ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Parking at delivery offices

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
shaunthomas
Posts: 3
Joined: 29 Aug 2012, 16:21
Gender: Male

Parking at delivery offices

Post by shaunthomas »

As employees are we allowed to park at other delivery offices? For example I'm visiting London for a couple of days soon and I'm wondering if we are allowed to park at a delivery office in London. I Also do some cycle touring and I was wondering if I can park at any other office for a few days whilst I explore that part of the country?
bustedflush
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1493
Joined: 16 Feb 2013, 11:19
Gender: Male

Parking at delivery offices

Post by bustedflush »

shaunthomas wrote:As employees are we allowed to park at other delivery offices? For example I'm visiting London for a couple of days soon and I'm wondering if we are allowed to park at a delivery office in London. I Also do some cycle touring and I was wondering if I can park at any other office for a few days whilst I explore that part of the country?
Ring the relevant DO and ask the DIM! I can't see an issue as long as its an office with enough parking and you understand it's at your own risk. Leave a few 739's scattered on the dashboard and elastic bands etc. so if you didn't ask they would assume an employee's vehicle. :shhhhh
woopesh
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 230
Joined: 30 Dec 2015, 22:02
Gender: Male

Parking at delivery offices

Post by woopesh »

Report back here if you are actually allowed. I can't imagine insurance etc would allow it unless you are actually working in that DO.
Surreypostie
Posts: 999
Joined: 04 Aug 2013, 21:05
Gender: Male

Parking at delivery offices

Post by Surreypostie »

shaunthomas wrote:As employees are we allowed to park at other delivery offices? For example I'm visiting London for a couple of days soon and I'm wondering if we are allowed to park at a delivery office in London. I Also do some cycle touring and I was wondering if I can park at any other office for a few days whilst I explore that part of the country?
Most of the DO's in London don't have room for vans, I think you will get a very loud laugh off the DOM in any office, if you can afford a holiday in London you can afford to park. It seriously isn't that expensive compared to everything else you will be ripped off for.
South_London_Postie
Posts: 306
Joined: 18 Nov 2016, 19:58
Gender: Male

Parking at delivery offices

Post by South_London_Postie »

Better still ask the delivery office where the nearest free parking is. (Believe it or not London has free parking too!) Remember you work for the largest delivery network with the most local knowledge in this country. Use it.