ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Signing for a duty
-
Qwertyuiop
- Posts: 3
- Joined: 22 Sep 2010, 20:50
- Gender: Male
Signing for a duty
Hi if I sign for a duty then 6 months later can I sign for a different one ???
-
DB1100
- Posts: 1976
- Joined: 10 Sep 2007, 14:30
Signing for a duty
I'm pretty certain you have to hold it for a year before moving.
For we were soldiers once,and young
-
Qwertyuiop
- Posts: 3
- Joined: 22 Sep 2010, 20:50
- Gender: Male
Signing for a duty
Ok thanks thought so
-
Postie45
- Posts: 2160
- Joined: 21 Aug 2012, 23:05
- Gender: Male
Signing for a duty
ive known people sign for a duty then not like it and go back to being a reserve in barely a month. They are just then unable to sign for another duty until 12 months after they signed for the last one.
-
Zicomurphy
- Posts: 578
- Joined: 24 Oct 2014, 06:40
- Gender: Male
Signing for a duty
Or not get on with the person who holds the other half of a park and loop pairing and go back to reserve. That's happened once or twice where I work, the dangers of picking a duty in a repick when the other half hasn't been picked yet.Postie45 wrote:ive known people sign for a duty then not like it and go back to being a reserve in barely a month. They are just then unable to sign for another duty until 12 months after they signed for the last one.
-
Judgee
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2262
- Joined: 23 Oct 2007, 15:18
Signing for a duty
If you sign for a duty as part of an office resign you can change/sign for another one with no time restrictions. If you sign for one that's not part of an office resign you have to wait for 12 months or go back to being a reserve.
Personally, I'd stick with a crap one for a year!
Personally, I'd stick with a crap one for a year!
Union what Union? Do we have a union?
-
cpsteve
- Posts: 699
- Joined: 20 Apr 2016, 15:46
- Gender: Male
Signing for a duty
Are you sure? In our office once you have signed for a duty that's it until another resign that might not be for years if no one leaves or no changes occur. Of course you can swap if no one else is affected and the manager agrees.Judgee wrote:If you sign for a duty as part of an office resign you can change/sign for another one with no time restrictions. If you sign for one that's not part of an office resign you have to wait for 12 months or go back to being a reserve.
Personally, I'd stick with a crap one for a year!
-
Judgee
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2262
- Joined: 23 Oct 2007, 15:18
Signing for a duty
Yup I'm sure. Although different offices may have their own version of the rules I guess, but these have always been the ones my office have gone by and I was led to believe it is pretty much the standard across the board! 
Union what Union? Do we have a union?
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72733
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Signing for a duty
http://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communit ... 36&t=11941" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
14.9 Employees taking up internally-advertised posts will be dedicated to them for a minimum of12 months. No applications for job moves will be considered during that period, unless they are:
For specialist posts;
As a result of serious personal or domestic reasons, following discussions with local CWU representatives.
14.9 Employees taking up internally-advertised posts will be dedicated to them for a minimum of12 months. No applications for job moves will be considered during that period, unless they are:
For specialist posts;
As a result of serious personal or domestic reasons, following discussions with local CWU representatives.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.