Hi
I am transferring from PF to RM after Christmas and have a few questions if someone could spend a few minutes answering them?
1. I have heard nothing from anyone with regards to my transfer except from my own boss who has said she's done her part. Should I hear anything from anyone else? I've had nothing in writing, no confirmed start date or times, nothing.
2. Will my service carry over? When I went to see the RM manager last Monday he told me that I wouldn't be able to get my uniform straight away and I'd have to wear my PF uniform for a few weeks and I would have to be working for RM for a year before I could have a rain coat (which I find hard to believe)?
3. Do you get any additional payments with your wages like PF do? We get a bonus depending on how well the depot has performed or something. I understand you get basic pay plus an additional delivery supplement, is there anything else? And is it monthly or weekly pay?
Thanks.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Joining RM after Christmas.
-
Trolleyed
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 56
- Joined: 16 Dec 2014, 18:06
- Gender: Male
Joining RM after Christmas.
I had to wait a year to get a coat. Couldn't believe it lol.
Pay is weekly but overtime is a week in hand. Delivery supplement will vary according to contracted hours. I'm on 25 hours and get £15.36.
Pay is weekly but overtime is a week in hand. Delivery supplement will vary according to contracted hours. I'm on 25 hours and get £15.36.
-
Theghost
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 417
- Joined: 17 Mar 2009, 16:44
- Gender: Male
Joining RM after Christmas.
I cant really answer those questions,Although im sure someone will sort you out a waterproof jacket.smok3y666 wrote:Hi
I am transferring from PF to RM after Christmas and have a few questions if someone could spend a few minutes answering them?
1. I have heard nothing from anyone with regards to my transfer except from my own boss who has said she's done her part. Should I hear anything from anyone else? I've had nothing in writing, no confirmed start date or times, nothing.
2. Will my service carry over? When I went to see the RM manager last Monday he told me that I wouldn't be able to get my uniform straight away and I'd have to wear my PF uniform for a few weeks and I would have to be working for RM for a year before I could have a rain coat (which I find hard to believe)?
3. Do you get any additional payments with your wages like PF do? We get a bonus depending on how well the depot has performed or something. I understand you get basic pay plus an additional delivery supplement, is there anything else? And is it monthly or weekly pay?
Thanks.
How come you are swapping over?
-
Justanotherstar
- Posts: 351
- Joined: 28 Dec 2012, 10:43
- Gender: Male
Joining RM after Christmas.
I thought You could order all uniform straight away so long as you are on a permanent/longer than 6 month contract, maybe they're putting you on a temp one at first?
-
smok3y666
- Posts: 753
- Joined: 21 Dec 2008, 10:47
- Gender: Male
Joining RM after Christmas.
I'm changing because my current position has had me doing noons 3 to 11 for the last 9 years. I'm going on a permanent 30 hour contract, not temp.
-
Justanotherstar
- Posts: 351
- Joined: 28 Dec 2012, 10:43
- Gender: Male
Joining RM after Christmas.
Try to log onto the uniform website when you're in (after a week or 2) if you can get on just order it yourself, just your pay number as username and the password will be Delivery, could just be the manager not wanting to bother lol
-
Janet Brum
- Posts: 886
- Joined: 28 Sep 2016, 19:52
- Gender: Female
Joining RM after Christmas.
This is the site where you can order yourself:https://detail.dimensions.co.uk/Royalma ... lcome.aspxJustanotherstar wrote:Try to log onto the uniform website when you're in (after a week or 2) if you can get on just order it yourself, just your pay number as username and the password will be Delivery, could just be the manager not wanting to bother lol
I got a rain coat after 2 months in the job, but I suspect my manager ordered it late, I didn`t know I can do it myself back then.
-
telithowitis
- Posts: 149
- Joined: 03 Aug 2016, 20:19
- Gender: Male
Joining RM after Christmas.
All you need to know about ordering uniform
http://www.royalmailgroup.com/sites/def ... _order.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Ring yourself as you are entitled to it straight away, do not leave it to a manager as you don't need to and when I joined this year I got mine straight away whilst another guy asked a manager and it took months. Recommend the YDS as a shoe choice, quality water proof walking shoes comfy from day 1.
http://www.royalmailgroup.com/sites/def ... _order.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Ring yourself as you are entitled to it straight away, do not leave it to a manager as you don't need to and when I joined this year I got mine straight away whilst another guy asked a manager and it took months. Recommend the YDS as a shoe choice, quality water proof walking shoes comfy from day 1.
-
jelks
- Posts: 1
- Joined: 17 Sep 2016, 19:31
- Gender: Male
-
Justanotherstar
- Posts: 351
- Joined: 28 Dec 2012, 10:43
- Gender: Male
Joining RM after Christmas.
This is the link...Janet Brum wrote:This is the site where you can order yourself:https://detail.dimensions.co.uk/Royalma ... lcome.aspxJustanotherstar wrote:Try to log onto the uniform website when you're in (after a week or 2) if you can get on just order it yourself, just your pay number as username and the password will be Delivery, could just be the manager not wanting to bother lol
I got a rain coat after 2 months in the job, but I suspect my manager ordered it late, I didn`t know I can do it myself back then.
https://detail.dimensions.co.uk/Royalma ... sCookies=1
-
Clared
- Posts: 122
- Joined: 08 Jul 2016, 12:18
- Gender: Female
Joining RM after Christmas.
When I started RM I was told I would get a basic uniform after a week I ordered them from dimensions (RM website by using my pay role number)smok3y666 wrote:Hi
I am transferring from PF to RM after Christmas and have a few questions if someone could spend a few minutes answering them?
1. I have heard nothing from anyone with regards to my transfer except from my own boss who has said she's done her part. Should I hear anything from anyone else? I've had nothing in writing, no confirmed start date or times, nothing.
2. Will my service carry over? When I went to see the RM manager last Monday he told me that I wouldn't be able to get my uniform straight away and I'd have to wear my PF uniform for a few weeks and I would have to be working for RM for a year before I could have a rain coat (which I find hard to believe)?
3. Do you get any additional payments with your wages like PF do? We get a bonus depending on how well the depot has performed or something. I understand you get basic pay plus an additional delivery supplement, is there anything else? And is it monthly or weekly pay?
Thanks.
Which was 1 pair shorts,Trousers,3 shirts,Cap, ViZ & a pair of shoes (RBS) of which I received.
After being there 6 weeks I got the rest of my uniform which was a Fleece, Anorak, Winter Jacket, waterproofs bottoms & a Bennie hat
-
Chewster
- Posts: 527
- Joined: 15 Jan 2016, 12:34
- Gender: Male
Joining RM after Christmas.
I got basic uniform the week I joined, although the waterproof jacket I got was just a spare one out of the cupboard and it's the one I use to this day lol. Wouldn't allow me to order one from dimensions and when I mentioned it to DOM (just the other week) he said he'd request them to update it, so worth saying that to your dom