ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
I need a Pee ! List Is there a some kind of list were to Pee
-
Sawfeet
- Posts: 22
- Joined: 13 Dec 2015, 12:01
- Gender: Male
I need a Pee ! List Is there a some kind of list were to Pee
I still very green end of my third month as Postman so don't have a regular walk.
On a walk last week was busting, held on for couple hours as there a parade of shops on way back, I tried a Bakers, News Agent, petrol station they all hide behind sorry not we can't because of health & safety! Last call was a library snotty woman "this not a public lavatory"
I was polite in asking!
Could have a piss should I find alleyway or find a corner but worry I'll end up on some sex offenders list should someone complains.
I've been very dehydrated and with no surprise getting headaches.
Is there a list? I did try google but didn't show any public toilets, Where is some in town but are shut down as been vandalised.
Would it be on knock on someone door as use lav or is that a no no.
Hating this part of job.
On a walk last week was busting, held on for couple hours as there a parade of shops on way back, I tried a Bakers, News Agent, petrol station they all hide behind sorry not we can't because of health & safety! Last call was a library snotty woman "this not a public lavatory"
I was polite in asking!
Could have a piss should I find alleyway or find a corner but worry I'll end up on some sex offenders list should someone complains.
I've been very dehydrated and with no surprise getting headaches.
Is there a list? I did try google but didn't show any public toilets, Where is some in town but are shut down as been vandalised.
Would it be on knock on someone door as use lav or is that a no no.
Hating this part of job.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72733
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
I need a Pee ! List Is there a some kind of list were to Pee
Toilet stops should be identified in the walk log.
If none are listed, or those that are, are closed, then you ARE allowed to return to the office. That's H&S and the managers can't stop you.
If none are listed, or those that are, are closed, then you ARE allowed to return to the office. That's H&S and the managers can't stop you.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
Sawfeet
- Posts: 22
- Joined: 13 Dec 2015, 12:01
- Gender: Male
I need a Pee ! List Is there a some kind of list were to Pee
Thanks TBT
No details in walk log folder or map most times. I'm pushing HCT could I leave locked up or have push back to depot.
l know manager be pissed gone back then back out as not done walk in allocated time.
**Thanks
No details in walk log folder or map most times. I'm pushing HCT could I leave locked up or have push back to depot.
l know manager be pissed gone back then back out as not done walk in allocated time.
That's H&S and the managers can't stop you.
**Thanks
Last edited by Sawfeet on 08 Jan 2017, 14:46, edited 1 time in total.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72733
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
I need a Pee ! List Is there a some kind of list were to Pee
On a HCT walk if no toilet facilities call manager they will instruct you what to do, but at a maximum the HCT shouldn't be left for more than 10 minutes.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
hellpop
- Posts: 62
- Joined: 13 Nov 2011, 15:32
- Gender: Male
I need a Pee ! List Is there a some kind of list were to Pee
Don't use an alleyway or corner. One of our lads was sacked for that because someone saw him and reported him. Union unable to help him keep his job. As previously stated, go back to office is safest bet these days.
-
Pompey Boy
- Posts: 428
- Joined: 14 Jul 2009, 22:30
- Gender: Male
I need a Pee ! List Is there a some kind of list were to Pee
Big problem for us as a lot of public toilets got closed some time ago. My only place is in OAP accommodation 
How much worse can it get? A LOT F****** WORSE !!!
-
Shaders
- Posts: 218
- Joined: 22 Jun 2010, 07:47
- Gender: Male
- Location: Oop North
I need a Pee ! List Is there a some kind of list were to Pee
I'm lucky as I have an old folks home I go in everyday, without that I'd have big problems, and I mean BIG 
-
bustedflush
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1493
- Joined: 16 Feb 2013, 11:19
- Gender: Male
I need a Pee ! List Is there a some kind of list were to Pee
OK, the old p!ss-problem rears its head again. As said the walk log should have a list of places. If you are unlucky enough to not have an old people's home, Docs surgery or pub to deliver to then this is what I did:
Get a pack of disposable anti-bacterial hand wipes and carry them at all times. Get one of those opaque 0.5L drinks bottles like say a Lucozade one with the wider neck of about 40mm (or I had to use a storage jar lol).
By the time you need a p!ss your van should be at least half empty so if you haven't got the key yourself get if off the driver and open rear doors, then shut them behind you leaving about a 5 cm gap for light. Drop your pouch on the floor behind van so to passers-by it looks like you're rummaging in the van.
Kneel down and have a good old gypsy's into the bottle and put lid on. Clean hands with wipe.
Either dispose of bottle back at office or if reusing it simply sit in van and have door open a few degrees as if having a quick break and tip discreetly into gutter. Job done.
DO NOT forget to remove bottle from van and keep with you when shift is over or dispose of it - you don't want it found in the cab by someone else, and as it's opaque and the contents are hidden you don't want it found by a thirsty person next day!
For women I believe there is a female funnel sort of version of the above that can be purchased.
Get a pack of disposable anti-bacterial hand wipes and carry them at all times. Get one of those opaque 0.5L drinks bottles like say a Lucozade one with the wider neck of about 40mm (or I had to use a storage jar lol).
By the time you need a p!ss your van should be at least half empty so if you haven't got the key yourself get if off the driver and open rear doors, then shut them behind you leaving about a 5 cm gap for light. Drop your pouch on the floor behind van so to passers-by it looks like you're rummaging in the van.
Kneel down and have a good old gypsy's into the bottle and put lid on. Clean hands with wipe.
Either dispose of bottle back at office or if reusing it simply sit in van and have door open a few degrees as if having a quick break and tip discreetly into gutter. Job done.
DO NOT forget to remove bottle from van and keep with you when shift is over or dispose of it - you don't want it found in the cab by someone else, and as it's opaque and the contents are hidden you don't want it found by a thirsty person next day!
For women I believe there is a female funnel sort of version of the above that can be purchased.
-
ewancurze
- Posts: 400
- Joined: 22 Jun 2010, 19:25
- Gender: Male
I need a Pee ! List Is there a some kind of list were to Pee
It's degrading,you shouldn't have to do that.
The employer should have to ensure that you have a place to take a Piss.
Just another example of how much they care about staff.
The employer should have to ensure that you have a place to take a Piss.
Just another example of how much they care about staff.
-
greengiant
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1268
- Joined: 24 Mar 2014, 19:40
- Gender: Male
I need a Pee ! List Is there a some kind of list were to Pee
The handy bottle in the back of a van doesn't work for an hct. If worst comes to the worst you could always ask customer when you knock door for a parcel / signed for? But toilet stop should be identified in walk log
-
Chewster
- Posts: 527
- Joined: 15 Jan 2016, 12:34
- Gender: Male
I need a Pee ! List Is there a some kind of list were to Pee
I've got a pub on my round so that's lucky (though I have had to knock on someone's door and ask before, and go in an alleyway on more than one occasion
)
My last round was an HCT round and there was a petrol station but by the time you got there, you were less than 5 mins from the office so it wasn't really much use. Luckily it was in a semi rural part of town with a few fields and sheltered wooded bits here and there...
Nowadays there aren't really any public toilets left, and a lot of shopkeepers etc are funny about letting you use their loo, so really I think there should be a few portaloos dotted about, either owned and managed by RM with keys issued to posties, or managed by local councils for all the other people who are out and about and need a pee
My last round was an HCT round and there was a petrol station but by the time you got there, you were less than 5 mins from the office so it wasn't really much use. Luckily it was in a semi rural part of town with a few fields and sheltered wooded bits here and there...
Nowadays there aren't really any public toilets left, and a lot of shopkeepers etc are funny about letting you use their loo, so really I think there should be a few portaloos dotted about, either owned and managed by RM with keys issued to posties, or managed by local councils for all the other people who are out and about and need a pee
-
Postie45
- Posts: 2160
- Joined: 21 Aug 2012, 23:05
- Gender: Male
I need a Pee ! List Is there a some kind of list were to Pee
im glad youre happy enough with this solution, but this SHOULD NOT be what RM expects of its workforce, just return to the office if theres nowhere to go.bustedflush wrote:OK, the old p!ss-problem rears its head again. As said the walk log should have a list of places. If you are unlucky enough to not have an old people's home, Docs surgery or pub to deliver to then this is what I did:
Get a pack of disposable anti-bacterial hand wipes and carry them at all times. Get one of those opaque 0.5L drinks bottles like say a Lucozade one with the wider neck of about 40mm (or I had to use a storage jar lol).
By the time you need a p!ss your van should be at least half empty so if you haven't got the key yourself get if off the driver and open rear doors, then shut them behind you leaving about a 5 cm gap for light. Drop your pouch on the floor behind van so to passers-by it looks like you're rummaging in the van.
Kneel down and have a good old gypsy's into the bottle and put lid on. Clean hands with wipe.
Either dispose of bottle back at office or if reusing it simply sit in van and have door open a few degrees as if having a quick break and tip discreetly into gutter. Job done.
DO NOT forget to remove bottle from van and keep with you when shift is over or dispose of it - you don't want it found in the cab by someone else, and as it's opaque and the contents are hidden you don't want it found by a thirsty person next day!
For women I believe there is a female funnel sort of version of the above that can be purchased.
-
Pompey Boy
- Posts: 428
- Joined: 14 Jul 2009, 22:30
- Gender: Male
I need a Pee ! List Is there a some kind of list were to Pee
Don't think the posties who cover PO6 (Cosham) would be too impressed with this solution 
How much worse can it get? A LOT F****** WORSE !!!
-
bustedflush
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1493
- Joined: 16 Feb 2013, 11:19
- Gender: Male
I need a Pee ! List Is there a some kind of list were to Pee
Yes, I forgot about the HCT rounds...Postie45 wrote:im glad youre happy enough with this solution, but this SHOULD NOT be what RM expects of its workforce, just return to the office if theres nowhere to go.bustedflush wrote:OK, the old p!ss-problem rears its head again. As said the walk log should have a list of places. If you are unlucky enough to not have an old people's home, Docs surgery or pub to deliver to then this is what I did:
Get a pack of disposable anti-bacterial hand wipes and carry them at all times. Get one of those opaque 0.5L drinks bottles like say a Lucozade one with the wider neck of about 40mm (or I had to use a storage jar lol).
By the time you need a p!ss your van should be at least half empty so if you haven't got the key yourself get if off the driver and open rear doors, then shut them behind you leaving about a 5 cm gap for light. Drop your pouch on the floor behind van so to passers-by it looks like you're rummaging in the van.
Kneel down and have a good old gypsy's into the bottle and put lid on. Clean hands with wipe.
Either dispose of bottle back at office or if reusing it simply sit in van and have door open a few degrees as if having a quick break and tip discreetly into gutter. Job done.
DO NOT forget to remove bottle from van and keep with you when shift is over or dispose of it - you don't want it found in the cab by someone else, and as it's opaque and the contents are hidden you don't want it found by a thirsty person next day!
For women I believe there is a female funnel sort of version of the above that can be purchased.
If you are with a runner and 20 mins drive from DO you try and persuade them to drive you back for a mere slash, adding 30-40 minutes to their day! And what about the argument with the DIM if you go over for a simple leak? The best you can hope is the driver after a minutes moaning will take you to the nearest 'discreet' location for an outside slash. To be fair it's not really RM's fault, the nature of the job being outside and remote.
-
aposter
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 205
- Joined: 23 Feb 2013, 16:21
- Gender: Male
I need a Pee ! List Is there a some kind of list were to Pee
knock on a door and ask