Can I refuse to work with a member of staff?
We Really don't get on at all due to stuff not work related and I don't want to be put in a situation that could have me sacked.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Can I refuse..... advice needed
-
datasaint
- Posts: 1541
- Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 17:19
- Gender: Male
Can I refuse..... advice needed
If you have a legitimate reason and you feel your safety or the safety of the mail could be compromised then I'd imagine the DOM has a duty of care to act.
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Can I refuse..... advice needed
The official position after P&L was introduced is that the business would take a sympathetic approach to any genuine people issues that arise however and don't take this personally but this is work not school and we're all supposed to be adults.
"Refusing" would not be a wise move, better to inform management of your concerns, ask them to take a formal note of them and allow management to manage, if the other person causes issues report it immediately.
"Refusing" would not be a wise move, better to inform management of your concerns, ask them to take a formal note of them and allow management to manage, if the other person causes issues report it immediately.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
Pompey Boy
- Posts: 428
- Joined: 14 Jul 2009, 22:30
- Gender: Male
Can I refuse..... advice needed
One of the big problems with park and loop 
How much worse can it get? A LOT F****** WORSE !!!
-
lillywhite
- Posts: 126
- Joined: 05 Apr 2009, 16:23
- Gender: Male
Can I refuse..... advice needed
Yes,I did and the manager said nobody has to work with anyone if there's a legitimate reason.Work is bad enough without extra stress.
-
AnotherLimey
- Posts: 751
- Joined: 08 Aug 2009, 18:45
- Gender: Male
Can I refuse..... advice needed
I'll work with anyone, but have you met the 'mute' in the MPU, he's just plain ingnorant :(Pompey Boy wrote:One of the big problems with park and loop
-
centenaryman
- Posts: 512
- Joined: 12 Jan 2010, 20:31
- Gender: Male
Can I refuse..... advice needed
ive been in the position were I couldn't work with another member of staff....they got a spare van and for the day we both did 1 walk each LOL like the good old days with royal mail providing the vehicles not us.
-
Daniel-san
- Posts: 74
- Joined: 18 Dec 2009, 17:51
- Gender: Male
Can I refuse..... advice needed
cool thanks,
I know were all adults but I've been subject to some extreme Verbal abuse and have taken it on the chin, I refuse to take any more and will bite back.
I know were all adults but I've been subject to some extreme Verbal abuse and have taken it on the chin, I refuse to take any more and will bite back.
-
UnhappyGremlin
- Posts: 2685
- Joined: 18 May 2012, 20:49
- Gender: Male
- Location: Hiding
Can I refuse..... advice needed
Your manager should take action to prevent the possibility of an issue arising.
Sometimes, I wish I wasn't a Rep.