ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

incentive underpin bonus

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
lightningpostman
Posts: 271
Joined: 22 Apr 2015, 20:54
Gender: Male

incentive underpin bonus

Post by lightningpostman »

whats gone on here?

from what i read this was supposed to be based on actual hours worked and not contracted hours,

why has my wage slip got the exact same bonus as my contracted xmas bonus (cwu) payment?
Creditshampoo
Posts: 1189
Joined: 06 Oct 2014, 19:48
Gender: Male

incentive underpin bonus

Post by Creditshampoo »

Both are dependant on contract hours
lightningpostman
Posts: 271
Joined: 22 Apr 2015, 20:54
Gender: Male

incentive underpin bonus

Post by lightningpostman »

so both these forum vetrans were wrong?
dingo wrote:No you don't ! The 2 separate christmas bonus have two different qualifying criterias and 2 separate pay directives.

The EX IWM £100 bonus which has been around for many years has a criteria that if you work 2 weeks in December at an higher contract than you will qualify for an higher share of that xmas bonus up to the full £100.

The second £100 Christmas Bonus which was the replacement to the Colleague Share scheme is based on a part timers average hours on single rate pay ( not SA ) during the year.
TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
dougfunny892 wrote:No truth in the rumour that we are only getting a £100 this year?
some truth.

The official Christmas Bonus is £100. The extra £100 is from the BT2010 agreement/Colleague shares.

Just like we always get Christmas at this time of year we will also get the same questions about the Bonus.

1. How much is it - £200 in total for a FT.
2. Is it pro rata - yes although in 2 different ways - the Colleagueshares bit is based on OT up to 39 hours the Xmas bit on contracted hours during the weeks before Christmas.
3. When is it paid - the last Pay Day before Christmas (23 Dec 2016)
4. If you are off sick you lose some. Only if you are on reduced pay. If you are on full pay you get the full entitlement.
5. You lose some if you are on strike - Correct 10% per day for unofficial action and 3% for official action. Days are counted from midnight to midnight.
6. Does everyone get the bonus - No. Casuals don't but anyone on a fixed term or long term contract does, although as far as I know you have to employed for the full qualifying period of the 4 weeks before Christmas.

or has there been a cockup?
crazyshrew
Posts: 584
Joined: 19 Jun 2011, 16:58
Gender: Female
Location: Coastal, South West

incentive underpin bonus

Post by crazyshrew »

Possibly some cock up, at least on the bit that's based on ACTUAL hours worked.

Until a couple of months ago I was on a 30hr contract, since then I have been FT (working that and more) but awaiting confirmation by way of contract. Still not got the contract, but today was the first payslip with 39 hrs basic rather than the outstanding 9 being paid as OT :nana .

Both my bonus bits were paid pro rata, for 30hrs :sad:
datasaint
Posts: 1541
Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 17:19
Gender: Male

incentive underpin bonus

Post by datasaint »

crazyshrew wrote:Possibly some cock up, at least on the bit that's based on ACTUAL hours worked.

Until a couple of months ago I was on a 30hr contract, since then I have been FT (working that and more) but awaiting confirmation by way of contract. Still not got the contract, but today was the first payslip with 39 hrs basic rather than the outstanding 9 being paid as OT :nana .

Both my bonus bits were paid pro rata, for 30hrs :sad:
You had to be 39hr FT for 4 weeks since 28th Nov to qualify for the full bonus.
rubberbond
Posts: 1497
Joined: 24 Aug 2014, 16:03
Gender: Male

incentive underpin bonus

Post by rubberbond »

I thought that everyone was made up automatically to full time at Christmas,or they were five years ago,those who wanted it anyway. Perhaps I thought wrong,it has been known,not least at home!
mailroyaly
Posts: 129
Joined: 15 Feb 2008, 16:00
Gender: Male
Location: over there

incentive underpin bonus

Post by mailroyaly »

norm wrote:
crazyshrew wrote:Possibly some cock up, at least on the bit that's based on ACTUAL hours worked.

Until a couple of months ago I was on a 30hr contract, since then I have been FT (working that and more) but awaiting confirmation by way of contract. Still not got the contract, but today was the first payslip with 39 hrs basic rather than the outstanding 9 being paid as OT :nana .

Both my bonus bits were paid pro rata, for 30hrs :sad:
You had to be 39hr FT for 4 weeks since 28th Nov to qualify for the full bonus.
Have been, still got paid pro rata. :thumbdown
lightningpostman
Posts: 271
Joined: 22 Apr 2015, 20:54
Gender: Male

incentive underpin bonus

Post by lightningpostman »

norm wrote:
crazyshrew wrote:Possibly some cock up, at least on the bit that's based on ACTUAL hours worked.

Until a couple of months ago I was on a 30hr contract, since then I have been FT (working that and more) but awaiting confirmation by way of contract. Still not got the contract, but today was the first payslip with 39 hrs basic rather than the outstanding 9 being paid as OT :nana .

Both my bonus bits were paid pro rata, for 30hrs :sad:
You had to be 39hr FT for 4 weeks since 28th Nov to qualify for the full bonus.
theres 2 seperate bonus's and conflicting information regarding the bonus i have named.

im a pt but have been working well above 39 hours these past few weeks, according to what i quoted above that part of my bonus should have been more, but both parts of my bonus are the exact same amount meaning the extra hours i have been working where not taken into account.


being temporary made up to ft we were sahfted on but have been working ft + more hours in the same period so what the hell is going on here.
slt2653
Posts: 5
Joined: 18 Mar 2012, 21:38
Gender: Male

incentive underpin bonus

Post by slt2653 »

From what I remember the previous couple of years, we get the rest of it sometime in January.

I guess it's because they don't actually know yet what actual hours (up to 39 a week) we've done as we are still in the 4 week christmas period.
wannabeek
Posts: 996
Joined: 27 Apr 2011, 00:49
Gender: Male

incentive underpin bonus

Post by wannabeek »

I believe that is true. I'm pretty certain that back when I was part time I received the pro rata bonus before Xmas and the bit extra based on the overtime hours was added on a couple of weeks after.
Makes sense because they can't know what overtime you have done this week yet.
wacko74
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1572
Joined: 04 Apr 2009, 20:35
Gender: Male

incentive underpin bonus

Post by wacko74 »

I don't usually pay Income Tax being only 20 hours per week, However I don't appear to have been taxed on my bonus of £50 + £50 either?
I've received the full amount with no income tax deduction showing on my wage slip.

Is this right?
Surreypostie
Posts: 999
Joined: 04 Aug 2013, 21:05
Gender: Male

incentive underpin bonus

Post by Surreypostie »

wacko74 wrote:I don't usually pay Income Tax being only 20 hours per week, However I don't appear to have been taxed on my bonus of £50 + £50 either?
I've received the full amount with no income tax deduction showing on my wage slip.

Is this right?
That will depend on how much you have earned in this financial year. We can't answer that for you.
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

incentive underpin bonus

Post by fishtank »

wacko74 wrote:I don't usually pay Income Tax being only 20 hours per week, However I don't appear to have been taxed on my bonus of £50 + £50 either?
I've received the full amount with no income tax deduction showing on my wage slip.

Is this right?
Unlikely.
Your personal allowance is generally spread across the entire tax year which comes in at around £211 p/w, since you're on 20 hours you will be normally earning pretty much bang on your allowance so unless you've had a prolonged period without pay this tax year and had your pa recalculated i would expect to be paying some tax on a £300+ wage this week. Might be prepared for a short wage next week.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72733
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

incentive underpin bonus

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

This is a text only version of what I think is an LTB that I have not yet got, and can't find on the CWU site. I will post it in full when I do so:

Dear Colleagues

The Department have received a number of calls/enquiries in the past 24 hours regarding members not receiving the full Christmas Bonus and Supplement Payments. This is despite them being told that they would have their part time contracts uplifted to full time for the Christmas Period and in some places, local signed agreement in the office to that effect.

In the first instance we would ask you to raise this locally in order to ensure the correct payment is made, if however you encounter further difficulties can you please log all instances of this nature and send in reports to the Outdoor Department, whereupon we will be raising this issue with Royal Mail at national level as soon as is practicable, following the companies categorical assurance that where agreed, uplifts would be accepted in line with the

Christmas Arrangements Agreement.
I have attached the relevant pay document which outlines the correct criteria which should be followed, for reference. (will post on receipt)

I would like to take this opportunity to wish yourselves and your families a very happy Christmas and a healthy new year!

Mark Baulch
A/Assistant Secretary
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
wacko74
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1572
Joined: 04 Apr 2009, 20:35
Gender: Male

incentive underpin bonus

Post by wacko74 »

Thanks for the replies to my query Surrey and Fishtank, I forgot to add I've been on a career break and only started back in August so I've not been earning for the full tax year.

Got to admit I really struggle to grasp income tax and how it's calculated over the year.

Also my current tax code is 1100L/0... I can't seem to obtain a definite answer as to whether that is an emergency tax code OR the correct tax code for someone earning below the income tax threshold?!