ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Unable to log into PDA

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Xr4
Posts: 107
Joined: 23 Apr 2016, 09:15
Gender: Male

Unable to log into PDA

Post by Xr4 »

I was sent to a different office today and I was unable to sign into any of their new PDA's. Tried turning them off, resetting etc to no avail. They kept on coming up as user locked? Never seen one come up with that before, what does it mean?
Turpin
Posts: 208
Joined: 05 Aug 2007, 18:33

Unable to log into PDA

Post by Turpin »

Think you can only log into the office your registration is held?
Xr4
Posts: 107
Joined: 23 Apr 2016, 09:15
Gender: Male

Unable to log into PDA

Post by Xr4 »

Turpin wrote:Think you can only log into the office your registration is held?
I was there last summer and I have been to other offices since including yesterday. I'll see if I can log in at my office tomorrow,. Just seems strange it came up with user locked
wacko74
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1572
Joined: 04 Apr 2009, 20:35
Gender: Male

Unable to log into PDA

Post by wacko74 »

Was you still logged into a pda at your other office?
Turpin
Posts: 208
Joined: 05 Aug 2007, 18:33

Unable to log into PDA

Post by Turpin »

Great point if you've had not logged off from ur last PDA if it was old one? If it was a new PDA it automatically logs you out of the other PDA if both were new ones.if your previous PDA was old type this will not work.
Xr4
Posts: 107
Joined: 23 Apr 2016, 09:15
Gender: Male

Unable to log into PDA

Post by Xr4 »

Nope, been logging out and they were new ones, in the end I did have to use an old one yesterday, which started beeping low battery 5 mins after leaving the office, but then managed to last till I got back!