So, I sent a parcel (SD) to my niece yesterday, checked the tracking and it had its Received + On Delivery scans at Goring by Sea DO, as expected as she lives just up the road from there.
But the delivery attempt was by Littlehampton, and Littlehampton is apparently where it'll be going back to for a redelivery request or customers collection
I'm not even remotely concerned, I know it's safe and that there is a perfectly sensible reason (as much as RM can do sensible)' but curious and to why 2 DOs would be involved in the delivery of an item?
Does anyone know, or at least have a similar set up in their area that they can explain?
To the average customer on the street with a very urgent/important/valuable item, this might trigger some worry.
I'm just wondering if anyone here can explain why
A) Because I can't help but find the endless variations we have in doing the same basic job quite fascinating.
B) Should I ever be asked by Joe Public about it I'll know the answer
cheers all
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
How does RM work? I'm curious
-
crazyshrew
- Posts: 584
- Joined: 19 Jun 2011, 16:58
- Gender: Female
- Location: Coastal, South West
-
goneaway
- Posts: 314
- Joined: 20 Oct 2016, 19:50
- Gender: Male
How does RM work? I'm curious
It could be that the round was being covered by a postie normally based at Littlehampton, but who was loaned out to help at Goring by Sea, but the tracking system appears to show that it was Littlehampton who attempted the delivery, if the postie does not have a profile on the tracking system for the Goring by Sea office. Though in that case, the item should go back to Goring on Sea. Is it possible the postie left the incorrect P739 calling card for their normal office in error?
-
crazyshrew
- Posts: 584
- Joined: 19 Jun 2011, 16:58
- Gender: Female
- Location: Coastal, South West
How does RM work? I'm curious
That could well be the explanation (I knew there'd be a reasonable one), It was returned to and collected from Goring.
For all they spew on to us about getting things right it's silly little anomalies like this that are allowed to happen that knock the public's confidence in us, not us not having a 100% first time delivery success rate.
If I was an outsider who had sent something very valuable or urgent I'm sure I would have been sick with worry about my parcel apparently not being where I expected it to be.
For all they spew on to us about getting things right it's silly little anomalies like this that are allowed to happen that knock the public's confidence in us, not us not having a 100% first time delivery success rate.
If I was an outsider who had sent something very valuable or urgent I'm sure I would have been sick with worry about my parcel apparently not being where I expected it to be.
-
Kxxvc
- Posts: 1
- Joined: 30 May 2015, 20:32
- Gender: Male
How does RM work? I'm curious
The postie was probably on loan from the other office, and forgot to switch out the 739s that he already had in his pocket.