ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Joining RM after Christmas.

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
smok3y666
Posts: 753
Joined: 21 Dec 2008, 10:47
Gender: Male

Joining RM after Christmas.

Post by smok3y666 »

Hi

I am transferring from PF to RM after Christmas and have a few questions if someone could spend a few minutes answering them?

1. I have heard nothing from anyone with regards to my transfer except from my own boss who has said she's done her part. Should I hear anything from anyone else? I've had nothing in writing, no confirmed start date or times, nothing.

2. Will my service carry over? When I went to see the RM manager last Monday he told me that I wouldn't be able to get my uniform straight away and I'd have to wear my PF uniform for a few weeks and I would have to be working for RM for a year before I could have a rain coat (which I find hard to believe)?

3. Do you get any additional payments with your wages like PF do? We get a bonus depending on how well the depot has performed or something. I understand you get basic pay plus an additional delivery supplement, is there anything else? And is it monthly or weekly pay?

Thanks.
Trolleyed
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 56
Joined: 16 Dec 2014, 18:06
Gender: Male

Joining RM after Christmas.

Post by Trolleyed »

I had to wait a year to get a coat. Couldn't believe it lol.

Pay is weekly but overtime is a week in hand. Delivery supplement will vary according to contracted hours. I'm on 25 hours and get £15.36.
Theghost
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 417
Joined: 17 Mar 2009, 16:44
Gender: Male

Joining RM after Christmas.

Post by Theghost »

smok3y666 wrote:Hi

I am transferring from PF to RM after Christmas and have a few questions if someone could spend a few minutes answering them?

1. I have heard nothing from anyone with regards to my transfer except from my own boss who has said she's done her part. Should I hear anything from anyone else? I've had nothing in writing, no confirmed start date or times, nothing.

2. Will my service carry over? When I went to see the RM manager last Monday he told me that I wouldn't be able to get my uniform straight away and I'd have to wear my PF uniform for a few weeks and I would have to be working for RM for a year before I could have a rain coat (which I find hard to believe)?

3. Do you get any additional payments with your wages like PF do? We get a bonus depending on how well the depot has performed or something. I understand you get basic pay plus an additional delivery supplement, is there anything else? And is it monthly or weekly pay?

Thanks.
I cant really answer those questions,Although im sure someone will sort you out a waterproof jacket.
How come you are swapping over?
Justanotherstar
Posts: 351
Joined: 28 Dec 2012, 10:43
Gender: Male

Joining RM after Christmas.

Post by Justanotherstar »

I thought You could order all uniform straight away so long as you are on a permanent/longer than 6 month contract, maybe they're putting you on a temp one at first?
smok3y666
Posts: 753
Joined: 21 Dec 2008, 10:47
Gender: Male

Joining RM after Christmas.

Post by smok3y666 »

I'm changing because my current position has had me doing noons 3 to 11 for the last 9 years. I'm going on a permanent 30 hour contract, not temp.
Justanotherstar
Posts: 351
Joined: 28 Dec 2012, 10:43
Gender: Male

Joining RM after Christmas.

Post by Justanotherstar »

Try to log onto the uniform website when you're in (after a week or 2) if you can get on just order it yourself, just your pay number as username and the password will be Delivery, could just be the manager not wanting to bother lol
Janet Brum
Posts: 886
Joined: 28 Sep 2016, 19:52
Gender: Female

Joining RM after Christmas.

Post by Janet Brum »

Justanotherstar wrote:Try to log onto the uniform website when you're in (after a week or 2) if you can get on just order it yourself, just your pay number as username and the password will be Delivery, could just be the manager not wanting to bother lol
This is the site where you can order yourself:https://detail.dimensions.co.uk/Royalma ... lcome.aspx

I got a rain coat after 2 months in the job, but I suspect my manager ordered it late, I didn`t know I can do it myself back then.
telithowitis
Posts: 149
Joined: 03 Aug 2016, 20:19
Gender: Male

Joining RM after Christmas.

Post by telithowitis »

All you need to know about ordering uniform

http://www.royalmailgroup.com/sites/def ... _order.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Ring yourself as you are entitled to it straight away, do not leave it to a manager as you don't need to and when I joined this year I got mine straight away whilst another guy asked a manager and it took months. Recommend the YDS as a shoe choice, quality water proof walking shoes comfy from day 1.
jelks
Posts: 1
Joined: 17 Sep 2016, 19:31
Gender: Male

Joining RM after Christmas.

Post by jelks »

.
Last edited by jelks on 28 Dec 2016, 22:43, edited 1 time in total.
Justanotherstar
Posts: 351
Joined: 28 Dec 2012, 10:43
Gender: Male

Joining RM after Christmas.

Post by Justanotherstar »

Janet Brum wrote:
Justanotherstar wrote:Try to log onto the uniform website when you're in (after a week or 2) if you can get on just order it yourself, just your pay number as username and the password will be Delivery, could just be the manager not wanting to bother lol
This is the site where you can order yourself:https://detail.dimensions.co.uk/Royalma ... lcome.aspx

I got a rain coat after 2 months in the job, but I suspect my manager ordered it late, I didn`t know I can do it myself back then.
This is the link...
https://detail.dimensions.co.uk/Royalma ... sCookies=1
Clared
Posts: 122
Joined: 08 Jul 2016, 12:18
Gender: Female

Joining RM after Christmas.

Post by Clared »

smok3y666 wrote:Hi

I am transferring from PF to RM after Christmas and have a few questions if someone could spend a few minutes answering them?

1. I have heard nothing from anyone with regards to my transfer except from my own boss who has said she's done her part. Should I hear anything from anyone else? I've had nothing in writing, no confirmed start date or times, nothing.

2. Will my service carry over? When I went to see the RM manager last Monday he told me that I wouldn't be able to get my uniform straight away and I'd have to wear my PF uniform for a few weeks and I would have to be working for RM for a year before I could have a rain coat (which I find hard to believe)?

3. Do you get any additional payments with your wages like PF do? We get a bonus depending on how well the depot has performed or something. I understand you get basic pay plus an additional delivery supplement, is there anything else? And is it monthly or weekly pay?

Thanks.
When I started RM I was told I would get a basic uniform after a week I ordered them from dimensions (RM website by using my pay role number)
Which was 1 pair shorts,Trousers,3 shirts,Cap, ViZ & a pair of shoes (RBS) of which I received.
After being there 6 weeks I got the rest of my uniform which was a Fleece, Anorak, Winter Jacket, waterproofs bottoms & a Bennie hat
Chewster
Posts: 527
Joined: 15 Jan 2016, 12:34
Gender: Male

Joining RM after Christmas.

Post by Chewster »

I got basic uniform the week I joined, although the waterproof jacket I got was just a spare one out of the cupboard and it's the one I use to this day lol. Wouldn't allow me to order one from dimensions and when I mentioned it to DOM (just the other week) he said he'd request them to update it, so worth saying that to your dom