Hi
I started with royal mail on 7th June 2016, in our office the holidays run from March to March, I have only had one week off since I started because that was a pre booked holiday I had made before starting with royal mail.
I am wondering if any of you's know if I would be entitled to any holiday allowance for last year as I only missed 2 months from when the holidays started. My next booked holidays are June which seems quite long to be at work with no holiday, basically 1 week off in a year (June-June)
Any ideas ??
Cheers
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Holiday Entitlement??
-
FelicityRae
- Posts: 27
- Joined: 17 Dec 2016, 12:13
- Gender: Female
Holiday Entitlement??
Yeah you're entitled to more holiday than you've had. My husband started at the RM around the same time as you and got told to have theee weeks by his manager. Talk to them today or you'll end up losing your holiday.
-
madmax1
- Posts: 72
- Joined: 01 Sep 2015, 14:39
- Gender: Male
Holiday Entitlement??
If you work 5 days a week you're entitled to 22.5 days in the first year. As you 'missed' the first 9 weeks then you should get 43/52 (weeks) worth of the total allowance which adds up to 18.5 days total. You're probably owed time from Bank Holidays too if they were given as your rest days on those weeks.
As said, get in quickly and claim your holiday, you should still have about 2.5 weeks holiday left
PS your DOM can't withhold leave from you, so if they try any nonsense about there not being any leave spaces left, get straight onto your rep about it.
As said, get in quickly and claim your holiday, you should still have about 2.5 weeks holiday left
PS your DOM can't withhold leave from you, so if they try any nonsense about there not being any leave spaces left, get straight onto your rep about it.
-
Alex01259
- Posts: 3
- Joined: 10 May 2016, 23:32
- Gender: Male
Holiday Entitlement??
Cheers!
My DOM was off today but spoke to my rep and he said I am entitled to it and that I should ask for an annual leave card, which shows how many days I have left and when I can take them
My DOM was off today but spoke to my rep and he said I am entitled to it and that I should ask for an annual leave card, which shows how many days I have left and when I can take them
-
Clared
- Posts: 122
- Joined: 08 Jul 2016, 12:18
- Gender: Female
Holiday Entitlement??
I started at RM a week later than that & I was intitled to 18 days holidays I assume that you are on a PT contract ? Need to make sure you get them !Alex01259 wrote:Hi
I started with royal mail on 7th June 2016, in our office the holidays run from March to March, I have only had one week off since I started because that was a pre booked holiday I had made before starting with royal mail.
I am wondering if any of you's know if I would be entitled to any holiday allowance for last year as I only missed 2 months from when the holidays started. My next booked holidays are June which seems quite long to be at work with no holiday, basically 1 week off in a year (June-June)
Any ideas ??
Cheers