ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

SA on bank holidays

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
geordieboy123
Posts: 384
Joined: 06 Nov 2014, 17:35
Gender: Female

SA on bank holidays

Post by geordieboy123 »

If I was scheduled to do an SA Monday and Tuesday this week would I get paid for them?
buntin
Posts: 100
Joined: 27 Jul 2011, 13:55
Gender: Male

SA on bank holidays

Post by buntin »

yes.
number one
Posts: 1324
Joined: 19 Aug 2009, 21:20
Gender: Male

Sunday SA

Post by number one »

I was due to do SA this sunday just gone (xmas day) should I still get this paid?
Kings Norton
Posts: 320
Joined: 20 Nov 2012, 17:20
Gender: Male

Sunday SA

Post by Kings Norton »

number one wrote:I was due to do SA this sunday just gone (xmas day) should I still get this paid?
Yes you will, you were scheduled to come in so therefore you get paid just like a bank holiday on scheduled attendance.
PHARRY
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 327
Joined: 04 Nov 2013, 17:56
Gender: Male

Sunday SA

Post by PHARRY »

number one wrote:I was due to do SA this sunday just gone (xmas day) should I still get this paid?



Bloody Scratter working on Sunday should be ashamed of yourself
aiden01
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 7001
Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
Gender: Male

Sunday SA

Post by aiden01 »

PHARRY wrote:
number one wrote:I was due to do SA this sunday just gone (xmas day) should I still get this paid?



Bloody Scratter working on Sunday should be ashamed of yourself
I work most Sundays and I can tell its not for the love of the job. :d'oh!
geordieboy123
Posts: 384
Joined: 06 Nov 2014, 17:35
Gender: Female

SA on bank holidays

Post by geordieboy123 »

buntin wrote:yes.
what agreement is that in?
geordieboy123
Posts: 384
Joined: 06 Nov 2014, 17:35
Gender: Female

SA on bank holidays

Post by geordieboy123 »

geordieboy123 wrote:
buntin wrote:yes.
what agreement is that in?


The SA agreement is silent on it, what's your view teebs?
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72733
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

SA on bank holidays

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

LTB 267/14 JOINT STATEMENT – IMPROVED SCHEDULED ATTENDANCE HOLIDAY PAY
Payment will be made in relation to the hours that would have been worked on Scheduled Attendance had an individual not been absent on contractual annual leave or on a public holiday on the day or days they are otherwise due to work Scheduled Attendance. As a result, individuals holding an agreed Scheduled Attendance undertaking will receive the same amount of Scheduled Attendance payments in weeks or months when they are on leave or there is a public holiday as they earn when they are at work. This does not apply to additional annual leave purchased as the purchase price does not include the cost of Scheduled Attendance.
http://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communit ... 53&t=61963" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
geordieboy123
Posts: 384
Joined: 06 Nov 2014, 17:35
Gender: Female

SA on bank holidays

Post by geordieboy123 »

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:LTB 267/14 JOINT STATEMENT – IMPROVED SCHEDULED ATTENDANCE HOLIDAY PAY
Payment will be made in relation to the hours that would have been worked on Scheduled Attendance had an individual not been absent on contractual annual leave or on a public holiday on the day or days they are otherwise due to work Scheduled Attendance. As a result, individuals holding an agreed Scheduled Attendance undertaking will receive the same amount of Scheduled Attendance payments in weeks or months when they are on leave or there is a public holiday as they earn when they are at work. This does not apply to additional annual leave purchased as the purchase price does not include the cost of Scheduled Attendance.
http://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communit ... 53&t=61963" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
cheers mate I could kiss yeah
number one
Posts: 1324
Joined: 19 Aug 2009, 21:20
Gender: Male

Sunday SA

Post by number one »

PHARRY wrote:
number one wrote:I was due to do SA this sunday just gone (xmas day) should I still get this paid?



Bloody Scratter working on Sunday should be ashamed of yourself
No shame in working to support my ill wife and children. Pillock
midegarelu
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 414
Joined: 12 Sep 2009, 07:09
Gender: Male
Location: somewhere over the rainbow

Sunday SA

Post by midegarelu »

PHARRY wrote:
number one wrote:I was due to do SA this sunday just gone (xmas day) should I still get this paid?



Bloody Scratter working on Sunday should be ashamed of yourself

No shame in supporting your family. Most of us who work SA's don't do it for the love of RM, but to support ourselves.
The only person who should be ashamed is your goodself.
:arrrghhh :arrrghhh :arrrghhh
"We employ you so we can sack you"
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72733
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

SA on bank holidays

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Zarkandar wrote:So what happens with the bag carriers who work wed to sat, I keep being told we are owed these banks holidays????

You are being told correctly. In RM 4 day workers are entitled to all the BHs just as 5 dayers are. So use the agreements and get extra days off, or claim as overtime.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
LaggyBand
Posts: 1065
Joined: 29 Jun 2015, 14:07
Gender: Male

SA on bank holidays

Post by LaggyBand »

Sorry to jack the thread but how about when on paternity leave? Couldn't find anything solid using the search function.