ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
25hrs into 5 days from 4 days.
-
postiewhite
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 619
- Joined: 23 Jul 2013, 18:38
- Gender: Male
25hrs into 5 days from 4 days.
Im a PT reserve on a 25hr contract which has always been over 4 days at 6.15hrs a day and then put the 5th day as a day out. With a recent change of manager I now have to put down overtime anything over 5 hrs on 5 days which has me losing out when it comes to bank holidays as ill only be paid for 5hrs not 6.15. Now I know RM can have you in 5 days but 5 days doesnt fit into a 25hr contract otherwise id be starting work when postmen are on delivery at 9.30am. I have been informed that the manager either improves my contract to 30 or I should cut my nose off to spite my face and tell him that ill only be working my hours.
What are your thoughts on this? I know the boss is juggling this around to save his hours.
What are your thoughts on this? I know the boss is juggling this around to save his hours.
-
NewPostieUK
- Posts: 2104
- Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 21:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: SickAsAChipLand
25hrs into 5 days from 4 days.
If you work 5 hrs a day and get 5 hrs for a bank hol, how are you losing out?postiewhite wrote: which has me losing out when it comes to bank holidays as ill only be paid for 5hrs not 6.15.
Yes, it does, perfectly. 5 Hrs a day 5x5 = 25postiewhite wrote: Now I know RM can have you in 5 days but 5 days doesnt fit into a 25hr contract.
You got it. To finish at the same time, you need to start much later. It's not your fault if all full timers have left office.postiewhite wrote: otherwise id be starting work when postmen are on delivery at 9.30am.
I had a 25 hr contract for 5 or 6 years. Loads of cock ups but not my fault. I have a start time and claim overtime when I go over if necessary.
-
postiewhite
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 619
- Joined: 23 Jul 2013, 18:38
- Gender: Male
25hrs into 5 days from 4 days.
Im losing out because for years I was on 4 days at 6.15hrs a day so when it came to getting paid for a sick day or a bank holiday I was getting 6.15hrs (6.15 x 4 = 25) and now shes spreading my 25hrs over 5 days and the union rep told me it should be over 4 because its no sense to start work at 9.30 over 5 days if I only wanted to do my contracted hours. Our postmen leave around 9.15am on delivery.
My contract is over 4 days.
Are you a manager?
Yes im losing out!!
My contract is over 4 days.
Are you a manager?
Yes im losing out!!
-
South_London_Postie
- Posts: 306
- Joined: 18 Nov 2016, 19:58
- Gender: Male
25hrs into 5 days from 4 days.
If your contract is over 4 days and you have it in writing fight it! I can see many ways the change is to your detriment and you would lose out. Assuming you have made this clear to your new manager and it's not just a communication issue Get an area rep involved if need be.
-
NewPostieUK
- Posts: 2104
- Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 21:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: SickAsAChipLand
25hrs into 5 days from 4 days.
You didn't say that. If that is the case then yes, you are losing out, andpostiewhite wrote: My contract is over 4 days.
this is incorrect. If your contract says 4 days then you should work 4 days (unless you don't want to).postiewhite wrote: Now I know RM can have you in 5 days
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72733
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
25hrs into 5 days from 4 days.
postiewhite wrote:Are you a manager?
Really.
Does it really matter if he is or not. Managers opinions are just as valid as a posties.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
aposter
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 205
- Joined: 23 Feb 2013, 16:21
- Gender: Male
25hrs into 5 days from 4 days.
The contract will be for a number of hours per week, the fact that they have always been spread over 4 days isn't worth the paper they aren't written on. RM is trying to push more and more onto the full timers left and at a guess the theory is that the walk will be prepped and ready to go when you walk in and that you then have a 5 hour delivery span, 5 days a week, swings and roundabouts yadda yadda yadda.
-
postiewhite
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 619
- Joined: 23 Jul 2013, 18:38
- Gender: Male
25hrs into 5 days from 4 days.
Ill speak to the boss tomorrow
-
robbertwhitton
- Posts: 1132
- Joined: 30 Aug 2010, 19:06
- Gender: Male
25hrs into 5 days from 4 days.
God should it really be this complicated ?? Surely not??
-
postiewhite
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 619
- Joined: 23 Jul 2013, 18:38
- Gender: Male
25hrs into 5 days from 4 days.
I think staff need to know why their days have been increased under the same hours which means im losing out on pay when it comes to booking days off or if I go sick. 2 other lads in other offices work on a 4 day week.robbertwhitton wrote:God should it really be this complicated ?? Surely not??
-
bigal383
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 492
- Joined: 11 Dec 2012, 16:20
- Gender: Male
25hrs into 5 days from 4 days.
HIYA PAL I HAD THIS SAME PROBLEM LAST YEAR YOU HAVE TO STAND YOUR GROUND AND TELL THEM YOU CANT BECAUSE YOU HAVE SOMETHING ELSE ON THE OTHER DAYS, AT THE END OF THE ARGUMENT I ENDED UP SWITCHING OFFICES AND GOT A SMALL CONTRACT INCREASE DONT LET THEM USE AND ABUSE YOU!
-
aposter
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 205
- Joined: 23 Feb 2013, 16:21
- Gender: Male
25hrs into 5 days from 4 days.
#postiewhite wrote:I think staff need to know why their days have been increased under the same hours which means im losing out on pay when it comes to booking days off or if I go sick. 2 other lads in other offices work on a 4 day week.robbertwhitton wrote:God should it really be this complicated ?? Surely not??
No you aren't, you don't book days off, your annual holiday entitlement is in hours and won't have changed. With 5 days you will only book 5 hours off for a day instead of 6 hrs 15.
-
steve1873
- Posts: 800
- Joined: 08 Oct 2007, 13:55
25hrs into 5 days from 4 days.
You aren't losing out due to the fact that the days you are working, you are working less hours.postiewhite wrote:Im losing out because for years I was on 4 days at 6.15hrs a day so when it came to getting paid for a sick day or a bank holiday I was getting 6.15hrs (6.15 x 4 = 25) and now shes spreading my 25hrs over 5 days and the union rep told me it should be over 4 because its no sense to start work at 9.30 over 5 days if I only wanted to do my contracted hours. Our postmen leave around 9.15am on delivery.
My contract is over 4 days.
Are you a manager?
Yes im losing out!!
-
South_London_Postie
- Posts: 306
- Joined: 18 Nov 2016, 19:58
- Gender: Male
25hrs into 5 days from 4 days.
Steve he is losing out. If he has a sick day on the new setup he would only get paid 5 hours instead of 6.15 hours. Same if his day off fell on a bank holiday and booked it as overtime.
-
aposter
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 205
- Joined: 23 Feb 2013, 16:21
- Gender: Male
25hrs into 5 days from 4 days.
Cobblers, you could argue he his more likely to be sick in work time now (5 in 7 chance rather than 4 in 7|) and will therefore be more likely to be paid 5 hours than nothing, never heard such tripe. As for working a BH the simple answer is if he is asked to work either say no, or negotiate the number of hours he wants to work/get paid for, if the number isn't forthcoming either suck up the 5 hours or have a day off!South_London_Postie wrote:Steve he is losing out. If he has a sick day on the new setup he would only get paid 5 hours instead of 6.15 hours. Same if his day off fell on a bank holiday and booked it as overtime.