ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Moaners!

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Mobey
Posts: 291
Joined: 26 Jul 2016, 11:54
Gender: Male

Moaners!

Post by Mobey »

I can't understand some people, they are never happy.

**May be construed as a rant**

Someone where I work over Christmas was on the same round and complained constantly that it was too busy and to many packets. Their walk was too long etc etc.

Yet all their oversized gets taken out, their specials all get taken out. The mail gets thrown out on that round. No pressure for their specials. All the d2ds get thrown out. Yet they walk back the longest way to the office and complain their out for ages.

I did the walk for the first time ever today. Was so easy, everything followed on perfectly. I seriously don't understand why moan about it constantly.
:arrrghhh
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72733
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Moaners!

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Mobey wrote:I did the walk for the first time ever today. Was so easy, everything followed on perfectly. I seriously don't understand why moan about it constantly. :arrrghhh
They moan so that ......
Mobey wrote:.... all their oversized gets taken out, their specials all get taken out. The mail gets thrown out on that round. No pressure for their specials. All the d2ds get thrown out. Yet they walk back the longest way to the office and complain they're out for ages.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Mobey
Posts: 291
Joined: 26 Jul 2016, 11:54
Gender: Male

Moaners!

Post by Mobey »

Forgot to say. It was prepped for me when I came in. I said to the lino I'm happy to prep some other rounds and they said that's great.

The person who I'm talking about was unhappy to prep other rounds when they get in.
IloveMYredTROLLEY!
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1923
Joined: 02 Apr 2010, 06:54
Gender: Male

Moaners!

Post by IloveMYredTROLLEY! »

In theory, you could send two OPGs out to do the same duty with the same workload and how long they take to do the outdoor element could be wildly different.

A uses the outdoor (and indoor) paid break, B doesn't and doesn't account for any paid breaks as regards overtime.
A stands still while retrieving mail for the next address from the working bundle, B chances getting the mail from the bundle while walking towards next address (icy weather like today, they might slip).
A gives each address with attendance calls items one minute to answer the door, B gives them 10 seconds before starting to write out p739.
A tries to leave parcels with neighbours when they get no answer, B only leaves parcels with neighbours if neighbour comes out and offers to take parcel.
A pushes the HCT around the whole duty, B locks up the HCT to do loops using a pouch wherever possible.
etc.

Postie B could quite easily complete the outdoor delivery 90+ minutes quicker, compared to postie A.

The crazy thing is that while postie A is doing what we are supposed to do, practically nobody works like that at RM, postie A is the one likely to be on the manager radar and likely to be pulled up on performance issues. :crazy:
Darren Bent
Posts: 2150
Joined: 05 Oct 2007, 15:38
Gender: Male
Location: Pride Park, Derby, DE24 8XL

Moaners!

Post by Darren Bent »

so you need to be in between A and B for ideal postie.
woody38
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 273
Joined: 19 Apr 2016, 08:38
Gender: Male

Moaners!

Post by woody38 »

that's why I Want to go, you expect Christmas to be busy u expect it part of the job, but all they do is moan, they moan about everything like u say, two many parcels, two much post, two many houses, u name it they moan,at our office we have something called flex, other offices might call it something else, basically it's 10 minutes of another walk added onto yours.

When it first went live the managers told them if u take the van home u can do the flex, but just lately they are leaving it, the problem with rm is weak management they are scared to stand up to anybody in case they bring it all back,& they have to take it out.
fly-catchers
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 573
Joined: 05 Oct 2008, 16:38
Gender: Male

Moaners!

Post by fly-catchers »

Spot on IloveMYredTROLLEY!
Since the new duties were introduced I have seen far more bags on your shoulder than in the old bike days! I use the trolley and get grumbled at!
Dorset Plodder
Posts: 4351
Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
Gender: Male

Moaners!

Post by Dorset Plodder »

TBT made a valid point..... "It's the squeaky wheel that gets the oil" :cuppa
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
Jpro747
Posts: 1342
Joined: 23 Dec 2012, 10:22
Gender: Male

Moaners!

Post by Jpro747 »

Yep those that moan have it easy, and those who don't get s##t on from a great height.
Destiny
Posts: 200
Joined: 29 Dec 2010, 10:18
Gender: Male
Location: North

Moaners!

Post by Destiny »

So are you basing it on agreed standards or your own?
Stunl3y
Posts: 73
Joined: 05 Jun 2011, 11:57
Gender: Male

Moaners!

Post by Stunl3y »

Moaning about moaners , kind of ironic really but in all seriousness its always been like that, it was when I started 30 years ago and it is now , 30 years ago it was a dam lot easier than it is now and people still moaned I just learnt to ignore them and get on with my job , some people will never be happy be it this job or any other job. Unfortunately morale in a lot of offices is very low and a lot of people are just fed up where they start to moan about things that they wouldn't have moaned about a few yrs back.
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Moaners!

Post by fishtank »

If nobody moaned the job would be a lot harder, the pay would be a lot poorer and your working conditions would be worse.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
South_London_Postie
Posts: 306
Joined: 18 Nov 2016, 19:58
Gender: Male

Moaners!

Post by South_London_Postie »

fishtank wrote:If nobody moaned the job would be a lot harder, the pay would be a lot poorer and your working conditions would be worse.
Well said.
Pompey Boy
Posts: 428
Joined: 14 Jul 2009, 22:30
Gender: Male

Moaners!

Post by Pompey Boy »

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
Mobey wrote:I did the walk for the first time ever today. Was so easy, everything followed on perfectly. I seriously don't understand why moan about it constantly. :arrrghhh
They moan so that ......
Mobey wrote:.... all their oversized gets taken out, their specials all get taken out. The mail gets thrown out on that round. No pressure for their specials. All the d2ds get thrown out. Yet they walk back the longest way to the office and complain they're out for ages.
Just like the Cosham people at the new MPU :crazy:
How much worse can it get? A LOT F****** WORSE !!!
Nigel1505
Posts: 409
Joined: 10 Jun 2010, 08:24
Gender: Male

Moaners!

Post by Nigel1505 »

"the problem with rm is weak management they are scared to stand up to anybody in case they bring it all back,& they have to take it out".

This the problem in a lot of offices; ,the DOM's are not really managers as such, they are just mouthpieces for the hierarchy and do what they are told to do in the morning conference call. Most of the ones I have encountered cannot stand up to those with a strong character and just give in, so they can have quiet life. In the real world of industry they wouldn't last five minutes,( I know, I was that soldier, before joining RM ten years ago), and I still haven't adjusted to the lacklustre, spineless, attitude of management.