I have done Both a rota & a day off, the roto system wins for me every time, for me the benefits of doing the rota outweigh the day off every time, u do not have to take the van back to the depot midweek, to try arrange a lift in the morning, u always get your d to d done, u have a week off every couple of weeks if u plain it right, sometimes u get a week off at Christmas pressure.
What are anybody else's thoughts on this, would be interesting to c what other people think.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Rota v day off
-
stephen.cal87
- Posts: 72
- Joined: 19 May 2016, 12:59
- Gender: Male
Rota v day off
What do you mean by rota? 
-
woody38
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 273
- Joined: 19 Apr 2016, 08:38
- Gender: Male
Rota v day off
Instead of getting a day off every week u work 5 weeks then have a week off
-
doorstepped
- Posts: 1063
- Joined: 10 Oct 2011, 23:17
- Gender: Male
- Location: Somewhere west of London
Rota v day off
Wallington week.
not every office have them or indeed can have them.
I know of one office that has everyone on a normal rotating week and one set of wallington.
works quite well or so I am told.
not every office have them or indeed can have them.
I know of one office that has everyone on a normal rotating week and one set of wallington.
works quite well or so I am told.
-
mjt120
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 53
- Joined: 26 Oct 2015, 18:49
- Gender: Male
Rota v day off
I agree the Rota week is great, week off every 6th week and as you say if u add annual leave on top it's pretty decent time off, only down side I find is I'm pretty shattered by the end of week 5 but wouldn't want to change to day off in week.woody38 wrote:I have done Both a rota & a day off, the roto system wins for me every time, for me the benefits of doing the rota outweigh the day off every time, u do not have to take the van back to the depot midweek, to try arrange a lift in the morning, u always get your d to d done, u have a week off every couple of weeks if u plain it right, sometimes u get a week off at Christmas pressure.
What are anybody else's thoughts on this, would be interesting to c what other people think.
-
daveyeff
- Posts: 4699
- Joined: 12 Mar 2010, 19:38
- Gender: Male
Rota v day off
we had an even better system than the wallington. 1 week off in 4. work 3 weeks then fourth off...... management said they having trouble resourcing the cover and it was stopped. taken away from us. pack of barstools.