ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Pens in the rain
-
Chewster
- Posts: 527
- Joined: 15 Jan 2016, 12:34
- Gender: Male
Pens in the rain
It was an absolutely miserable day today, soaked through, all my P739s ruined, people's mail going through the letterbox as mush. I don't see why they can't make the 739s a bit more resistant to rain, or why they can't give us teflon trousers like the schoolkids have but I digress.
My main question is, what kind of pens do you lot use? I normally just buy the cheap clicky pens in Tesco but recently decided to "treat" myself to some lovely papermate ones. Only thing is, they are USELESS in the rain!
My main question is, what kind of pens do you lot use? I normally just buy the cheap clicky pens in Tesco but recently decided to "treat" myself to some lovely papermate ones. Only thing is, they are USELESS in the rain!
-
DB1100
- Posts: 1976
- Joined: 10 Sep 2007, 14:30
Pens in the rain
These are the best outdoor pens ever made http://www.cultpens.com/i/q/UN00847/uni ... lpoint-pen" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
For we were soldiers once,and young
-
greengiant
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1268
- Joined: 24 Mar 2014, 19:40
- Gender: Male
Pens in the rain
Contains pressurised nitrogen? You wouldn't want to be chewing on the end of that pen!DB1100 wrote:These are the best outdoor pens ever made http://www.cultpens.com/i/q/UN00847/uni ... lpoint-pen" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
-
t3mcIUQWE2
- Posts: 137
- Joined: 24 Oct 2015, 17:04
- Gender: Male
Pens in the rain
Chewster wrote:I ... buy
-
lightningpostman
- Posts: 271
- Joined: 22 Apr 2015, 20:54
- Gender: Male
Pens in the rain
pens should be provided by RM, you are not paid a supplement to use your own ,
also the stuff they do provided leak, dry up and are probably the worst pens they can buy.
also the stuff they do provided leak, dry up and are probably the worst pens they can buy.
-
visigoth
- Posts: 105
- Joined: 22 Oct 2009, 00:07
- Gender: Male
Pens in the rain
UNI-BALL POWER TANK SN-220 1.0MM
-
wannabeek
- Posts: 996
- Joined: 27 Apr 2011, 00:49
- Gender: Male
Pens in the rain
Have you ever used a RM issued pen? For more than a day? If so and that is still your comment then I guess that your dom uses a different supplier to the RM standard stockist. I have never used a RM issue pen without discarding it just a few hours later for one reason or another.t3mcIUQWE2 wrote:Chewster wrote:I ... buy
-
DB1100
- Posts: 1976
- Joined: 10 Sep 2007, 14:30
Pens in the rain
No time for eating lad,we're paid to work lol.greengiant wrote:Contains pressurised nitrogen? You wouldn't want to be chewing on the end of that pen!DB1100 wrote:These are the best outdoor pens ever made http://www.cultpens.com/i/q/UN00847/uni ... lpoint-pen" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
For we were soldiers once,and young
-
datasaint
- Posts: 1541
- Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 17:19
- Gender: Male
Pens in the rain
I've been using mine for about the last 6 months. Replaced the cartridge about 3 times, can buy a 10 pack refill of ebay.DB1100 wrote:These are the best outdoor pens ever made http://www.cultpens.com/i/q/UN00847/uni ... lpoint-pen" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Paid for out my own pocket but rather that than trying to scribe letters onto a wet 739.
-
t3mcIUQWE2
- Posts: 137
- Joined: 24 Oct 2015, 17:04
- Gender: Male
Pens in the rain
wannabeek wrote:Have you ever used a RM issued pen? For more than a day? If so and that is still your comment then I guess that your dom uses a different supplier to the RM standard stockist. I have never used a RM issue pen without discarding it just a few hours later for one reason or another.t3mcIUQWE2 wrote:Chewster wrote:I ... buy
-
DB1100
- Posts: 1976
- Joined: 10 Sep 2007, 14:30
Pens in the rain
Tombow do a similar one, but I think these are a lot better.norm wrote:I've been using mine for about the last 6 months. Replaced the cartridge about 3 times, can buy a 10 pack refill of ebay.DB1100 wrote:These are the best outdoor pens ever made http://www.cultpens.com/i/q/UN00847/uni ... lpoint-pen" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Paid for out my own pocket but rather that than trying to scribe letters onto a wet 739.
For we were soldiers once,and young
-
visigoth
- Posts: 105
- Joined: 22 Oct 2009, 00:07
- Gender: Male
Pens in the rain
Pretty sure that's the version tesco used to flog but discontinued.DB1100 wrote:These are the best outdoor pens ever made http://www.cultpens.com/i/q/UN00847/uni ... lpoint-pen" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
-
telithowitis
- Posts: 149
- Joined: 03 Aug 2016, 20:19
- Gender: Male
Pens in the rain
A free pencil from the bookies or ikea always writes in the rain!!
-
Janet Brum
- Posts: 886
- Joined: 28 Sep 2016, 19:52
- Gender: Female
Pens in the rain
I bought 10 ballpoint pens from a bargain shop for 79 pence, they are good so far, I can write with them in the rain too. And the cost is not worth mentioning 
-
DB1100
- Posts: 1976
- Joined: 10 Sep 2007, 14:30
Pens in the rain
Nah,I brought some the other day,green and brown and a couple of those.You can get them on Amazon. https://www.amazon.co.uk/Powertank-Retr ... ertank+eco" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;visigoth wrote:Pretty sure that's the version tesco used to flog but discontinued.DB1100 wrote:These are the best outdoor pens ever made http://www.cultpens.com/i/q/UN00847/uni ... lpoint-pen" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
For we were soldiers once,and young