http://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communit ... 15&t=75333" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.